Is Arfield away with Canada this week?

Fair play to the guy for wanting to represent his country and I'd never hold it against him and I'm quite sure we have a strong enough squad to cope if he needs time to recover.
His only issue with the squad we have just now is will he get his jersey back if his replacement plays a blinder in his absence?
Them's the benefits and drawbacks of Club v Country!

If home on Thursday it gives him 3 days before hearts , I’m hoping that he got a week off there before going over to Canada

Would be very suprised if he didn't mate.

He'd a few days break before he joined up with Canada squad.

Him, Davis and Jack absolutely destroyed the Aberdeen midfield and I'm pretty sure Gerrard will go with them again, if possible.
Any update on Jack mate? He's been the most impressive of our midfielders this season imo,very consistent and impressively so.

Any update on Jack mate? He's been the most impressive of our midfielders this season imo,very consistent and impressively so.

Not heard anything @cav.

Hopefully an early update this week.

Agreed, he's been absolutely outstanding this season.

Reactions: cav
His performances, by and large, this season have been decent, but have just lacked the incisiveness that characterised his end to last season. No coincidence that he wasn't travelling to Canada during that latter period.

The summer has taken its toll on him - you could see he was way off it by the end of the opening burst of games in the season (Legia Warsaw home game as well as the OF spring to mind). He didn't go away with Canada in September and that helped him a bit, but I worry we won't see the best of him until later in the season.

It's not just the travel, he needs a break as his form isn't what it was. Very rarely does Gerrard rest him as he is one of his trusted players this means he isn't getting a rest at all.

I'm in the "wish he would chuck Canada" camp

He’s probably been resting up in Canada since the break started. I doubt he’s flying there Tuesday, playing Wednesday, home Thursday. He also missed their last fixture I think?

Fair play to the guy for wanting to represent his country and I'd never hold it against him and I'm quite sure we have a strong enough squad to cope if he needs time to recover.
His only issue with the squad we have just now is will he get his jersey back if his replacement plays a blinder in his absence?
Them's the benefits and drawbacks of Club v Country!
He's as Canadian as mcgeady was irish :)

Arfield has been poor this season by his standards, hope he finds top form soon.

He made Canada tick during their games in the summer, so he will be vital for them.

We will be missing him and Joe Aribo this coming sunday.

These omissions are vital to our league campaign.

Aribo & Arfield are vital players & we are going to Tynecastle without them.

Real bummer :mad:

Scott will be available for selection on Sunday. Whether Gerrard uses him or not is another matter.

He’s an important player to us Livi & I just hope these international matches don’t come back to cost us because of unavailability or lack of edge due to international games taking their edge away, as it’s done to Arfield to an extent already this season.

It's 7 hours Toronto to Glasgow.Not long at all.

It’s a 7 hour flight in the wrong direction. Long haul west to east is a lost night’s sleep, even in 1st class.

I’d say bench on the weekend (for emergency use only) maybe rested completely.

It’s a 90 minute match and then a 7 hour flight home probably in first class. It’s hardly a gruelling trek. Sometimes a dip in form and people look for something to blame , players do these journeys all the time , I’d be surprised if he doesn’t play a part on Sunday.

To be honest, he makes Canada tick, so while I understand that we want him do the same for Rangers, as fresh as possible. Canada needs him too, if we can beat the Yanks it'll be a massive step in the right direction for us.

I'll go for 2 goals for Canada and 2 assists for Rangers, makes everyone happy.

It's 7 hours Toronto to Glasgow.Not long at all.
Not sure it’s only the actual travel time that’s the problem here but the jet lag as well.
I’m guessing his game is this evening local time, ending around 2200, 1700 BST.
Seven hour flight back to the U.K. tomorrow will mean his body clock will, at midnight tomorrow, still be at 1900.
Will he adjust over two days, getting the necessary sleep and rest?
Knocks me out for days, this journey.

Back