Is anyone else really struggling with out Rangers games?

biggames1220

I do not think I can make it another two months. Summer breaks always suck balls but 5 months is not bearable(see what i did there.) Between dealing with work, kids, family Rangers are the think that make it all worth while.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?

The first few month was the worst. Like a prolonged pish International break. Now it doesn't bother me. Thankfully I can now play a bit of golf now to preoccupy myself.

Saving an absolute fortune but to be honest I’m missing it like mad. Rangers games is a major part of my life. I also follow my local side ballymena when not at Ibrox. It’s killing me not getting to the football, as it’s also a social thing for me to.

Hopefully not be to long to wait

Have not missed sport all that much to be honest. The thought of it coming back without no fans also stirs nothing in me. Never been a fan of watching games that had been behind closed doors. I remember our game against Inter all those years ago. It was awful. Rarely seen a good game since under those conditions.

Missing Rangers and the cricket season but nothing else.Thought I would miss live tv football but not missing it in the slightest

I’ve started watching UFC and I absolutely love it. Going through old fights and getting up to speed with the best fighters in each of the weight divisions just now. Can’t believe I never gave it a chance over the years-but aye missing Rangers on a football front.

Ive missed it but not as much as i thought. Watching rangers can make me a nervous wreck at times plus i dont deal with defeats very well like in a downer for days. Im enjoying the peace lol.

What are you using to fill to void in you life.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I thought id struggle but I feel a lot less stressed and to the point now I don't miss watching us in the Scottish rugby league at all. Actually been more of a relief to get away from it all on reflection . My blood pressure and heart rate has been more steady due to not having to watch the utter corrupt shit show that we are forced to play in on a weekly basis . I don't miss the "honest mistakes" that seem to go against us every match and I don't miss watching the opposition kick lumps out of us and get away with it whilst our players are punished for the slightest thing.
Also don't miss watching a full half with the ball in the opposition keepers possession for 80 percent of it

I've found it weird in general without football. Normally have that rhythm of midweek games and weekend games whether that's us or stuff in England, Italy, UEFA comps etc. Gives you something to look forward to, pretty much work my week around it if I'm honest. I dont really watch TV apart from news and sport.

In a normal summer of course you might have a quiet 6 or 7 weeks if no Euros or World cup but there's tennis, golf, boxing etc to keep you occupied, holidays, nicer weather to enjoy. Then we would have early Europesn qualifiers, other Scottish teams to watch/hope get pumped etc.

In short it's been pish and there's no end in sight. Even missing just having something to have a laugh about in work. No coupons either.

Not overly, its now "Summer" so the season is over as things stand, I'm missing everything else, Wimbledon, Cricket, looking forward to Le Tour and the Olympics, plus the MLB.
The f.ucking Chinese is all I'll say.

I used to look forward to the summer sporting lull, aside from Olympic years
I obviously follow Rangers (Aug-May) but I'm also kinda fanatical about the 49ers (Sep-Jan).
If we get to Autumn and there are neither I will lose my mind.

I am missing Rangers but not the wider live sports coverage. Cannot watch games on tv with no fans so it’s going to be very interesting when we’re playing. I do remember the Inter game was pish with no atmosphere

No. It has been a welcome relief to avoid the heartbreak we have went through in recent years.

On a serious note, yes.

Can't wait to get back to Ibrox.

Was initially but now completely disillusioned with our Board particularly after this latest reconstruction p!sh and wondering why we should be continually taken for granted.

This Shut up and give us your money attitude is beginning to grate on me.

Iv been playing football games just to get my fill. I did any way buy way much more now.

Weekends were planned around watching our games so its been a shock to the system a bit. Could say the same about being off work though.

At first I was coping, but as time goes on I’m slowly starting to feel like I need some kind of distraction that I’m passionate about. Going for a run or whatever is nice for a while, but when we play, as well as the game itself we always have talking points etc

I do not think I can make it another two months. Summer breaks always suck balls but 5 months is not bearable(see what i did there.) Between dealing with work, kids, family Rangers are the think that make it all worth while.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?
I don’t think it will be two months, I think we might have a couple of pre season friendlies on RTV in July.

Big time travel long way to go every home game miss seeing family bevy and us all going Ibrox.

Not missing it all - am more bothered about my job, pay, feeding my family and my parents health.

Hard to give a fùck about anything else these days.

I've adapted to life without watching football surprisingly easily, considering how much time i was spending going to games and watching on tv. I really miss playing though, and if given the choice would have my regular 5s games back before watching Rangers. I do miss meeting my brother and son for a pint before a game,going to the game then chewing it over in a cosy pub afterwards. The season was falling apart for us though when it stopped. And difficult to work up enthusiasm for the new one when we won't be able to go to the games, initially at least.

Missing watching us , missing playing football , missed having the masters to watch in April , now going to miss out on watching the euros. The sooner this is over the better.

To be honest I expect this time of year to be without watching Rangers so it hasn’t really hit me yet. The whole SPFL vote fiasco somehow kept me connected to the club.

However, I do miss football in general. MLS would normal be running right now and be something to occupy my mind when Europe is in off season.

I really miss having nothing to watch

Haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would, haven’t even bothered to watch the German football, just not bothered about it

I’m missing it not missing how much it affects my day to day life when we lose. Miss seeing boys from my bus and others I’ve met through years also. Get it back

Help each other, the signing tonight got me buzzing. The riots, racism, covid, money, work, not seeing my GF or family has got me down at some point every day for 3 months. Rangers has been a constant of positivity, more than a club!

Back