Is anyone not embarassed at our board asking for cv's?

While I get what you mean...I'd rather they got the appointment spot on and if that means encouraging CV's then so be it.

I'm sure we wouldn't be embarrassed if the new manager bags us another league title.

Who decides its best to do this?

Stewart Robertson would be my guess as its probably what they done at Motherwell

Nope, I'm embarrassed by the result of Saturday, at home to Kilmarnock, at Thistle vs ten men.

The team is in an awful state just now and we need to be thorough in our search.

The next year is going to be the first time in nearly twenty years we have our proper revenue back without it being ring-fenced for something else and we need a proper custodian at the helm. If that means reviewing every available option, including those we might not have expected, then I'm all for it.

The amateurism off the park is just one embarrassment after another.

Rangers F.C. are asking people to send in a cv to apply to be our manager. It’s feckin laughable.

No, not at all. Its the most important job in the club. If you cant be arsed putting together a CV to apply to be the manager of our great club then u can do one imo.

However, nobody that we would genuinely be delighted with will actually apply for the job.

It'll just be your Poyets/Sherwoods.

Out of work average joes.

No I'm not
Everybody on here having a different choice of manager
Let's see who is available

Exactly, hardly two people on here agree on who is best for the job so no matter who the board choose they are on a hiding to nothing.

I'd rather they were thorough in their search.

If we are indeed asking for CV's, the board are further from the reality of our situation than I ever gave them credit for.
One can only suggest it is some sort of stalling tactic, for one reason or another that we are not aware of..........

If they as a board don't know what we need now.........they'll never know.

If we are indeed asking for CV's, the board are further from the reality of our situation than I ever gave them credit for.
One can only suggest it is some sort of stalling tactic, for one reason or another that we are not aware of..........

If they as a board don't know what we need now.........they'll never know.
Knowing what you need and getting it can be miles apart

You don’t ask, you don’t get ... simple.

My employer has my CV, I don’t walk into work everyday with a riddy

Knowing what you need and getting it can be miles apart

Understand the point you are making, but if we are asking for CV's............for the position of Manager........sorry mate, that's a new low.

If the board as they are have any genuine aspirations of restoring us to our rightful position..........this is not a position they should be in.................unless as said, there are reasons we don't know.

No, not at all. Its the most important job in the club. If you cant be arsed putting together a CV to apply to be the manager of our great club then u can do one imo.

It’s for a manager of a football club! One of the most public jobs there is.

Not some IT managers position.

A forward thinking club will know the sort of manager they want to go after and who fits their criteria.

I’m pretty sure the likes of Mourinho didn’t have to put together a PowerPoint presentation at their interviews.

It’s for a manager of a football club! One of the most public jobs there is.

Not some IT managers position.

A forward thinking club will know the sort of manager they want to go after and who fits their criteria.

I’m pretty sure the likes of Mourinho didn’t have to put together a PowerPoint presentation at their interviews.
Who would you bring in

Why would anyone be embarrassed? Seems pretty standard to me.

Some are just grasping at stuff in order to start threads.

I'm not embarrassed, just genuinely worried that we are waiting on an applicant rather than having genuine targets to improve to the levels required.

Rudderless ship springs to mind.

I'm not embarrassed, just genuinely worried that we are waiting on an applicant rather than having genuine targets to improve to the levels required.

Rudderless ship springs to mind.

The genuine targets may not interested, hence the wait (and hope) of a manager coming forward. I'd be curious to know how, for example, Huddersfield appointed Wagner or Hull decided on Silva.

With respect Robert, it's not for messageboards, twitter polls or fans to decide.

We have a board...............if they need CV's for the position of Manager of our club, we are in f#@king trouble.
It's all about opinions, I'm old fashioned, I would choose between Derek McInnes, Eck And Stuart McCall

Who would you bring in

Unless I knew the money available how could you answer that . I could name several names and all you would get told is we can’t afford him.

Right now with what are facing I’d like Allardyce who I believe would stop us being bullied both on and off the park .
I also reckon we would be ready to go toe to toe with that mob and not look petrified every time we met them.

But as I’ve said I don’t know if we could afford to bring him in however the £7m we have contracted ourselves to in signing and wages for Pena probably hasn’t helped with that.

Unless I knew the money available how could you answer that . I could name several names and all you would get told is we can’t afford him.

Right now with what are facing I’d like Allardyce who I believe would stop us being bullied both on and off the park .
I also reckon we would be ready to go toe to toe with that mob and not look petrified every time we met them.

But as I’ve said I don’t know if we could afford to bring him in however the £7m we have contracted ourselves to in signing and wages for Pena probably hasn’t helped with that.
What's the attraction with a guy that has won nothing?

