Is it a bad thing Alfie’s unavailable for the second leg?

Absolutely. He will be missed next week. When he doesnt score he is usually a thorn in our opponents side

I thought he was a handful although he left his shooting boots at home.
We will miss him next Wednesday but at least we have Kamberi.

Of course it is. He looks well off the boil and I don't think his fitness levels look what they were prior to the break (like a few others) but there's no doubt that even when he's not scoring, he's a massive handful for opponents' defences and gives us an outball, while creating spaces for others to push up into.

Needs to get back to his best, but we can never argue that this team won't be poorer for not having Alfie in it IMHO.

The wee man has been off the boil since the break, snatching at chances and confidence at a low ebb. Can a keen Kamberi make a difference in Portugal? If we score first let’s see the bottle of Braga
Morelos is still our best player and the player most likely to score a goal, so yes it's a bad thing.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all. I actually think Kamberis pace will make is more dangerous if Braga play the high line again.

It’s a bad thing as he would give us an outball. The only positive is that he can sometimes lose the rag in big games and we can’t afford any stupid red cards next week

Aye, it's f*cking horrendous. Not having him is the main reason we go there still big underdogs. He would make the ball stick for us.

Defoe isn't fit, and even if he was to be back by next week he's not going to be sharp.

I actually think a sharp Defoe could get joy against Braga given how much space they leave in behind.

I think we might need two goals over there to get through. Still a massive ask for us imo.

Jesus Christ .

Yes it’s a bad thing , in fact it’s bloody terrible . He’s bagged us 29 goals already ffs and has scored in Porto and feyenoord .

For me him missing means we won’t qualify , even with him it would be a huge task .

We'll miss his work off the ball and play on the ball in build up. His finishing hasn't been great though so unless he sorts that on the weekend he's a bit easier to replace than normal. Recon Kent will start at striker for the 2nd leg with how high a line they play and Kamberi will keep playing as one of the "10's"

He will be a huge miss, always capable of scoring.
Braga play such a high line, would we be better with someone with pace as the ball over the top worked loads of time last night?

Despite his “adventures” it is usually better for him to be in the team than not. But it gives Kamberi and Stewart the opportunity to stake their own claims to be a first pick. We need as many motivated players as possible especially up front

Back