Is Alfredo Morelos undroppable?

Is Alfredo Morelos for whatever reason… undroppable? And if so …why?

• Yes

Votes: 269 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 211 43.2%
  • Who?

Votes: 8 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gerrards built his entire system and team around him, of course he's undroppable.

As for being late to training - who hasnt been late for work once in their lives for a very good reason?

If he not on it, i would drop him what i mean is if he loses his head in a few games and keeps getting into trouble when he could walk away.

He is the only player that is bomb proof in the team, that in its self is a worry

It’s a tricky one tbh

in truth, no one in the world should be undroppable, and I’ve voted no. But the harsh reality is, who do we have to replace him at this moment in time? Kamberi?

That pretty much makes him undroppable

This sums up my thoughts on it. No one should be un-droppable as it leads to complacency. However, the lad has scored 29 goals this year and we could not get that return from anyone else in our squad. What we need to do is support him better!! The midfield / wingers need to start scoring.

I’m sorry....but if anyone is seriously saying we should drop Morelos for Kamberi....that tells me all I need to know about how tits up this season has gone.

To replace Alfredo with Kamberi would be a very desperate move indeed. A clear sign that we don’t know what we’re doing. That we‘re just changing something and hoping for the best.

Replacing an International quality £20 million odd rated striker with a bog standard SPL hitman Would be foolhardy, change for changes sake. Why not just throw Wes Foderingham up front instead and hope for the best ?

He is until Defoe is fit.

Defoe has scored 19 goals in 18 starts.

Kamberi has scored 3 goals in 22 starts.

There's the difference.

Alfredo is our first choice striker and rightly so.
Defoe is excellent back up.

Kamberi should never start, unless both of them are unavailable.

Last edited by a moderator:
No-one is unstoppable. However, it would be incredibly strange to drop him given his importance to the team. It’s far more than just his goal scoring ability that makes him so good.

Yes he is, Defoe was more effective in the 4 games he played than Alfie has been since he came back.

But we don’t have anybody else able to replace Alfie so he can’t and won’t be dropped. He will get another ban at some point though and hopefully JD is back fit.

No i dont think he is, he has been left on the bench plenty times, the end of last season after he was back from suspension Gerrard kept playing Defoe for a start.

But hes our best player, and the best striker in Scotland, why the %^*& would you drop him?

He has been dropped many times for Defoe, to many people's ire in here - so no.

He is first pick easily as it stands just now though for all games until Defoe is back or Kamberi establishes himself.

He's undroppable because of the goals and all round performance he brings to the team. He's got 30 goals with 3 months of the season left, and his hold up play and assists are hugely valuable to the team.

It's an odd question for our best player.

As hes the only other fit striker we have I would say yes , Alfie has been poor all this other stuff has got to him it looks like .
Hes been no worse than the rest of the players? You dropping the whole team?

Do you want to keep trying to win the league or have you just given up?

of course he is undropable
our number 1 striker, who gets his place
and will do any better
him and mcgregor start every game for me

As hes the only other fit striker we have I would say yes , Alfie has been poor all this other stuff has got to him it looks like .

Might as well drop the whole team then.

Thankfully we aren't dropping Morelos for a Hibs back up player. A player who Hibs have not missed one bit.

He’s our best player by some distance. His contribution to the team, even when not scoring goals, is absolutely vital to our success.
We were struggling big-time against Kilmarnock at Ibrox in December til he came on and won it single handed.

It’s no coincidence that our ‘collapse’ has been while he has not played for a month, and now trying to find match sharpness.
That’s got a lot more to do with it than the winter break in my opinion.

Hes been no worse than the rest of the players? You dropping the whole team?

Do you want to keep trying to win the league or have you just given up?

Hes done next to nothing since he came back in to the team , Biggest disappointment for me.

I haven’t given up but it’s highly unlikely and I think he should get a seat on the bench to show he’s not Undroppable.

As for the others yes I would drop quite a few.

Might as well drop the whole team then.

Thankfully we aren't dropping Morelos for a Hibs back up player. A player who Hibs have not missed one bit.

As I’ve said below I would be happy to drop several as the team has been extremely poor but the manager has his favourites and won’t give anyone else a start .

He had a perfectly good goal chopped off in midweek and was unlucky his lobbed effort came off the top of the bar.

There was also contact when he went down in the box that some referees would have given a foul for.

If any player thinks he’s undroppable then he will never function at 100 %. In our situation we need him more that we can afford to drop him. We have very little alternative. And that ladies and gentlemen sums up our problem.

