Is it a case of only the refs can stop us now ?

muttley

It looks like we are building momentum going into what could be a crucial month in how the season pans out. We've had some horrific decisions and red cards to hinder our progress or even try to stop it in its tracks. We might not have the best team in the League right now, but we definitely have the best forward and keeper. Its a mooted point on here, but I'd also claim that we are being reffed to a different standard to other teams, which if it continues in the same vein could in effect kill our chances before the start of the new year. So, will it be up to the refs as to how we succeed or fail this season ?

Big game for the ref tomorrow. His colleagues are getting slaughtered for Rangers winning and Morelos is being labelled dirty. Could certainly influence a weak or biased ref.

The refs and the tims, its still going to be hard and i think it could go right to the wire.

We can go 12 clear of the sheep tomorrow and already 11 ahead of Hibs, i dont think many of us seen that coming after 14 games

We just need to keep winnng

It looks like we are building momentum going into what could be a crucial month in how the season pans out. We've had some horrific decisions and red cards to hinder our progress or even try to stop it in its tracks. We might not have the best team in the League right now, but we definitely have the best forward and keeper. Its a mooted point on here, but I'd also claim that we are being reffed to a different standard to other teams, which if it continues in the same vein could in effect kill our chances before the start of the new year. So, will it be up to the refs as to how we succeed or fail this season ?

to answer your post question Yes!

But as a team we can't go into games with that mindset.

Someone needs to kidnap Peter Lawwell. An appointed member of every organisation within Scottish football and UEFA and ECA as well. A man with too much control for my liking.

Not at all.

Our biggest rivals have won the last 7 trophies on offer.

Whether we like it or not they are still the benchmark.

If we match them up until the 29th December, and then beat them, then we can maybe start to dream.

This place was like a morgue after the league cup semi and Kilmarnock games a few weeks ago.

Let's just enjoy the direction we are heading in under Gerrard and see where we are at the end of the season.

Remember the malaise he inherited 5 months ago.

Big game for the ref tomorrow. His colleagues are getting slaughtered for Rangers winning and Morelos is being labelled dirty. Could certainly influence a weak or biased ref.
I wonder how the ref will deal with 50 plus fouls per match Shinnie. He has to be sent off sometime this season.....Wednesday night ?

I think that it is certain that referees will influence what happens to us for the rest of the season, just look at the shit that is going around at the moment concerning Madden.
Rangers as a club are as we all know hated in this backword shithole.
We will most certainly be issued with cards in the game against the sheep, it is, in my humble opinion, getting to the stage where we as a club are not allowed to compete. It's okay when things go against us, but when we look a threat as we do now then they all circle the wagons and ramp up the vitriol against us.

I do find it interesting that all the crap about the ref favouring us has come out as we're gaining momentum.

The Tims were quiet when he had cards against us, and odd decisions but were 3 or 4 points behind them. Now that they're sitting 2nd, suddenly the refs have an agenda in favour of us? Any neutral viewing in could see that's far from the case. However you don't see neutrality in Scottish reporting.

No, its up to ourselves to keep going.The team are in good spirits, playing well and our fitness levels are great. We have a coaching staff who know what they are doing and there is a much more professional attitude about the club these days. We can't change what the refs do, despite claims from others and just have to keep going

have you also seen what the scum are getting in games?

their player managed to maim an opponent in the box and they received a deflected hand ball outside the box as a pen

against aberdeen!!

No, it's down to us to keep the momentum going and keep winning.

Tbh, if you feel that the officials will likely dictate how our season pans out then I don't know why you follow football as you must get zero/little enjoyment from it going into every single game 'knowing' we are going to somehow get cheated..

We need to continue to build and grow as a team. However we are starting to put some very good results in our locker, which can only help build experience and character.

The 29th is the next game where after it we might have some idea of where we stand, much like Hearts on Sunday ended up being a bit of a moment in the short term.

I have no doubt though that the wrongly held perception by the media that we are getting an easy ride from refs will come back and bite us on the arse fairly soon. Also expect the nonsense from opposition players to get ramped up even more.

We need to be smart.

Strangely enough Dallas appears to have avoided any criticism for gifting them a penalty.

In a weekend where Rangers get a man sent off, our hammerthrowing opponents go the full 90 minutes without even getting a booking, and the filth get gifted a penalty for an incident outside the box, everyone is still trying to claim that it’s us that are benefitting from referees:D

And our haters are just getting started. It’s going to increase tenfold now we are top.

Referees lives are now going to be made a living hell to ensure the filths dominance is not compromised.

Your thread title smacks of tim paranoia.
The best team over the course of the season will win the title. I formly believe each and every club gets decisions for and against during the season, the problem is that we ALL remember those that go against whilst conveniently forgetting those we benefitted from.

Does our second goal on Sunday not undermine some of your argument?

Any decent journalist would have followed up CL’s rant about the hearts player that escaped getting sent off

Not at all.

If we match them up until the 29th December, and then beat them, then we can maybe start to dream.

This place was like a morgue after the league cup semi and Kilmarnock games a few weeks ago.

Let's just enjoy the direction we are heading in under Gerrard and see where we are at the end of the season.

Spot on.

The Beggars have been running all over teams themselves lately and have just won another trophy. Are folk seriously writing them off? Like it or not those fuckers are the benchmark.

