Is criticism of everything Rangers just now proportionate !

I can give you one right away. We played lovely football under dick advocate, but all that went out the window when o'neil came in and got the better of us, with hardly free flowing football,which was the beginning of the end for that era.
Only one ?

This club is steeped in history, mostly brilliant, but some bad, and some tragic. The expectation is always excellence: pride for the privilege of wearing the shirt, the fundamental requirement for total commitment of effort, and the opportunity to live long hereafter in the annals of such a great club. If effort is lacking, and it was certainly in short supply against Liverpool, it is incumbent on the fans, without whom this game is nothing, to call it like they see it.

Only one ?
There's been plenty like that. It's just one example which I used because it is close to home.

Arsenal were a great team to watch with their entertaining football, but man utd got the better of them at home and in europe.

Over the last couple of weeks everything related to Rangers has been scrutinised and mainly absolutely battered
Items ranging from the board Ross Wilson My Gers Gio and individually players
Off the top of my head threads attracting condemnation of McLaughlin McGregor Tav Goldson Davies (for being injured) Souttar (same)Helander (same) Roofe (same)Barisic
Feck I could go through the entire squad virtually
Every signing that cost money initially was revered especially Yilmaz and even now want Barisic replaced by him but on what we’ve seen not ready to become an immediate replacement
Colak was a dud and doesn’t contribute
If you look where we are now from not that long ago we’re miles in advance of that
Look at our CL group Liverpool one of the best 2 teams in England for years and recent winners of CL.Napoli top of Seria A and playing incredibly well presently.Ajax regularly qualify from their CL group so always gonna be an uphill task and look at comparative budgets
I think our European experience last year has heightened expectations but it’s only in the last few years we’ve made Europe!
Ok against Liverpool incredibly negative but did Walter Smith not regularly do that in Europe
Domestically we’re 2 points off the top and I agree not playing particularly well and inconsistent
We’re trying to integrate quite a few players into the squad and I feel we’re paying the penalty for a previous couple of years lack of investment (for good reason)

I know my thread is bound to attract many more detractors than supporters but I think occasionally we need to take a step back and the threads are disproportionate but football is not always success success and more success
Always has been and always will be!
It is not proportionate but criticism of a football team never is. However, it is human to dislike and criticize your team's showing as long as it doesn't lead to physical or mental problems. so, football is an escape valve for lots of folks dissatisfied with their present environment.

I think I am looking more at the bigger picture, our signings since January, our performances, our really awful defeats against Celtic, our performances this season.

Yes this champions league group was always going to be difficult but 3rd place was viable but our performances against Liverpool and Ajax have been awful and that is not just because they have better players. Its because of our fitness, our setup, our selections and our lack of effort in the game.
At least your criticism is reasoned. Most of it is just arseholes farting in the wind.

I disagree because I think it's because they've got better players that it looks like we're not as fit, not as well setup and lack effort. Great players move the ball faster than good players can run, and the fact they can play through tight spaces make your setup look slack.

The selections you can never judge with any confidence because the only one examined is the manager's.

For example Gio is getting slaughtered for Tilman wide right but there will have been a reason for it - probably not dissimilar to the reason Walter used to play Jig wide left in the CL. Out ball on the diagonal to a big guy marked by a full back who he can beat in the air with a chance to get us up the park plus he could win some balls at the far post. Might have worked but we didn't get in a position to test it by playing the cross.

Is FF all of a sudden saying they wanted Matondo (already written off after about 3 games), Scott Wright (already written off - not Rangers class), Arfield (already written off, passed it)? Now apparently Sakala has been out the team long enough that he's the consensus pick of the "GIo's an idiot and we need another reason to blame him even if it's the exact opposite of what we said last week" crowd.

We still won it what is your point now yer wanting cunts sacked for still getting 3 points but just no as fancy as you want it to be. Who gives a %^*& how much the mentally challengeds put past them.

Settling for mediocrity? What do you want Messi? Neymar? 7 goals a game?
Some wanted the CL money spent the night we qualified. Salha ,van dyke and Trent would have been my choice. Weaken the opposition and all that. Raging!

There were quite a few who wanted the whole back room staff, from the medical team right down to the nutritionist, sacked because Lawrence pulled something in training.

