Is David Holmes still living

Texasblue

With all this talk about the " Souness era " and being replicated with SG, I was wondering if Mr. Holmes is still with us.

Yip he sure is. Retired now but i think he still has some business links in property, though i could be mistaken there

“Ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce you to the new manager of Rangers Football Club....Graeme Souness!”....:)
916636.jpg-e1459683202468-900x540.jpg

It was John Paton that suggested Souness, not David Holmes.

Holmes was brought in by his boss to make the club fit for sale and, to be fair to him, he did that. The fact that it went to Murray is just one of those unfortunate things.

John Paton suggested Souness? That’s interesting as I also thought it was David Holmes like most people.

Some things never change.

I remember that clearly , a complete disgrace of a question , the mans wife standing there, Holmes gave the right answer and slapped him down , only in Scotland would you get away with asking such a personal and bigoted question on one of the biggest days of your life .

Pathetic . As someone else said , some things never change .

Even bringing him out at half time, with an almost educational montage of what he done would be a nice touch.

I don’t think many realise how important he was in putting us back on the map.

An RTV documentary about his era and/or extended interview with him could end up being an important piece of history for the club. If they were so minded and he is able and willing I'd love to see it happen.

Back