The genuine targets may not interested, hence the wait (and hope) of a manager coming forward. I'd be curious to know how, for example, Huddersfield appointed Wagner or Hull decided on Silva.

One already in employment that needs to resign rather than being bought?
(That's what I think you're meaning).

Is that our level now?

The answer is 150 miles up the road at Aberdeen the next 12-18 months should be too bring stability back to the Club win football matches on a consistent basis we can’t even prepare for a crack at Celtic until we can beat Aberdeen and the rest bring McInnes in and achieve your short term aim

One already in employment that needs to resign rather than being bought?
(That's what I think you're meaning).

Is that our level now?

Unfortunately our attraction is not very high at the moment. That's the reality as painful as it is. The Board aren't enthusiastic about the obvious candidates and are hoping someone presents themselves. I fear this is the case.

As an aside, what do you think the process of appointing a manager is at other clubs? And I'm not talking about one of the top EPL sides. It's a genuine question given the embarrassment some seem to have over expecting applications to come in.

I don' get the link between letting people show interest in the job and being embarrassed.

It will be a case of the manager's agent sending a letter/email to the board stating their interest. I doubt they will be typing up their A Level results and listing what badges they got in the Boys Brigade.

It's all about opinions, I'm old fashioned, I would choose between Derek McInnes, Eck And Stuart McCall

I would see all 3 of those guys as short term, brought in to steady the ship, they all know what is required and know our club, I don't think any are long term...........but that's just my opinion.

We need the board to steady the ship and take us forward.
We need an appointment we all buy into and all allow to build.

I'm not trying to have a go at the board, but they campaigned to be in the positions they are, it's beyond time to deliver now. I'm more than willing to back a new manager through poor if we know we have light at the end of the tunnel.............but we need to be moving forward, not going round in circles.

If they need external investment, go get it, if they don't.............deliver.

Unfortunately our attraction is not very high at the moment. That's the reality as painful as it is. The Board aren't enthusiastic about the obvious candidates and are hoping someone presents themselves. I fear this is the case.

As an aside, what do you think the process of appointing a manager is at other clubs? And I'm not talking about one of the top EPL sides. It's a genuine question given the embarrassment some seem to have over expecting applications to come in.

The process? I think for most 'established' clubs.......it's a case of know what you are getting.
Clubs with less to lose will take a gamble on a prospect from other countries with a building reputation.

Right now, we are not in a position to 'blood' a new inexperienced manager, we need to challenge.

What's the attraction with a guy that has won nothing?

I’ve already pointed out what I think he would bring to the club.

Wether or not that brings success no one knows.

I also think he would galvanise the support who are all over the place the now on all things from players to future managers and even the board.

I also think he would galvanise the support who are all over the place the now on all things from players to future managers and even the board.

Who’s paying his £2.5 million a year salary ?

What makes you think a lot of our fans want him
After Saturdays game,his name never came up once

*Copied from my post on another thread more relevant to this*

Does anybody else feel that the lack of movement is now feeling like lack of leadership/indecisive. Not slamming the board but feel this could have been dealt with better and in a better time frame.

I fully understand the take your time and get the right appointment method but 3 weeks in football terms is a very long turn around in terms of a managerial appointment. Especially considering we were at a stage where it was coming.

I would like to have seen the board (along with DOF) having a shortlist pre-made of their candidates. And pretty much headhunting them, its a far more aggressive approach but you target the guys you think could handle the job.

Going down the application route which seems to be the way its went, yeah you get more candidates but you get so many sub-standard appointments. You might get a surprise or two but if they were interested they'd find a way of getting in contact.

Probably just more annoyed about this tonight than I should be :eek:

*Copied from my post on another thread more relevant to this*

Does anybody else feel that the lack of movement is now feeling like lack of leadership/indecisive. Not slamming the board but feel this could have been dealt with better and in a better time frame.

I fully understand the take your time and get the right appointment method but 3 weeks in football terms is a very long turn around in terms of a managerial appointment. Especially considering we were at a stage where it was coming.

I would like to have seen the board (along with DOF) having a shortlist pre-made of their candidates. And pretty much headhunting them, its a far more aggressive approach but you target the guys you think could handle the job.

Going down the application route which seems to be the way its went, yeah you get more candidates but you get so many sub-standard appointments. You might get a surprise or two but if they were interested they'd find a way of getting in contact.

Probably just more annoyed about this tonight than I should be :eek:

At the time of sacking Pedro.............there should have been a plan A, B and C in place.

There appears to have been none.

Murty was the time buyer given the games ahead at that point...........they should have seen this coming, we could..........

Back