Then it’s justified by “I’m entitled to my opinion “.
No one is denying anyone an opinion, but when it’s considered garbage and gets outed as such they pull a tantrum and start the abuse, all let go by admin.

It’s getting more tedious every day.

Yes there are moaners. Some are crackpots, others have genuine concerns and have high standards. Nothing wrong with that.

It could be flipped and some could be accused of being happy clappers, yes men and turd polishers who accept everything and anything the club says and does.

The club doesn't get everything right and at times deserve to be told but at times they get things spot on and deserve credit.

Some wanted the CL money spent the night we qualified. Salha ,van dyke and Trent would have been my choice. Weaken the opposition and all that. Raging!

There were quite a few who wanted the whole back room staff, from the medical team right down to the nutritionist, sacked because Lawrence pulled something in training.

Then it’s justified by “I’m entitled to my opinion “.
No one is denying anyone an opinion, but when it’s considered garbage and gets outed as such they pull a tantrum and start the abuse, all let go by admin.

It’s getting more tedious every day.
The only folk that lap this shit up are pessimists and poets. Now if we were 7 behind I'd be worrying. We haven't even found form yet imo. If we listened to follow follow we'd absolutely be like fucking Watford.

Over the last couple of weeks everything related to Rangers has been scrutinised and mainly absolutely battered
Off the top of my head threads attracting condemnation of McLaughlin McGregor Tav Goldson Davies (for being injured) Souttar (same)Helander (same) Roofe (same)Barisic
Every signing that cost money initially was revered especially Yilmaz and even now want Barisic replaced by him but on what we’ve seen not ready to become an immediate replacement
If you look where we are now from not that long ago we’re miles in advance of that
Look at our CL group Liverpool one of the best 2 teams in England for years and recent winners of CL.Napoli top of Seria A and playing incredibly well presently.Ajax regularly qualify from their CL group so always gonna be an uphill task and look at comparative budgets
I think our European experience last year has heightened expectations but it’s only in the last few years we’ve made Europe!
Ok against Liverpool incredibly negative but did Walter Smith not regularly do that in Europe
Domestically we’re 2 points off the top and I agree not playing particularly well and inconsistent
We’re trying to integrate quite a few players into the squad and I feel we’re paying the penalty for a previous couple of years lack of investment (for good reason)

I know my thread is bound to attract many more detractors than supporters but I think occasionally we need to take a step back and the threads are disproportionate but football is not always success success and more success
You are correct Walter got slagged for getting hammered in the mid nineties then same with the defensive teams in his second spell.

There's been plenty like that. It's just one example which I used because it is close to home.

Arsenal were a great team to watch with their entertaining football, but man utd got the better of them at home and in europe.
Go away .

You are correct Walter got slagged for getting hammered in the mid nineties then same with the defensive teams in his second spell.
Walter 2nd time round didn't get much grief on here.

He turned a shambles round and won stuff with not huge amount of funds

First time round some folk moaned re dismal European performances and going to 3 centre backs but before social media thankfully. Many lhad few or no gripes re Walter

Or at least this is how I remember it :)

If things were better on the park there would be far less noise about matters off if

Replace the 1st Team management is priority number one
Perfect example of what the OP is talking about. Current team management have
Won the Scottish Cup
Taken us to the EL Final
Given us CL football

We’re 2 points behind in the league, long way to go.

…. and you are still moaning.

Some of it is justified some less so. It's the swings in opinion that get me. As you said - Colak was a dud now he's our best striker. After winning 2 very tough CL qualifiers most on here wanted to pay the £10m for Tillman there and then. Now we want to cut his loan. 2 weeks ago Matondo was getting hounded out the door, now we want him to replace Kent. The same Kent who we thought had found his mojo again on Saturday!
Let's try and be patient, keep winning, domestically at least, and regroup after World Cup.
So true, we're a fickle bunch

Gerrard, with his team, could not progress beyond the round of 16 in the Europa League or beyond the 3rd qualifying round of the UCL.

Gio not only got beyond the round of 16 of the Europa League but all the way to the final. He also not only got us beyond the 3rd qualifying round of the UCL but even got us passed the next round and into the Champions league group stages.

Gio has not only progressed Gerrard's team beyond rounds Gerrard couldn't, he's also taken his team beyond rounds in the UCL this season that Gerarrd couldn't with his own team last season.

