If Alfredo leaves

Because Morelos is such an integral part of our whole attacking system I think going for both might be really worth it to give teams a range of issues to stop, and these two guys would do that, for me.

Guirassy looks as if he would roast that mob in the east end.
If you can watch the highlights of Amiens 4-4 draw with PSG he ragdolled there centre backs for fun just think what he'd do to the scums back line

If anything like £20m is on the table, I’d take it.

we are far too reliant on him. When he’s not there, or off form, we are far too blunt.

I’d sell and use the money to reinvent our offensive game.
Either way, we need more goals from other areas of the team - easier said than done.
You’re rating Alfie as a 20 million pound striker (I absolutely agree, more on his day).

Our board are all big Rangers men, so if he wants to stay and they want to take a risk on success plus still being able to get that fee further down the line, then why not?

Punting him for 20 million does not guarantee replacing him never mind finding 4 players who would guarantee us the league. Just my opinion mate.

Morelos was a gem of a buy. With a fee received from him we could buy someone even more proven than he was plus take a chance on the next Morelos!

I think we’ll have him for another season, newborn child, heid screwed for that mega bucks move. If we do, it will be a very different Alfie, IMO of course.

In two minds about losing him to be honest, we played our best football last season with Defoe upfront whilst Morelos was suspended. But when he’s on form he’s the best striker in Scotland. The problem is, when he’s off form he’s like a man down.

I don’t think we’ll sell him this summer anyway, no one will want to spend the money he’s worth.

Would be very surprised if he leaves this summer, if he does it won’t be for the fee people expect given the state of things right now

I think we’ll have him for another season, newborn child, heid screwed for that mega bucks move. If we do, it will be a very different Alfie, IMO of course.

Hate to be cynical but we said the same last summer. The ban he got after the Celtic game in March had an impact on him and he looked a changed man... then in December he reverted back to type and got sent off twice (harshly in both circumstances but he got involved in things he shouldn’t have). Then you had the whole drama in February of not getting back in time for the Hearts cup game.

If anybody is buying him then they’ve a long wait - unless it’s a team in Colombia.

International flights out of Colombia have been banned until 1 Sep at the earliest. Then there’s 14 days quarantine after that. Not ideal - whether he stays or goes.

He'll be back in Scotland next month for pre-season training and after the condition he returned from the winter break in, he needs it more than most.

That sounds like a major signing. 5m is probably worth it if we get decent Morelos cash mate.

Was looking at Vydra & he’s not an out & our striker albeit he’s a very talented guy that could play off of a guy like this. Vydra only has a year left on his contract so could be great value. Could be 2m or so I’d guess.

These two sound as if they could be a game changing combination.
Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs are all interested, we may live to regret passing up on a loan with an option to buy of €5m. Around March time it was reported they would want €21.5m for him, would assume relegation means that’d be a fair bit less.

Would definitely sign Vydra Grigo if we could get him for £2m. Has that bit of finesse and calmness in front of goal that Alfie doesn’t quite posses yet although I’m hope he’ll learn it, also comfortable with the ball at his feet and dribbling at defenders.

If anybody is buying him then they’ve a long wait - unless it’s a team in Colombia.

International flights out of Colombia have been banned until 1 Sep at the earliest. Then there’s 14 days quarantine after that. Not ideal - whether he stays or goes.

It would require a mobile phone call and a lawyer in Colombia to be present as a justice of the peace (lawyer, police constable, judge etc) or a witness if you shall, to the contract being signed. He would send a copy and receipt as verification it has been signed, and thus exists. It can be couriered over in person at a later date.

iirc, this is how most Premier league contracts are handled on deadline day too.

Slightly off topic, but did the truth ever come about about the guy tampering with his car (who was it and what was he doing)?

Hate to be cynical but we said the same last summer. The ban he got after the Celtic game in March had an impact on him and he looked a changed man... then in December he reverted back to type and got sent off twice (harshly in both circumstances but he got involved in things he shouldn’t have). Then you had the whole drama in February of not getting back in time for the Hearts cup game.
His circumstances are drastically different now, though.

There's no guarantee the price we want will be there this summer.
I wouldn't even entertain talking to any club below £20m.

You’re rating Alfie as a 20 million pound striker (I absolutely agree, more on his day).

Our board are all big Rangers men, so if he wants to stay and they want to take a risk on success plus still being able to get that fee further down the line, then why not?

Punting him for 20 million does not guarantee replacing him never mind finding 4 players who would guarantee us the league. Just my opinion mate.

The board are big Rangers men, but they’re not fucking idiots.

If someone comes in with a £20m plus bid for someone we paid £1m for, he’ll quite rightly be off.

