Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV - Hibs cleared by SFA

purposely OTT and tasteless, the way jokes sometimes can be. I don’t know if you actually believe he actually meant these words seriously or not. I suggest that’s a stretch but if you show me proof - a notebook with plans and Alfie’s address? - i’ll be first on the phone to the cops.

Words don’t equate to violence. If you accept this false premise, you have literally zero right to object to the abuse of power that has and will be used against you as a Rangers fan.

This thread is full of blatant hypocrisy, often contained within the space of the same post. Just think about the double standards argument for a second longer lads, Either you actually believe Lennon is the most uniquely persecuted man in Scotland... or like me, you don’t. If you’re like me, then you shouldn’t be playing that game at all.
There's a MASSIVE difference between posters on here spouting stuff like that and someone being paid to appear on an official club outlet saying it FFS!

im

no and i don’t think it’s wise to throw the term racist around so casually. what evidence do you have for that claim?

pretty soon we won’t know what actual racism is
Why does Alfie get hounded for a stamp like this, while Leigh Griffiths and particularly Scott Brown regularly do similar things yet no one mentions it? Scott Brown stamped on the boy last week right after he elbowed him and got sent off. The media didn't even mention his stamp, I only knew about it because people here flagged it up.

You tell me why there's one rule for them and another for Morelos.

i watched most of the game on hibs tv last night as my Rangers link kept buffering but had to turn the volumn off after 20 minutes over their constant referral to the so called Alfie stamp .
As far as i seen in the numerous replays in real time , Alfie did bring his foot down off balance on the thug but he immediately fell over ,not even a split second later by bending his knee to take the weight off his foot.
Easy for them to take a still shot at the point of contact and make it look bad
After listening to them waffling on for those 20 mins ,i have no doubt what their commentators were capble off coming out with.
Wether the said man was one of them ,i ve no idea as i have no notion who he is and no idea who was commentating either but we have no reason not to believe the OP on this .

are you doubting our admin?
I believe there is a screenshot doing the rounds of somebody claiming Welsh said this.

This is not proof. If someone on here said they just saw Neil lennon do a jobbie in Sauchiehall Street should we just all believe it?

Had a quick look on the hibs forums and it is clear welsh said something, but exactly what needs to be 100% clarified for alleged comments as serious as this.

If there isnt an actual clip of this already, Hibs will have it edited out by now.

Would have been better waiting to complain once there was actual proof. Theyve had time to get rid of the evidence now.

To the guys moaning about no proof, go and pay for HibsTV, check the archives, listen to the full broadcast, record the offending parts, upload it, then post it here.

The fact that neither he or Tanner are replying to tweets about it tells me it's true. I reckon they've been told to keep it quiet until Hibs deal with it.

Its a police matter M8.

No more of this sectarian shit against us.

Over to those for a full enquiry. This was said on an official club channel.

classic stuff, rooting out dissenting voices, questioning loyalties, misrepresenting people’s position

why don’t you report me to “Your Admin” if you think i’m beyond the pale and should be silenced?

m8 looking at your stance and replys on said subject I dont need too. The people know.

The Sun is now reporting on it online
Not covered it all:

RANGERS fans have complained to Ofcom in the wake of a controversial appearance by Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV last night.

The Trainspotting author and celebrity fan joined host David Tanner and Hibs Ladies star Joelle Murray on the Hibs TV coverage of Rangers' 1-0 Easter Road victory.

Welsh was asked by Tanner to analyse the first-half incident where Alfredo Morelos avoided referee action when he stood on Ryan Porteous.

And he referred to Alfredo Morelos as a "sticky bun" - rhyming slang for the offensive term "h**" - as he claimed he should have been red carded there and then.

The author is well-known for his unusual use of language, but angry Gers fans complained on social media - with some sending complaints direct to the communications watchdog.

Rangers, Hibs and Irvine Welsh have been contacted for comment.

A
Not covered it all:

Rangers fans have complained to Ofcom in the wake of a controversial appearance by Irvine Welsh on Hibs TV last night.

The Trainspotting author and celebrity fan joined host David Tanner and Hibs Ladies star Joelle Murray on the Hibs TV coverage of Rangers' 1-0 Easter Road victory.

Welsh was asked by Tanner to analyse the first-half incident where Alfredo Morelos avoided referee action when he stood on Ryan Porteous.

And he referred to Alfredo Morelos as a "sticky bun" - rhyming slang for the offensive term "h**" - as he claimed he should have been red carded there and then.

The author is well-known for his unusual use of language, but angry Gers fans complained on social media - with some sending complaints direct to the communications watchdog.

Rangers, Hibs and Irvine Welsh have been contacted for comment.
as per usual the sun have shat the bed.

scum rag can’t even bring itself to bring the full story.
Sweep sweep.

Report the full thing rather than trying to trivialise the issue.

Obviously in the context of today’s society, Welsh will be lucky to get away with what he’s said. Not to mention, he’s just a total prick of a man.

Having said all that, I can’t be the only one who despairs at what the mentally challengeds have created, where everyone is falling over themselves to be offended at things.

I get that we don’t have much of a choice but to join in with the charade, but it’s demoralising none the less.

It was a better time when we could tear into Welsh for being a classless, republican piece of shit, without everyone desperate for the police to get involved over something that is ultimately not a serious threat.

A

as per usual the sun have shat the bed.

scum rag can’t even bring itself to bring the full story.
Sweep sweep.

Report the full thing rather than trying to trivialise the issue.

They have asked Rangers for comment,

Step forward Rangers and tell the world.

This is how a Catholic Columbian is being treated in our Country because he plays for Rangers. Sectarian bigots

Is there any video footage? If he's said it is absolutely disgusting and he should be dealt with but I'd like to hear it myself

classic stuff, rooting out dissenting voices, questioning loyalties, misrepresenting people’s position

why don’t you report me to “Your Admin” if you think i’m beyond the pale and should be silenced?
Sounds like you need a kick on your pika

It would be a real shame, if, like say, somebody reporteed um, an he goat a criminal record, an he couldny go to America again, ken?

I would be amazed if he said this, and expect the Club to respond, but has anyone actually heard him say it, or are we basing this on a tweet from some hiv fans

I think if it was the spoon burners official TV they have responsibility for the output and they need severely reprimanded even charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Last edited:
The club should go tonto at this if what has been reported was actually said. Both from the sectarian angle and protecting our player. Imagine this was some calling the lego eater a 19th Century Terrorist who should be chopped up on RTV? Would already have politicians out condemning it

Ordinally I wouldn't give a toss, but the Robert Carlisle analogy earlier in the thread is a good one, he would be totally cancelled and wouldn't get another job again. I've seen plenty of Hibs fans on Twitter saying they loved the comments as well so I'm guessing some of it is true anyway.

Back