Again mate, your 'opinion' doesn't quite stand up to cold hard facts.

Agree REM.

I’m having frustrations with GVB too, more domestically, but to suggest he hasn’t improved on Gerrard domestically is pretty astonishing.

Debate is good, biased bullshit & unfair attacks aren’t.

Agree REM.

I’m having frustrations with GVB too, more domestically, but to suggest he hasn’t improved on Gerrard domestically is pretty astonishing.

I've added this elsewhere but its worth noting.
In 3 home games this season and 270 minutes of football there was a total of one shot on target by the opposition.
270 minutes of the opposition parked in their own half.
In return we have had two 4 nil victories and scored 10 goals.Someones trying to play football.Unless we are at the stage that winning 4 nil isn't really good enough ?
Seige warfare isn't pretty.
This factors being ignored imo.

This is the first post I've commented on in this forum for months. Been sick of the constant negativity that has been posted every day.

Yours is a very fair balanced post. Agree with everything you say. Everything is either sugar or shite no in between.

In 3 home games this season and 270 minutes of football there was a total of one shot on target by the opposition.
In return we have had two 4 nil victories and scored 10 goals.Someones trying to play football.Unless we are at the stage that winning 4 nil isn't really good enough ?

I did notice your post BBAB & agree mate.

My biggest frustration was that we didn’t at least get a couple of loan players, if not buys, to deepen our pool, especially with all of the injuries.

I also see why people are frustrated with us being too cautious at times, and in the Celtic & Ajax matches, too timid to be honest.

We absolutely must improve to win trophies this season, but our enemy are starting to creek now that they’re playing two games a week, and we need to get together & support our team.

For all of GVB frustrations many of us have, we do have a few serial losers that he’s inherited.

I’d give him the season to sort the team.

Agree REM.

Not often I disagree mate but GVB has managed us in several utter humiliations, two at Celtic. Gerrards team never got humiliated by that lot and any loss is Europe was narrow under him but yes we have moved up in class but look out our depth.

Would Gerrards team have progressed in Europe last season? Who knows. Seems all wasn't right and Gerrard wanted out. Gio came in and did well in Europe with SGs team, fair play re that and winning the Cup. We were several points ahead in league and blew that somewhat meekly and shambolicly. The board may have to take some blame if Gerrard had been promised funds to upgrade and then didn't deliver.

This season despite making the CL which Gerrard failed to do, we've looked a shadow of what we did last season under both Gerrard and Gio. We still have a shot at 3 trophies but have looked disjointed, sluggish, disinterested and a bit all over the shop in many games (not all). But why is that? Is it the manager, the players, coaches, fitness, attitude or what?

There is no consistency at all.

Is it as bad as some make out on the pitch? Probably not. Is it perfect and does it look like the team are all on the same page? No, far from it.

Not sure why but I don't believe all is rosy in the garden in terms of the team / manager.

I'll leave the recruitment and any off field, marketing etc off :)

And as for people saying it's either all sugar or all shite, I disagree also. There are several balanced posters who call it as they see it and are fair with praise and criticism.

There are some lunatics that complain after 4 0 wins yet others who think there is nothing wrong at Rangers and the team is great and fans treated well when there is lots that needs improving.

I did notice your post BBAB & agree mate.

My biggest frustration was that we didn’t at least get a couple of loan players, if not buys, to deepen our pool, especially with all of the injuries.

I also see why people are frustrated with us being too cautious at times, and in the Celtic & Ajax matches, too timid to be honest.

We absolutely must improve to win trophies this season, but our enemy are starting to creek now that they’re playing two games a week, and we need to get together & support our team.

For all of GVB frustrations many of us have, we do have a few serial losers that he’s inherited.

I’d give him the season to sort the team.
Agree with all you say.
There are lots of issues failures to buy players in key areas , lack of quality in the squad that allows rotation, undeniable tenancy to fall apart in certain key games in fact they are spineless at times etc etc.
If we are looking for balance in this then we also can't ignore other factors such as GVB inheriting a team that the vice captain said had lost hunger.
Despite all this we are two points behind a team that's been beat once in a year.
It takes your opposition to drop points to win a league.The bubble will burst for them at some point.

It only heightened the expectations of those who saw getting to Seville as the be all and end all and treating it as their personal Holy Grail.

