Is hastie injured?

Diego Forlan

Official Ticketer
Thought he would have featured midweek as he was in the squad but not on bench. Not named today.

I thought it odd as well OP. I too was wondering if he’d picked up a knock. He’s only had 45 minutes against Oxford, which is less than the other new signings. I’d like to see him start against St Joseph’s this time around.

Hastie is starting Thursday - he told my mate yesterday

Yup Gerrard gave him a nod of the wink about it !
My guess is he goes out on loan before the season starts ala Doc and Ross last season to hopefully an English club. Traffic jam out wide right now and Candy ain’t going anywhere as he’s better than Jones and Hastie

Yup Gerrard gave him a nod of the wink about it !
My guess is he goes out on loan before the season starts ala Doc and Ross last season to hopefully an English club. Traffic jam out wide right now and Candy ain’t going anywhere as he’s better than Jones and Hastie

Would we not be better seeing Hastie for more than 45 minutes in a Rangers shirt before we decide that mate?

Would we not be better seeing Hastie for more than 45 minutes in a Rangers shirt before we decide that mate?

Get that bud but I saw him in a Motherwell shirt a few times last season and he definitely did not stand out. Just a hunch/feeling on my part. But ala Ryan Jack and Andy Halliday who knows what our current coaching staff will mold him into eh ?

Get that bud but I saw him in a Motherwell shirt a few times last season and he definitely did not stand out. Just a hunch/feeling on my part. But ala Ryan Jack and Andy Halliday who knows what our current coaching staff will mold him into eh ?

Aye that’s what I meant mate and that’s the exact reason I don’t think he’ll go on loan just now. I think he’ll get his chance and if he then doesn’t get a lot of game time it might be considered for January.

Aye that’s what I meant mate and that’s the exact reason I don’t think he’ll go on loan just now. I think he’ll get his chance and if he then doesn’t get a lot of game time it might be considered for January.

Yeah that’s a good call. But if Kent comes back something’s gotta give. Candy has been outstanding in the pre season games so Jones and Hastie must be nervous. Unless we’re looking for hard cash for Candy. Like I said just guessing

Yeah that’s a good call. But if Kent comes back something’s gotta give. Candy has been outstanding in the pre season games so Jones and Hastie must be nervous. Unless we’re looking for hard cash for Candy. Like I said just guessing

Aye of course, I’m the same. See I’m one who gets frustrated with DC and his inconsistency, but I absolutely don’t want him sold either. I think he’ll play a lot less this season but given he is capable of moments of magic and the fact he always runs himself into the ground, he’ll be an excellent squad player to have.

Keeps doing what he’s doing and the manager has yet another decision to make though. Which can only be a good thing.

Aye of course, I’m the same. See I’m one who gets frustrated with DC and his inconsistency, but I absolutely don’t want him sold either. I think he’ll play a lot less this season but given he is capable of moments of magic and the fact he always runs himself into the ground, he’ll be an excellent squad player to have.

Keeps doing what he’s doing and the manager has yet another decision to make though. Which can only be a good thing.

I’m overseas so get to see games fleetingly and obviously only on the telly. Candy always looks better to me playing in a more central role instead of stuck way out wide. That’s not an area that I see Gerrard seeing him in though so ... ? Maybe I’m wrong but I’ve always championed him and Tav when others have not.

Probably not wise of him as I suspect club officials probably look on here and Gerrards made it clear last season about leaks etc

On this occasion who cares mate? We’re playing St Josephs at home with a 4-0 aggregate lead! They could turn up with Ronaldo & Messi in their team and they’re still not qualifying!

Probably not wise of him as I suspect club officials probably look on here and Gerrards made it clear last season about leaks etc
Not sure it matters when you're heading into the home leg 4-0 up against a gang from Gibraltar... they might catch wind of it eh? :D

Manager said last week after Oxford game that he was initially set for a loan but he has impressed him so much that he has changed his mind about the lad and would remain at Ibrox.

Lots of players lots of games in a very short period of time and a great chance to rotate freely this week as Thursdays game is already finished so there can be plenty of game time given to players

Manager said last week after Oxford game that he was initially set for a loan but he has impressed him so much that he has changed his mind about the lad and would remain at Ibrox.

Did he? I don't recall that at all and I've watched every video on RangersTV and catch most of the media reports. I'd like to have a read/listen if I've missed it. Have you got a link or a steer as to where it might be found?

He was doing light training on RTV alongside Helander, possibly Saturday or Sunday morning, so perhaps he'd a slight niggle and wasn't risked.

Gerrard has seen him for more than 45 minutes.

Why I’m not speaking to Gerrard about him though.

I was answering the chap above saying that he would go on loan because he isn’t as good as Candeias. My opinion is that he’ll get a few chances in the team before that happens.

Back