I’ve had a love/loathe relationship with Morelos. When he is on form he is unplayable and would cause any defence problems, then at times he lets his emotions get the better of him and costs us. As a team we are far to reliant on him and when he is off form the team seem to be.

When he does go I think the support will all wish him the best and remember him fondly. I always feel like he sees us as a stepping stone and that he thinks he is bigger than us, could be nonsense but just my opinion.

If we got north of 15m plus a sell on fee I’d accept and reinvest in Vydra. (I’m hoping if I keep saying it enough it will come true.)

Morelos will go on to be a top player but his card is marked in Scotland.

If someone comes in with a £20m plus bid for someone we paid £1m for, he’ll quite rightly be off.
Maybe, but if clubs are going to offer £20m in this environment, then they will still be offering that a year down the line, maybe more if he keeps improving.

It depends who, if anyone, comes in for him, and how much they offer. It would be stupid for us to sell him for a pittance. I reckon his value is 15-20 million, and if we can’t get at least 19, then we might as well keep him another year and see how things go over the next 12 months. Presuming we’re back playing by then we’re likely get as much then as we would now even if he’s near the end of his contract However, it really comeS down to, does Alfie fancy the club. I think if they need to offer one of three things; Much better wages, EPL exposure, or European football If a side can’t offer one of those he is as well staying put.

I hope he stays at least one more year and leaves with a League Winners medal. He really deserves that and so do we.

Was in the form of his life at the highest level for half a season and then nothing.
Problem with Alfie is he let us down more than once before.
Too much at stake going forward, can't be trusted.
I think he had a lot to with our collapse and i mean behind the scenes.
Just my opinion.
Hate to say it but one persons negative demeanor can affect a team and i think that's what happened* .

Like most counties, bespoke charter flights can still be arranged. It’s Colombia ffs - if the right palms are greased then getting a flight out won’t be an issue.
Exactly he might have to sit on 200kilos of Colombia’s finest for his flight out to Miami but it can happen.

I hope we do sell if truth be told

When his mind is on the game, he’s superb for us.

However, he has proven that he can’t be relied upon for a full season without getting involved in petty nonsense which results in him being sidelined.

I’m fed up with it and I know plenty others are too

His form up until December had me convinced we’d fetch £20m for him. However, due to his sending off at the piggery and his questionable attitude after that combined with his woeful form, I think we’d be lucky to get £15m for him.

For me, anything north of £10m we’d accept now

However, he has proven that he can’t be relied upon for a full season without getting involved in petty nonsense which results in him being sidelined.

His form up until December had me convinced we’d fetch £20m for him. However, due to his sending off at the piggery and his questionable attitude after that combined with his woeful form, I think we’d be lucky to get £15m for him.

Whats the point of selling him for £10m when his goals are key to 55. If we sold me, we'd need to replace him immediately. We can't lose someone who contributes that many goals.

As much as I’ve grown to love the wee man, he’s only been good for us over the first half of the last two seasons before the disciplinaries have kicked in and cost us dearly.

I’d be surprised if anyone in here didn’t expect him to be sold this summer (pre-pandemic) and I can still see one of the mid-lower EPL sides putting in a decent offer. It won’t be the 25m though

what about a private jet out. or buffalo airways.;)

Was in the form of his life at the highest level for half a season and then nothing.
Problem with Alfie is he let us down more than once before.
Too much at stake going forward, can't be trusted.
I think he had a lot to with our collapse and i mean behind the scenes.
Just my opinion.
Hate to say it but one persons negative demeanor can affect a team and i think that's what happened* .
I think that’s a bit harsh. Early on with us he made mistakes grantEd, but this year I thought he controlled things a lot better. I place absolutely no blame on him whatsoever for the way he acted at Fair Park or the Piggery. He should be protected from the sort of racist nonsense he was subjected to. Plod could and should have done far better in both cases. They were likely busy filming Rangers fans instead

I don’t mean to offend, but the last part of your post is just utter speculation based on a negative viewpoint of him. There is absolutely no evidence to back up your theory. The only thing we can say with certainty is he suffered a loss of form after 2 undeserved suspensions. I agree he looked scunnered at times, but loss of form will do that to any player.

Whats the point of selling him for £10m when his goals are key to 55. If we sold me, we'd need to replace him immediately. We can't lose someone who contributes that many goals.
His league goals can be replaced he’s hardly been banging them in domestically since he’s been here. It’s in Europe we will miss him the most.

We should sell him but I'm not sure anyone is going to buy him. Lots of clubs that might have been interested will not be wanting to spend the money right now and he's not going to be a target for the mega-rich clubs that could afford him.