If we won, it was a game changer in terms of how I think (my opinion) we might have went forward.

We lost!

And just look at the smug remarks when Motherwell and Dundee Utd were getting stiffed in Europe. It was as if we were somehow near joining the upper strata. The CL has sure shattered those illusions.

On the park, if we are slow in actual movement. We seem even slower in thought.

There are now two distinct camps however. Gio out and Gio must stay. That argument is the backdrop to how the rest of the season on here will pan out.

My view is straightforward. The manager simply cannot be judged on Europe. No one with an ounce of common sense can realistically use Liverpool, Napoli and Ajax as a barometer of where we should be. He should be judged on what is happening domestically.

Again some people will point to the fact we're only two points behind the filth who are now playing two games a week and so on.

The botttom line is our domestic form by and large has been appalling and the result at Tynecastle, which was as delightful as it was unexpected, doesn't change that.

Agree with all you say.
There are lots of issues failures to buy players in key areas , lack of quality in the squad that allows rotation, undeniable tenancy to fall apart in certain key games in fact they are spineless at times etc etc.
If we are looking for balance in this then we also can't ignore other factors such as GVB inheriting a team that the vice captain said had lost hunger.
Despite all this we are two points behind a team that's been beat once in a year.
It takes your opposition to drop points to win a league.The bubble will burst for them at some point.

Yes, I’ve always thought, over the years, when a big long unbeaten run ends, teams don’t just lose one game then get back to winning every week, and hopefully they come back to reality domestically.

Not often I disagree mate but GVB has managed us in several utter humiliations, two at Celtic. Gerrards team never got humiliated by that lot and any loss is Europe was narrow under him but yes we have moved up in class but look out our depth.

Would Gerrards team have progressed in Europe last season? Who knows. Seems all wasn't right and Gerrard wanted out. Gio came in and did well in Europe with SGs team, fair play re that and winning the Cup. We were several points ahead in league and blew that somewhat meekly and shambolicly. The board may have to take some blame if Gerrard had been promised funds to upgrade and then didn't deliver.

This season despite making the CL which Gerrard failed to do, we've looked a shadow of what we did last season under both Gerrard and Gio. We still have a shot at 3 trophies but have looked disjointed, sluggish, disinterested and a bit all over the shop in many games (not all). But why is that? Is it the manager, the players, coaches, fitness, attitude or what?

There is no consistency at all.

Is it as bad as some make out on the pitch? Probably not. Is it perfect and does it look like the team are all on the same page? No, far from it.

Not sure why but I don't believe all is rosy in the garden in terms of the team / manager.

I'll leave the recruitment and any off field, marketing etc off :)

And as for people saying it's either all sugar or all shite, I disagree also. There are several balanced posters who call it as they see it and are fair with praise and criticism.

There are some lunatics that complain after 4 0 wins yet others who think there is nothing wrong at Rangers and the team is great and fans treated well when there is lots that needs improving.

Sorry PP, I just read my post, and I screwed up.

I meant in Europe Gio improved on Gerrard, and I do think his tactical tinkering on such as Dortmund & Braga won us the ties. Examples, the use of Lundstram & Aribo stick out.

I meant to say I’m having my doubts domestically, as we at times can be pedestrian, eg Dundee Utd. It sounds like you agree on that.

I just think the biggest factor this season is lack of investment in the midfield. We really needed fresh legs & a player or two who would add energy pace & quality. Instead we are way too reliant on our older guys. Of course, we still have the problem on the wide right too.

Edit. The two heavy losses at Parkhead were a disgrace, no doubt, especially within 6 months or so of each other. Both Gio & players mentality were at fault.

Walter 2nd time round didn't get much grief on here.

He turned a shambles round and won stuff with not huge amount of funds

First time round some folk moaned re dismal European performances and going to 3 centre backs but before social media thankfully. Many lhad few or no gripes re Walter

Or at least this is how I remember it :)
That’s almost correct.

Walter wasn’t welcomed back at all - on here at least.

Dinosaur blah, blah..

Some of the worst critics are still kicking about. But kept their head down after Manchester.

It only heightened the expectations of those who saw getting to Seville as the be all and end all and treating it as their personal Holy Grail.

If we won, it was a game changer in terms of how I think (my opinion) we might have went forward.

