Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Cup

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
Is anybody else heading along to this today? Should be an absolute cracker with a big crowd.
Irvine bears- where would you say the best place to park would be over there? I’m thinking the car park for The Portal might be a shout but I know they sometimes use it as a COVID testing centre, so it could be off limits.

Yeah,heading to this.
Car parks on Quarry Road and East Road.
Or on street parking.

Is anybody else heading along to this today? Should be an absolute cracker with a big crowd.
Irvine bears- where would you say the best place to park would be over there? I’m thinking the car park for The Portal might be a shout but I know they sometimes use it as a COVID testing centre, so it could be off limits.
The portal car park isn't very big mate . I would park at quarry Road next to the new sports complex . Other than that there are loads of streets next to meadow Park you could go.

The portal car park isn't very big mate . I would park at quarry Road next to the new sports complex . Other than that there are loads of streets next to meadow Park you could go.
Dunno what made me say The Portal, I meant The Circuit. :D

The BBC picked it but wanted it on a Monday night. IM would have had to upgrade their floodlights and they also said it wouldn’t have suited their players due to work commitments.
I've also heard Medda were told they would get £1500 for it being televised, which is ridiculous if it's true.

I've also heard Medda were told they would get £1500 for it being televised, which is ridiculous if it's true.
All teams in round one get £1500 for the televised rights. £2250 for round two and £3500 for round three. Get to round four and it leaps to £24000

Medda would’ve been paid more for the rights to televise the game live but they’ll always more having it on a Saturday with the larger crowd and selling hospitality.

Not fond of the Medda- so I’ll be in favour of the south Ayrshire coal stealers to edge this one :cool:

bye the bye come on ye buffs up at pollock

The ref was a bit whistle happy and too keen to bring out the yellow card.
I thought he called the penalty right and was ok.
I thought it was a penalty. Dry clumsy but it would’ve been a foul outside the box so came complain he gave a penalty for it inside the box

biggest taking point for me was his failure to send off the medda number 7. At the time he got his yellow card I thought he was going straight off for raising his hands. But he got off with it there. He also had several fouls after that and didn’t receive another yellow and stayed on long enough to be substituted.

However, a literal game of two halves. Medda coulda/shoulda been more than one to the good first half with Talbot having the better of the second half. Can’t complain at £8.

I thought it was a penalty. Dry clumsy but it would’ve been a foul outside the box so came complain he gave a penalty for it inside the box

biggest taking point for me was his failure to send off the medda number 7. At the time he got his yellow card I thought he was going straight off for raising his hands. But he got off with it there. He also had several fouls after that and didn’t receive another yellow and stayed on long enough to be substituted.

However, a literal game of two halves. Medda coulda/shoulda been more than one to the good first half with Talbot having the better of the second half. Can’t complain at £8.
If the boy who was clean through puts Meadow 2 up then a different game.
Ultimately Meadow ran out of steam and Talbot quite comfortable in the end.

Said as soon as he missed it they would regret it. You don’t get many chances like that against teams like Talbot.
I thought the teams were pretty even in the first half although the ball was in the air a lot. The Talbot keeper pulled off a wonder save when he looked well beaten, I’m still not sure how he managed to claw the ball away.
Second half there was only one team in it. Well after the squandered one on one.

I just happened to check to see the kick off time was 3pm.
Used to the juniors being 2pm :)
Mate I 100% read somewhere that it was 2pm. Possibly a Facebook page or something. Lesson learned anyway, I’ll double check from now on:D

Said as soon as he missed it they would regret it. You don’t get many chances like that against teams like Talbot.
I thought the teams were pretty even in the first half although the ball was in the air a lot. The Talbot keeper pulled off a wonder save when he looked well beaten, I’m still not sure how he managed to claw the ball away.
Second half there was only one team in it. Well after the squandered one on one.
Good summary,agree 100%.

As a neutral - what did you think of the officials?

Ref was far too quick with the whistle and the bookings for Talbot players. Very fussy. Linesman running on to the park to move the ball back about 2 foot when Talbot were trying to take a free kick was also weapons grade shithousery.

Medda's stand is piss poor. Can't see the near side touchline from it. Also kind of defeats the point when a couple of utter fannies decide to stand at the stairs and record bits of the game on their camera phones with weird little dildo handles, thus blocking everybody on that side's view of the goals during the 2nd half.

I moved at 1-1.

Keeper had gone down quite early too. Made himself big, but the forward put his shot straight at the keeper's right leg. No height on the shot to take it over the keeper's leg and into the net.

Keeper had gone down quite early too. Made himself big, but the forward put his shot straight at the keeper's right leg. No height on the shot to take it over the keeper's leg and into the net.
Yeah,he needed to lift it over the keeper,but didn’t manage it.
He did well to fashion the chance but couldn’t finish.

Injury ravaged Lok win 2-1 buffs manager is an embarrassment btw
Hes not a patch on Lovering at the Bens. I think he thinks he can actually control the players by shouting at them what to do when they actually have the ball. Insufferable.

Meadow needed to score the 2nd goal that miss from number 7 Faulds ex Talbot too was the major turning point. Leishman is a brilliant goalie at this level for Auchinleck and Talbot have great strength in depth with their subs making a difference too: Shankland if he could stay fit would be a League One / Championship player for instance.

With the Meadow stand you need to be near the centre but you are better off in terracing and better atmosphere in there too.

Official crowd only just over 1,000 I reckon at least 300 more but that won't include weans and freebies.

Also what did Strain do today for Buffs? Him and his greeting faced committee are full of arseholes compared to the Meadow and Talbot good guys.

Last week Strain was roaring and balling at the subs "f**King warm up, you can be on any f**King time ya pricks" then when they were doing sprints "f**King move it, that's pish" etc etc.

Surprised the players take being spoken to like that.

All teams in round one get £1500 for the televised rights. £2250 for round two and £3500 for round three. Get to round four and it leaps to £24000

Medda would’ve been paid more for the rights to televise the game live but they’ll always more having it on a Saturday with the larger crowd and selling hospitality.
Bit of an insult to the clubs offering that paltry amount

Last week Strain was roaring and balling at the subs "f**King warm up, you can be on any f**King time ya pricks" then when they were doing sprints "f**King move it, that's pish" etc etc.

Surprised the players take being spoken to like that.
The guy seems like a bit of an all round cùnt.

Back