Is Goldson suspended ?

I thought Goldson was actually moaning because he'd taken a quick free kick to someone in a promising position on the right wing and Dallas pulled it back. Dallas then books Goldson and just has a word with Cosgrove. Either way it was an absolutely ridiculous decision

Maybe not, as the threshold increases after 19 games. It is his 6th league booking though.

If he is then it's against Livi on the 15th though.

Players are only suspended after accumulating 12 yellows now. It changes from 6 to 12 after 19 games

Usual bullshit rumour. Once again sparked by an inaccurate comment by Tom the Comm on RangersTV last week. When will he learn? Yesterday was his 4th booking of the season in the league. He has 2 in Europe and 1 in the League Cup. In this day and age it takes less than 5 minutes for anyone to verify this stuff.

Aberdeen (A), Hibs (A), Ross County (H), Aberdeen (H).

Last edited:
Have we got grounds to appeal the yellow or is it not allowed?
I wouldn’t think so, Goldson must have swore at him to be booked the way he was, the fact that Dallas had list it at that point won’t come into it as there’s no way to appeal a verbal booking.

Two very stupid bookings for Goldson in the last two games which will ultimately see him missing. Granted the one yesterday was a complete farce by the ref.

Maybe not, as the threshold increases after 19 games. It is his 6th league booking though.

If he is then it's against Livi on the 15th though.

When did that rule come in mate? I know he's not suspended anyway but the threshold has been 6 for quite a while. If you get to 12 yellows it's a 2 game ban.

Dallas lost it in the first minute, Ferguson should have been booked for his foul on Morelos

As an aside, I hope yesterday finally puts to bed the calls for that wee dick to ever wear a Rangers shirt too. Offered nothing apart from booting folk.

Might be wrong but I think the only things you can appeal a yellow for are diving or mistaken identity

I am sure those rules only apply to all teams but Celtic. They can appeal for what they want and if it’s not allowed as per current rules, SFA will just modify them of create a new one.

Usual bullshit rumour. Once again sparked by an inaccurate comment by Tom the Comm on RangersTV last week. When will he learn? Yesterday was his 4th booking of the season in the league. He has 2 in Europe and 1 in the League Cup. In this day and age it takes less than 5 minutes for anyone to verify this stuff.

Aberdeen (A), Hibs (A), Ross County (H), Aberdeen (H).

Tom can be a bit of an arse at times, I think his passion means his mouth runs away from him now and again.

When did that rule come in mate? I know he's not suspended anyway but the threshold has been 6 for quite a while. If you get to 12 yellows it's a 2 game ban.

The problem is the wording in the SFA Judicial Protocol. It says 6 booking in 19 matches merits a 1 game ban, 12 in 38 a 2 game ban and 18 in 38 a 3 game ban.

What is unclear is whether that means the first 19 matchdays - then the threshold raises to the 12/38 (similar to in England), whether its the first 19 appearances or whether its a rolling 19 matchdays from the first booking.

I had a look at Scott Brown's record last season. He received his 6th league booking of the season on 6 Feb at home to Hibs. Unless the threshold is worked as in England (6 bookings in the first 19 matchdays) then he should have served a suspension. He didn't. He was sent off 10 days later and served a 1 game suspension and, despite 2 further league booking in the remainder of the season, was never suspended again. That leads me to believe the threshold resets to 12/38 after matchday 19. Others disagree. I've emailed the SFA but no answer yet.

Tom can be a bit of an arse at times, I think his passion means his mouth runs away from him now and again.

I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to mind his commentary. In fact I might even enjoy it. However, he's had a 'mare with his comments on suspensions for Morelos and Goldson recently.

The problem is the wording in the SFA Judicial Protocol. It says 6 booking in 19 matches merits a 1 game ban, 12 in 38 a 2 game ban and 18 in 38 a 3 game ban.

What is unclear is whether that means the first 19 matchdays - then the threshold raises to the 12/38 (similar to in England), whether its the first 19 appearances or whether its a rolling 19 matchdays from the first booking.

I had a look at Scott Brown's record last season. He received his 6th league booking of the season on 6 Feb at home to Hibs. Unless the threshold is worked as in England (6 bookings in the first 19 matchdays) then he should have served a suspension. He didn't. He was sent off 10 days later and served a 1 game suspension and, despite 2 further league booking in the remainder of the season, was never suspended again. That leads me to believe the threshold resets to 12/38 after matchday 19. Others disagree. I've emailed the SFA but no answer yet.

Fair one. Genuinely didnt know that, cheers.

I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to mind his commentary. In fact I might even enjoy it. However, he's had a 'mare with his comments on suspensions for Morelos and Goldson recently.
I like the passion in his commentary and find him funny, even if it is a little cringey at times...he always raise a chuckle among fellow bears while watching in the pub. Keep up the good work Tom.

Dallas has been got too, terrified to give any decision in our favour which could influence the outcome of the match. As much a cheat as Clancy and Madden.

After his farcical booking today when Cosgrove escaped yellow for his SEVENTH foul of the game , is Goldson now suspended for asking Dallas when he was actually going to book the player ?

Dallas an utter disgrace and I’m sure I read big Goldson was one booking from a ban .
I would have thought Goldson as captain for the game would have been within his right to complain to the referee about not booking Cosgrove for persistent fouling. But it seems it does not work that way.

Hate the rule, tackle could cause damage to a player, no card, complaining given card.
VAR REQUIRED, sorry shit decisions where I live down south but watching the refs in Scotland, total different standards which VAR will totally embarrass decisions by Scottish referees

Glad that by the sounds of it he’s nowhere near suspension . Thanks for the replies .

He’s for me the only player these last 5 matches who looks like he realised we are(were) in a title fight and put the urgency and effort in as required .

He was badly let down by everyone else .

Back