Totally agree with this. No way we can go into the season with any reasonable expectation relying solely on Defoe (sorry but Kamberi and Stewart just ain’t good enough to lead the line) It would also be madness to try and bed in a new striker under current circumstances. I believe Alfie has at least 18 months left on his contract, and given we are unlikely to get anything close to his true value this summer we might as well keep him for next season in the hope that the transfer market rebounds. Even with only 6 months left on his contract he would bring in as much as he would now, and if he has another great year for us, who knows how much he’d fetch. As it could also be the difference in us winning the title or not, its worth the risk

We should certainly not sell him for under 10 million.

Totally agree with this. No way we can go into the season with any reasonable expectation relying solely on Defoe (sorry but Kamberi and Stewart just ain’t good enough to lead the line) It would also be madness to try and bed in a new striker under current circumstances. I believe Alfie has at least 18 months left on his contract, and given we are unlikely to get anything close to his true value this summer we might as well keep him for next season in the hope that the transfer market rebounds. Even with only 6 months left on his contract he would bring in as much as he would now, and if he has another great year for us, who knows how much he’d fetch. As it could also be the difference in us winning the title or not, its worth the risk

We should certainly not sell him for under 10 million.
The thought of Defoe playing 30+ games next season terrifies me tbh. We can only play one style with him and if we are under pressure we can’t expect him to hold up, if he had to stay I’d have preferred it was on a player/coach deal as he’s on too large a wage, if the reports of him being on 15k a week, for third choice, resources could’ve been spent better imo.

Unless we have players ready to come in and replace him I could still see us reluctant to sell.

Biggest problem with Morelos is everything we do good, comes through him, there is very few others who contribute in terms goals for the team, we don't get enough from midfield, so when we struggle it's him that carries a lot of.

Yes discipline etc comes into play but in terms of what happens on the park he carries the load massively and over a season we need more than just him.

We need more goals from all over the park.

Due to the current climate mate i doubt very much we will get anywhere near that amount.

If I were to be honest, and I say it with regret, but I think it would be best for Rangers to cash in on Morelos. On his day he is the SPL's best striker by a country mile, and it is no doubt because of this that he is made a target by the thugs and hammer throwers he has to play against each week. They are all too aware of his questionable temperament and are under instructions from the bench to deliberately goad him, with view to getting the referee to book or send him off. Given the incompetence, corruption, and anti-Rangers bias that exists amongst most of the SPL's referees, they are all too happy to oblige.

As a consequence, Morelos spends an undue amount of time serving suspensions - and therefore is not available to help the team at key moments. This situation will not change - Morelos will not and probably cannot change who he is. Therefore, I think we should cash in now, look around for a suitable replacement who hopefully will get us the goals we need, but without the baggage that Morelos brings. Selling him at this juncture would, IMO, be best for the club and player.

Obviously not the right time to sell your prized asset - factor in the drop of form and return of the discipline issues and it's probably wise to just keep a hold of him for another year.

If he screws the nut and gets back hungry and banging in the goals then he will almost certainly get his big money move - if he just returns in the same mindset as he was before the season was called then we need to make sure we aren't anywhere near as reliant on him as we were previously.

Should he say or should he go? 15M+ he should go, for finacncial reasons only. Anything less he should stay. I love him. He's the best striker in the league. I hope he stays for at least another full season. We are not going to get anyone that is even close to his level to replace him.

I agree 100% the newborn will be a huge factor however if Atletico do make their rumoured advances for him I reckon he and the club will find it very difficult to turn down.

People are talking like it’s inevitable Morelos will leave the club before we play another game, can anyone name me a better goal scorer we could realistically bring in to replace him? He has his faults like all of us but I think he could spearhead our 55th title. We definitely need a (mentally) stronger squad with more bullies and more goal contribution from midfielders like Steve Davis and Glen Kamara, but I think we are writing the kid off too early. Or is his planned departure already funding a team reconstruction? I’d love to see him score against the mhanky mob and get it right round the Lego muncher and TLB:))
Without being the player himself or his agent - it’s difficult to know.

‘big rangers men’ - seriously ? So the football team theysupport dictates their football business acumen ?

There’s nothing wrong with his attitude. He completely lost form though. I wouldn’t be against selling him for a good fee, £10m though? Yeah sod that Martin (Bain). His performance in the Europa league alone should generate more than that.

One thing I will say, is I really wouldn’t trust us to get an adequate replacement. But maybe if he does go it’ll force others to grow a pair and take a bit of responsibility, that being said they didn’t exactly do that when Morelos lost form.

Back