Is it a bad thing Alfie’s unavailable for the second leg?

Jim Denny

The wee man has been off the boil since the break, snatching at chances and confidence at a low ebb. Can a keen Kamberi make a difference in Portugal? If we score first let’s see the bottle of Braga

He’s miles off form and Kamberi is looking hungry and will run channels for us which is exactly what we need when defending a lead. Alfredo was gassed after 60 mins tonight.

We've become pretty good at scoring away from home under Gerrard but the key reason is Alfredo Morelos, because he's the one who does all the scoring, i would say his absence is very bad.

Of course , whether he is off form or not he had plenty of chances . I don’t know if we have anyone else who can hold up th ball or get himself those chances.

Even without scoring, he's critical to our hold-up play and counter-attacks. Their defence cleared their lines whenever he was anywhere near them.

Other players are going to have to step up next week to avoid the match being a case of "defend, clear and defend again" for us, I think.

He was a threat all night? I don't get this at all, the guy isn't in his best form but he still caused them all sorts of problems tonight. They will be glad that he isn't involved.

Our best player gets suspended, our second best player returns.

If Kamberi can have a good game we'll be alright.

He‘s going through a bad patch but would still rather he was available. Wish he would stop going down though - he’s pish at diving, does it too often and doesn’t get the decisions when it’s legit.

The wee man has been off the boil since the break, snatching at chances and confidence at a low ebb. Can a keen Kamberi make a difference in Portugal? If we score first let’s see the bottle of Braga
No we will miss his work rate up front and Braga defenders will be glad he is not playing.

Ofcourse it is, you always want your entire squad available. The boys going through a wee rough patch but hes still a handful and what you want away from home, we are gonna miss him. I just hope we adjust our style to play without him.

Not a good thing at all. He's our best player and Braga will be relieved he's out.

We can still do it though!

Having your best players missing a game is never a good thing. Even if he's not scoring, his all round play excellent

Yes its a bad thing BUT I feel more confident now that Kamberi can do a job also. He has looked hungry and dangerous anytime he has came on and I think he can do a job up there. Even if Defoe was fit I would still be starting Kamberi away from home.

Yes but the boy from hibs cant spell his name lol has pace to burn so I think he will do well on the counter attack.

The only way it could possibly be good he's suspended, is knowing if we get through he's available next round.

Back