We lost!

And just look at the smug remarks when Motherwell and Dundee Utd were getting stiffed in Europe. It was as if we were somehow near joining the upper strata. The CL has sure shattered those illusions.

On the park, if we are slow in actual movement. We seem even slower in thought.

There are now two distinct camps however. Gio out and Gio must stay. That argument is the backdrop to how the rest of the season on here will pan out.

My view is straightforward. The manager simply cannot be judged on Europe. No one with an ounce of common sense can realistically use Liverpool, Napoli and Ajax as a barometer of where we should be. He should be judged on what is happening domestically.

Again some people will point to the fact we're only two points behind the filth who are now playing two games a week and so on.

The botttom line is our domestic form by and large has been appalling and the result at Tynecastle, which was as delightful as it was unexpected, doesn't change that.
Domestic form appalling.

We have had three 4 nil victories in 8 games.and 6 victories.
One very painful defeat and one draw playing with 9 men.

6 victories,1 defeat,1 draw.

Arsenal incidently are at the top of their league.

7 victories and 1 defeat.

They have also leaked the same amount of goals as us and have also scored the same amount of goals as us.

When it comes to form
Are Arsenal fans saying that they are having appalling form.Very similar results are they not ?

One drawn result is the difference.

Domestic form appalling.

They have also leaked the same amount of goals as us and have also scored the same amount of goals as us.

When it comes to form
Are Arsenal fans saying that they are having appalling form.Very similar results are they not ?

Another poster said it this week, but I do think
The second capitulation at Parkhead in six months has spiked Gio with the majority.

To be honest, it was horrific that night. My issue is that a big part of it was players hiding, and that wasn’t the first time for some.

Another poster said it this week, but I do think
The second capitulation at Parkhead in six months has spiked Gio with the majority.

To be honest, it was horrific that night. My issue is that a big part of it was players hiding, and that wasn’t the first time for some.
To say that the form is appalling is a gross distortion of the truth.
Absolutely I have used the word spineless on a few occasions to describe them.
Hiding and failing in the most basic aspects of the game such as passing , closing players down and moving into space is inexcusable.
There is a lot of blame to be laid at he feet of our players.
For me GVB doesn't always get it right tactically but if players can't fight against septic fc then you really have to question their commitment.

That’s almost correct.

Walter wasn’t welcomed back at all - on here at least.

Dinosaur blah, blah..

Some of the worst critics are still kicking about. But kept their head down after Manchester.
Some might have been dissenting, i can even guess some lol. He was just what we needed at the time.

I actually think he was better 2nd time round not that he was bad first time

Players are going to have off days individually and collectively, some will go through longer periods where nothing is going right. I get that! What I absolutely don’t forgive is an apparent lack of effort re:Tillman, kamara, Alfie etc. I was always told that if I didn’t come off the park blowing out my arse I didn’t work hard enough. Is that too much to ask?

I try and not get myself to caught up on the board stuff and slagging the players
But when the product on the park is pony
It’s hard to take for me

Sorry PP, I just read my post, and I screwed up.

I meant in Europe Gio improved on Gerrard, and I do think his tactical tinkering on such as Dortmund & Braga won us the ties. Examples, the use of Lundstram & Aribo stick out.

I meant to say I’m having my doubts domestically, as we at times can be pedestrian, eg Dundee Utd. It sounds like you agree on that.

I just think the biggest factor this season is lack of investment in the midfield. We really needed fresh legs & a player or two who would add energy pace & quality. Instead we are way too reliant on our older guys. Of course, we still have the problem on the wide right too.

Edit. The two heavy losses at Parkhead were a disgrace, no doubt, especially within 6 months or so of each other. Both Gio & players mentality were at fault.
I'm not buying 'tactical tinkering' v Dortmund as an example of Gio being an improvement on Gerrard.

It might be simplistic, you may disagree wholeheartedly. But for me we overcame Dortmund due to Haaland not being available against us. It is as simple as that. In the second leg it looked more likely at 2-1 down that they would grab a third, and then Tav pops up to equalise and take the wind out of their sails.

However, that's football and when it comes for you it is magic. Also, this is not to deride or decry our achievement in getting to Seville. You don't fluke your way to a European final but we rode our luck at times. I'd say the majority of our support have dismissed this as a factor.

