Is Alfredo Morelos undroppable?

Is Alfredo Morelos for whatever reason… undroppable? And if so …why?

• Yes

Votes: 269 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 211 43.2%
  • Who?

Votes: 8 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s been poor in all the games since his return so it’s a valid question.

Poor by his normal high standards yes, but he was very unlucky with his shot off the bar, should've had a penalty and had a perfectly good goal chopped off. Even off form he did enough to win us the game if not for the referee's intervention.

This is mental if a player is out of form, or is causing strife In the dressing room or disrespectful to the manager then of course they should be dropped, not that Alfie is doing any of the above.

A few passes have come his way and he’s allowed the defender to nip in, which isn’t like him. Normally strong to hold defenders off.

Hoping to sell Morelos on for a reasonable fee in the summer.

what kind of message does it send dropping him for a guy we have on loan from Hibs?

If he isn’t scoring or contributing positively to the team then absolutely he is droppable.

it doesn’t help that he doesn’t get the service he requires or deserves as a top class striker.

He really needs to get back on form and scoring goals. A prolonged spell where he is not performing will have a major impact on his value. Something is not quite right with him and it needs sorted quickly

I think we need a change of system,team lack urgency which is the biggest problem for me

Hasn’t played well in either of the last two games but like it or not he still did his job. Two perfectly good goals taken away from him, one of which could have been a winner and could have given himself and the side a shot in the arm of confidence.

Of course he isn't but I think he needs help up front. Kamberi is looking the perfect partner for him. Give that a whirl and see how it gets on...

Took a certain goal off Arfield today from an offside position not scoring or playing well at all.
But we all know that just some have over-hyped and still keep doing so when they can see he's not doing it.

Constantly lumping it up to him and asking him to do all the work himself needs to stop. I hope we go with 2 upfront in the league games.

Last edited:
All strikers hit dry patches and a drop in form regardless of how good they are , it probably shows more with Freddy due to the fact we depend on him so much. If others were scoring more around him or even another striker taking the burden we probably wouldn’t moan as much. He’s a young guy who’s has a lot of off field shite to deal with it’s bound to have an effect on him he will come good again
He is not on a dry patch.
He has actually scored two in two games.
One which was probably a winner and should have stood and the other, if it is offside, is extremely marginal, to say the least!
He hasn't been at his best, but he continues to be a valuable player that creates problems.
Should he have had a penalty against Kilmarnock?
Should he have had an assist today?

I think the most critical judge of Alfie and his form, is Alfie himself, and maybe that is what is bugging him, he believes he should be doing better.

Took a certain goal off Arfield today from an offside position not scoring or playing well at all.
But we all know that just some have over-hyped and still keep doing so when they can see he's not doing it.

Oh bore off. He was onside, he scored a perfectly good goal. If it had been Defoe taking that shot on you’d change your tune and pulled yer plonker.

Nobody is undroppable, however he is our top goal scorer and has had 2 clear goals wrongly chopped off in the past 2 games.

No player is unstoppable, but because of the way we play he kinda is. He’s too valuable to us and he should be sitting on 2 goals in 2 games if the officials done their job correctly

Voted Who? for a pure buzz and cos I don't really understand why the question is being asked.

Head down, right up the tunnell and acknowledged no one when subbed.

Something not quite right with Alfie right now.

Wants another contract, wage increase. I am his biggest fan as my past posts will show but I am not having an attitude when his agent wants signing talks. He is under contract. You sign a contract for that length of time and honour it.

I expect SG to do the right thing. Is his attitude possibly due to the way hes officiated? One would hope so. However too much a coincidence for me with his agent wanting signing talks.

Wants another contract, wage increase. I am his biggest fan as my past posts will show but I am not having an attitude when his agent wants signing talks. He is under contract. You sign a contract for that length of time and honour it.

I expect SG to do the right thing. Is his attitude possibly due to the way hes officiated? One would hope so. However too much a coincidence for me with his agent wanting signing talks.
Unnaceptable if true.

No player should be un-droppable
No player should have to suffer what Morelos has had to endure in this country.
Yes his form has shaded but remember he had a perfectly good goal disallowed on Wednesday and by all accounts the same today , strange that eh.

He really needs to get back on form and scoring goals. A prolonged spell where he is not performing will have a major impact on his value. Something is not quite right with him and it needs sorted quickly

He's scored 2 good goals in his last 2 games.

Onside.

Some amount of pish posted on this thread.

I’m out for the night, this place is a joke

Nobody is undroppable. If his form means he can't do what we need him to do then we look to Stewart and Kamberi to see what they can do. Personally, I don't think he is playing at his best but still the best option starter we have. Would like to see more of Stewart as an impact sub though

Yes. 3 goals in 3 games whilst we are playing poorly is exactly what you need from your main man, if officials do their job we aren't even mentioning his name in any negative fashion.

He has been below par since the winter break. A big game like Thursday could be just what he is needing to get him back on form.

Back