I will go further, I love Alfie, but after this season it is time to go .

Yes, he has been picked on by referees but equally he has picked up red and yellow cards with stupidity.
His bans have cost us, we have slumped in the matches he has missed due to his suspensions. He has missed so many games due to winter break and suspension this time he is out of form and fitness.

So like it or not he has cost us because of the games he has missed over the last two seasons.

I would sell him after this season, lets hope his form improves and his price grows, and we benefit from a sell on clause later on.

Yes, we may get a striker in who scores less, but on the plus side will not miss large parts of the season by silly indiscipline.

Whilst a guy who Hibs didn't want is our only alternative then yes, he is undroppable.

What a strange question/poll? I’ve seen the same notion and the same question asked about Tav and Goldson, for example. Never seen it for McGregor though, despite a huge cock-up against Hibs. Seems to me to smack of posters promoting their favourites or slating those they might not be so keen on. I support Rangers, the team, not individual players. I can’t even say I have ‘favourites’ - I back them all, even through their bad periods. What’s the purpose of the question? Is it a dig at the player? A dig at the Manager? Take your pick.

In response to the question, and I haven’t voted because I think it’s daft, the answer is ‘no’. Not one player is ‘undroppable’. It’s the Managers job to pick the best team to win the game. If he gets it wrong too often, he gets sacked. Such is football at Ibrox.

Last edited:
Stupid question of the day - any player is droppable, but here is our best player, who has carried us in most games this season and been our outstanding player in Europe, yes he has his faults. Not sure why this question or needs asking? If the Op had put a poll for who should start today Kamberi or Morelos then he would have been rightly slaughtered. We have very little in back up striker plans at the moment and our midfield don’t reduce many goals. Also notice some of our own are starting to slip into the media mantra of negativity towards him. Quite bizarre really!

Not only has his form dipped but his attitude is stinking. Doesn't look interested.

And the diving!

Sadiq? We all talk about Morelos being refereed to a different standard but we want him to be treated differently by our own club. Maybe rightly so as one of those players had no positive input and one has won us games. But let's not forget what the vast majority of comments were about Morelos on Wednesday night.

At the moment his demons are getting the better of him and he looks a loose cannon. We are heaping the pressure on him as much as his detractors and he is feeling it.

Give Kamberi a start with Morelos on the bench. Would say start them both but not going to get started on formations!

He undroppable when he’s right on his game, shooting when he has a genuine chance / playing-in team mates when he doesn’t, and being a true professional on the pitch.

He’s droppable when he’s rolling about the floor, throwing his hands up in the air, shooting from impossible angles / distances and not passing to better positioned players.

We really need another top striker to put real pressure on him to make sure he gives us 100% and stops the nonsense. At this moment, Greg Stewart, Kamberi, and an ageing Defoe just isn’t enough of a positional threat to him.

At the moment , yes . With our style of play we don't have a replacement for Alfie . If Alfie doesn't play , we have to change our system. With the shackles placed upon him by corrupt officials it's definitely affecting his style of play .
The midfield could help a lot by weighing in with more goals than they currently are .

He's the only player that gives us a genuine goal threat.
There’s the problem, we have never had sufficient cover for his numerous suspensions. I know we have Defoe but we need at least one more imho.
On his game Alfredo is magnificent but he needs to be 100% or he can be a liability at times.

As all my post RE Alfie will testify I love him but would starting with JJ Kent and Kamberi and knocking the ball in behind give the opposition a unexpected challenge. We all know teams spend all week working in sitting off us and letting us keep ball for fun and hit us on the counter. I genuinely don’t think they would cope. Worse case we have ran the legs off them by60 and on comes Buf.
We need to have the ability to adapt and keep teams guessing imo.

He’ll score a hat trick today and this poll, along with some of the comments, will look as daft as it is.

He hasn't looked the same since his return. A game or 2 on the bench might kick his ass into gear.

It's a frankly ludicrous debate.

He's not perfect but he is massively important to us. In my opinion he deserves a bit more support than he's seen after a dip in form.

He got away with murder on here though for his sending off that's hurt us and him but because we won the OF game it got largely forgotten.

He's been dropped before and the main replacement for him is injured.

Only on FF could you go from a player valued by this forum as 30M minimum to being now worth less than 20M and should be a matter of debate if he should be dropped.

Bat shit crazy doesn't cover it.

This thread is a classic example of how in the moment a lot of punters are and act like children when we don't win. It is nuts.

Back