I'm not apologising for saying it, but the notion we have a manager who can send out teams to mix it with some of the best in Europe whilst they simultaneously can't handle fecking ball boys at the cesspit simply does not compute for me.

Oh, and being fair minded if we're mentally at fault in February for what happened at the cesspit, then very, very reluctantly I'll concede the point. Last month however blows that argument out of the water.

Something is seriously wrong and the buck stops with the manager.

We also haven't conceded a single goal from open play whilst Ben Davies has been on the pitch.

Criticism is part of an emotive sport such as football and is bound to go over the top from time to time. That is more likely when there is little change and performances remain below expectations. Clubs that ignore their fans do so at their peril, something I believe is at least part of the current problem.

Players are going to have off days individually and collectively, some will go through longer periods where nothing is going right. I get that! What I absolutely don’t forgive is an apparent lack of effort re:Tillman, kamara, Alfie etc. I was always told that if I didn’t come off the park blowing out my arse I didn’t work hard enough. Is that too much to ask?
When has Alfredo not tried or are you just chucking his name in randomly to get a few likes off the Alfie lynch mob :)

Or do you mean at training that no one on here has seen?

Some might have been dissenting, i can even guess some lol. He was just what we needed at the time.

I actually think he was better 2nd time round not that he was bad first time
His second time in many ways proved how good a manager he was because he did it without access to the funds available first time around. A point many of Rangers detractors made first time around. As in Walter = Loadsamoney v the rest = buggerall

However I'll never change my point of view. With three genuine world class talents in three different areas of the park in Goram, Gazza and Laudrup we should have made a better fist of it in Europe in Walter's first stint.

To say that the form is appalling is a gross distortion of the truth.
Absolutely I have used the word spineless on a few occasions to describe them.
Hiding and failing in the most basic aspects of the game such as passing , closing players down and moving into space is inexcusable.
There is a lot of blame to be laid at he feet of our players.
For me GVB doesn't always get it right tactically but if players can't fight against septic fc then you really have to question their commitment.
It's mixed and inconsistent. The form v United was guff despite the win.

The team looks ponderous at times

We are playing dross the tims apart.

Domestic form appalling.

When it comes to form

If you are happy with what has been served up thus far then that is your right.

I happen to think differently.

As for your last point. Given the difference in calibre and quality we both face, to compare the amount of goals we have leaked compared to Arsenal's actually highlights how bad our defence really is.

Anyway, it's a goodnight from me.

I'm not buying 'tactical tinkering' v Dortmund as an example of Gio being an improvement on Gerrard.

It might be simplistic, you may disagree wholeheartedly. But for me we overcame Dortmund due to Haaland not being available against us. It is as simple as that. In the second leg it looked more likely at 2-1 down that they would grab a third, and then Tav pops up to equalise and take the wind out of their sails.

However, that's football and when it comes for you it is magic. Also, this is not to deride or decry our achievement in getting to Seville. You don't fluke your way to a European final but we rode our luck at times. I'd say the majority of our support have dismissed this as a factor.

I'm not apologising for saying it, but the notion we have a manager who can send out teams to mix it with some of the best in Europe whilst they simultaneously can't handle fecking ball boys at the cesspit simply does not compute for me.

Oh, and being fair minded if we're mentally at fault in February for what happened at the cesspit, then very, very reluctantly I'll concede the point. Last month however blows that argument out of the water.

Jesus, you must wallow in misery sir.

Whilst I actually agree with many points you make in many posts but the manager and players deserve full credit re Dortmund, Braga and Liepzig. Luck? Hard work? Better team?

We deserved to beat all three and Haland is awesome but they still had Bellingham and Haland doesn't fix their defence. Hypothetical whether we win or not if he plays.

Enjoy the memories of last seasons Euro run.

We may even have won had Alfie been fit!

If you are happy with what has been served up thus far then that is your right.

I happen to think differently.

As for your last point. Given the difference in calibre and quality we both face, to compare the amount of goals we have leaked compared to Arsenal's actually highlights how bad our defence really is.

Anyway, it's a goodnight from me.
The matter in hand is about form over 8 games not what's been served up.
If you are going to criticse be accurate.To say its appalling is completely inaccurate.
We are one draw off of joint top. A game where we reduced to 9 men.
We have almost the same form as the league leaders save one drawn game.Hardly appalling.

