Irvine Bears Advice Please

MearnsUnionist

I am surprised i thought less than 3.5. I remember when B/Hill, Broomlands was first built everyone in Dreghorn, Irvine etc called it a fenian hole pecentage of RC's at that time was 16%.
I remember when Dreghorn in the mid 60's there were 3 RC families,. Shields,Steele and Doyle

Especially for you @auldyin.

Dreghorn 3.5k population and 304 tarriers.

IrvineLoyal

I had the record of being barred for over 10 years at the Bothan and i went from barred to barman when Fox got the place and wanted me to work in the place lol

Tam must have had it for a good 25 year ot so i mind my mum working in it in the early 80s and Tam had it i think.

I only really started drinking in it not long before it shut in 2010 as we ran a pub football team out it.

I can still remember walking past the pub when i was 7 after we beat aberdeen at pittodrie to win league in 87 and it was absolutely bouncing with the billys boys folk singing in street etc apparently 2 buses left every week for Ibrox back then

auldyin

Tam must have had it for a good 25 year ot so i mind my mum working in it in the early 80s and Tam had it i think.

I only really started drinking in it not long before it shut in 2010 as we ran a pub football team out it.

I can still remember walking past the pub when i was 7 after we beat aberdeen at pittodrie to win league in 87 and it was absolutely bouncing with the billys boys folk singing in street etc apparently 2 buses left every week for Ibrox back then
It was only ever 1 bus that i remember but that one was seriously mental.

joseph

Official Ticketer
Bit out town centre The Crown in Dreghorn
5 minutes from Irvine town centre and another staunch pub

I remember the bus getting reported to ibrox from an auld dear who stayed on the Barrhead road.

When ranter gave a moonie out the back window after stopping at temporary traffic lights

Lainey Love

I’ve been away from Ayrshire for well over 30 years but way back then I used to go to the Croft in Springside with a wee pal of mine called Alec (Pie) Lowe,he used to tell me it was the best wee Rangers pub in Ayrshire

auldyin

I’ve been away from Ayrshire for well over 30 years but way back then I used to go to the Croft in Springside with a wee pal of mine called Alec (Pie) Lowe,he used to tell me it was the best wee Rangers pub in Ayrshire
Did Alec have a brother called Andy and a sister Karen?

Grew up just round from it and moved away 25 years later end up back, stay right next to pub always a drama young boys ran in New Year's Eve with ski masks on and started attacking folk mental
Lived right behind it for over 25yrs myself in mull crescent 3 storey house. Always was a bit mental. Once saw an irate wife %^*& a full dinner on the plate over her man's heid on a Saturday teatime because he wasn't home when he said he'd be!

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
Lived right behind it for over 25yrs myself in mull crescent 3 storey house. Always was a bit mental. Once saw an irate wife %^*& a full dinner on the plate over her man's heid on a Saturday teatime because he wasn't home when he said he'd be!
The classic schoolboy error of giving an exact time for your return from the pub.

Southside_shug

His boy Chow went on our bus from the Woodgrove in Killie when I ran it from 2002-2010. Pie would travel on it now and again.

MU, what's the stats for Kilmarnock please?

Lainey Love

His boy Chow went on our bus from the Woodgrove in Killie when I ran it from 2002-2010. Pie would travel on it now and again.

MU, what's the stats for Kilmarnock please?

I know Chow very well, in fact I took him to his very first game against the scum at the piggery.

It was the game when Alex miller scored the winner, we got chased down the road on the way to Anderson x for the bus.

By the way, Pie would have caused a fight in an empty hoose