Is Arfield away with Canada this week?

Not sure it’s only the actual travel time that’s the problem here but the jet lag as well.
I’m guessing his game is this evening local time, ending around 2200, 1700 BST.
Seven hour flight back to the U.K. tomorrow will mean his body clock will, at midnight tomorrow, still be at 1900.
Will he adjust over two days, getting the necessary sleep and rest?
Knocks me out for days, this journey.
Exactly, it’s the jet lag that’s the issue. And it’s likely he wasn’t able to travel home last night so will be travelling home today at some point.

I think we've made far too much of Arfield's form this season.

He's a player who isn't the most consistent in terms of what he does with the ball. He was the same last season as well, and has been pretty much all of his career. He's got loads of game intelligence, presses really well, and makes us a better team. If he was as good as we demand, he'd still be playing in England.

In a season of 20 matches where only 4 haven't been won and we've scored over 50 goals so far, the consensus among fans seems to be that Arfield, Tavernier, Ojo, Aribo, Goldson and Kamara aren't performing as well as they should, that left back was a major problem until recently, and that the manager is getting it wrong at centre half in terms of rotation too often.

Easy to see why we aren't the most patient as a fanbase, but I reckon there's a lot of unfair barometers applied in terms of measuring performances.

He's a player who isn't the most consistent in terms of what he does with the ball. He was the same last season as well, and has been pretty much all of his career. He's got loads of game intelligence, presses really well, and makes us a better team. If he was as good as we demand, he'd still be playing in England.

In a season of 20 matches where only 4 haven't been won and we've scored over 50 goals so far, the consensus among fans seems to be that Arfield, Tavernier, Ojo, Aribo, Goldson and Kamara aren't performing as well as they should, that left back was a major problem until recently, and that the manager is getting it wrong at centre half in terms of rotation too often.

Easy to see why we aren't the most patient as a fanbase, but I reckon there's a lot of unfair barometers applied in terms of measuring performances.

Arfield was in Gerrard's list of players he feels he can always "trust" never to hide and always give their all, along with McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Jack, Davis and Morelos.

That's all that really matters to Arfield, I'd imagine.

He started the season slowly, by his own high standards, but has looked much more like his old self with his performances in the dismantling of Aberdeen and Hamilton.

In Gerrard's eyes, he's a massive player for us.

A real captain’s performance from Arfield. Set up the winner and made a huge stop in the first half that prevented the US taking the lead. He was back and forward the whole game, defending when needed, and driving his side forward against the Americans. A strong contender for MOTM (although it went to Alphonso Davies). He’ll either be totally knackered or high on elation after Canada beat their biggest rivals for the first time over thirty years. However, he was certainly up for that game

Not sure it’s only the actual travel time that’s the problem here but the jet lag as well.
Seven hour flight back to the U.K. tomorrow will mean his body clock will, at midnight tomorrow, still be at 1900.
I’m the same, jet lag kills me for days, although he will be in first class with a proper bed to sleep in I would imagine rather than cattle class where my company put me!

I see a bit of Kevin Thomson in Arfield.
Not in his tackling or passing but in what he’s doing off the ball, making sure the opposition don’t get all their own way.

Hopefully he's been putting in some shooting training/practice - which doesn't resemble a pass back. Has been extremely weak in this area.

I travel Texas to the U.K and India frequently. For me it depends if I can lie down and sleep. I get the occasional upgrade to business and in that class it’s not that big a deal to the U.K. India is a different story as it’s literally half way around the world.

I’d imagine this scenario is different for everyone and there are a few factors such as age, physical condition, etc. For me, in a business / first class seat to the U.K , I feel decent after the second day. For him, it might be next day ?

Back