OK. I disagree.

I choose to credit him with it. You disagree Bud.

No point in trying to state anything else to you.

Its off the scale on FollowFollow right now and feels to me like it has been for some time. I noticed the criticism on here starting to turn into bizarre, Twitter-like abuse - and abuse is the right word to use - in the Summer after winning 55. No idea why then, but that's when it started to ramp up. Right now, on here is often intolerable.

I agree.

You almost get to the point where you don’t want to post anything positive at all because you know what the response will be.

I’ll keep my views closer to my chest until we see where we are in the new year. By that point, we’ll know much more accurately where we stand.

If we are a point ahead of the scum mid January will that mean we are brilliant again?

Far too many knee jerk and extreme views being aired on here recently.

We are there to be entertained , the tims took 9 off them.
We huffed and puffed and got the win.
Do you think we will win the league with these sort of performances.
Your settling for mediocrity.
Actually, you are there to support the team. This demand to be entertained smacks of the modern day entitlement. Yes, it would be nice if we played Pep style football, but there's no requirement on the team to entertain you - their requirement is to try and win games.

And the fact you mention the Tims at all suggests that's what's really bothering you. Just because they had an anomaly of a result against them, doesn't mean we should automatically do likewise.

Its not fantasy football we are playing. Wins are more often than not hard fought. Its why it's called competitive sport. We have no more right than any other team to win the game.

Where the manager is concerned, no.

We have a guy who in his first year in the job has taken the club to only its fifth European final, qualified for the Champions League for the first time in over a decade and won the Scottish Cup.

Anywhere else that list of achievements would be really significant and suggest a manager with something about him, but at Rangers he committed the unpardonable crime of losing the league to Celtic (suffering a couple of heavy defeats too) and that is disproportionately eclipsing his achievements in the eyes of many on here, IMO.

Where the board are concerned, yes.

They’ve been the architects of our resurgence and kept us afloat with their own hard earned cash, but they’ve begun making very questionable decisions, from the aborted Australian fiasco to the failure to back the manager further after securing CL qualification all accompanied by poor communication with the support that’s reminiscent of the Murray years.

Its off the scale on FollowFollow right now and feels to me like it has been for some time. I noticed the criticism on here starting to turn into bizarre, Twitter-like abuse - and abuse is the right word to use - in the Summer after winning 55. No idea why then, but that's when it started to ramp up. Right now, on here is often intolerable.

This sums it up for me

Im spending less and less time on here as it genuinely ruins my mood.

The modern world has made it so that everyone can just type whatever opinion or thought is in their head no matter how shite or nonsensical it is, then fight to the death over their shite post while hiding behind a fake name on the internet.

No agen
When has Alfredo not tried or are you just chucking his name in randomly to get a few likes off the Alfie lynch mob :)

Or do you mean at training that no one on here has seen?
No agenda there at all. Just my view. Alfie has improved recently but still can’t recall him coming off burst. Maybe I expect too much.

Criticism is acceptable to a point if if comes from our fans who pay for the privilege to support and expect the best.
As for all these Rangers hating clowns in the press and TV who criticise us just for the sake of it and win friends from the other fud team fans they can go and take a fekk .

Summed up nicely.

We need to realise we are bang out of our depth in this group.

Not saying we shouldn't be investing in the squad as the midfield needs addressed, but even if we'd signed a £10m player it wouldn't have made a difference.

The only embarrassing result was Ajax away.
Union SG?
There's a fog of negativity surrounding the club, from the boardroom to the SLO and all points in between.
As always the most important area is the playing squad, everything emminates from there.
Gio is a negative coach and if you're going to be negative at Ibrox you sure as he'll have to be successful at the same time.
Gio is currently successful.

Last edited:
His second time in many ways proved how good a manager he was because he did it without access to the funds available first time around. A point many of Rangers detractors made first time around. As in Walter = Loadsamoney v the rest = buggerall

However I'll never change my point of view. With three genuine world class talents in three different areas of the park in Goram, Gazza and Laudrup we should have made a better fist of it in Europe in Walter's first stint.
Was the 3 foreigner rule not an issue ?
HTF can you find 8 good Scotsmen to operate at that level ha ha

Back