Whilst I’m delighted with our progress we have a huge month ahead. Silly to be talking about winning the league just yet imo.

Frankly bud, I believe the only thing that’ll stop Rangers is Rangers.

I think we would all agree that we have been on the receiving end of poor refereeing decisions more than we have been beneficiaries these recent months. It would not surprise me if this continues to be the case after the moon howling from the usual suspects over Sundays events.
However, we as an entity are travelling through uncharted waters now, it's important we collectively "keep the heid". Focus will bring it's rewards.

The best team over the course of the season will win the title. I formly believe each and every club gets decisions for and against during the season, the problem is that we ALL remember those that go against whilst conveniently forgetting those we benefitted from.

Nah last year changed that opinion for me. We had far too many dubious decisions go against us in several games and it certainly wasn't evened out.

Beaton vs Hibs springs to mind, Motherwell doing their best impressions of cage fighters, Morelos denied a penalty for diving even though the keeper ended up with a burst nose due to the contact, Aberdeen getting a token penalty in one of the last games of the season, Scott Allan almost ending Rossiter's career.

They're just off the top of my head. The only decision I remember going in our favour was Bates' handball against Hibs - even then, we should've also had a penalty in that game. It also reminded me that we got a couple of penalties given against us for handball (Russell Martin), both horrific decisions.

Nah last year changed that opinion for me. We had far too many dubious decisions go against us in several games and it certainly wasn't evened out.

Beaton vs Hibs springs to mind, Motherwell doing their best impressions of cage fighters, Morelos denied a penalty for diving even though the keeper ended up with a burst nose due to the contact, Aberdeen getting a token penalty in one of the last games of the season, Scott Allan almost ending Rossiter's career.

They're just off the top of my head. The only decision I remember going in our favour was Bates' handball against Hibs - even then, we should've also had a penalty in that game. It also reminded me that we got a couple of penalties given against us for handball (Russell Martin), both horrific decisions.

So the Rangers team last year should've won the league? We finished where we did because we were inconsistent, weak and never had the skill or bottle to win. We finished where we deserved considering our performances, it will be the same this year. The refs are inconsistent and fair overall, always have been. If we fail and blame refs would anyone be happy going into a new season without signing anyone as the refs cost us last year? Celtic lose the advantage every time because they penny pinch when on top but refs rather than their players, manager and board get blamed by their fans. We need to look at ourselves when we fail to win.

Refs or a serious injury to Shagger or Alfredo are what could stop us. Sadly I think the media shitstorm about fredo will spur a nomark hammer thrower into a shite challenge

No. Embarrassing thread.

Refs have already had a huge negative influence in our season, indeed from the very first game onwards at Pittodrie, including numerous undeserved red cards. In fact, the SFA have also issued five charges against our club for speaking out against a clear injustice regarding Candeias's ludicrous second yellow at St Mirren. Do you reckon refs won't have any more influence from now on until the end of the season ?

Got to beat the tims then we can got a chance to win the league. If you had said start of season we would be in this position I would have bit your arm off.

way , way , way , way too early to be talking of who or what can stop us .

the soapdodgers are the benchmark and that is the next task for this team . learn how to beat them and we might have a chance .

for now we should only be looking at the next game .

A game at a time is how I like to look at it, referees will %^*& up as usual and probably give us an unequal amount of bad decisions but if we win our games and are sitting in first or second place in the league at the end of febuary then I think we could win the league.
Nobody in Scottish football be it the teams or the corrupt SFA are going to do us any favours, so we win games and do it the right way.
It will be all the sweeter if we do because we've done it despite the hateful shitebags putting obstacles in our way.

The refs are a joke. The pressue on them is getting ramped up by the media. They are being warned they will be destroyed if they give us another decision. It's December and that's the first decision that's went our way. The media have made it clear that's one too many.

Refs have already had a huge negative influence in our season, indeed from the very first game onwards at Pittodrie, including numerous undeserved red cards. In fact, the SFA have also issued five charges against our club for speaking out against a clear injustice regarding Candeias's ludicrous second yellow at St Mirren. Do you reckon refs won't have any more influence from now on until the end of the season ?

They may have an influence but it’s not a case of “only the refs can stop us now”. Would maybe be different if we were 10 points clear. There are several things that could stop us, an injury to Morelos being one ...

The media set the tone against us not the tims . The media give them the platform to attack us, along with the rest of the wee shitty clubs . I don't know how you stop the media attacking our club all the time, we don't seem to have any power at all within there ranks

Not at all.

They have had an easy time & been allowed to have players free that should have been booked/red carded etc. Let's put it this way, there would be zero fuss about Alfie's style of play and I dont think he would have picked up the cards he has this season had he been playing for them

muttley
So, will it be up to the refs as to how we succeed or fail this season ?

Can we please stop this.

It will be up to us to beat celtic. Do that, and I'll start to believe we're in with a genuine chance of winning the league.

There's still a gap between the teams, and we must add AT LEAST two quality players in January to give ourselves a fighting chance.

But please stop blaming referees.

In a weekend where Rangers get a man sent off, our hammerthrowing opponents go the full 90 minutes without even getting a booking, and the filth get gifted a penalty for an incident outside the box, everyone is still trying to claim that it’s us that are benefitting from referees:D

And our haters are just getting started. It’s going to increase tenfold now we are top.

Referees lives are now going to be made a living hell to ensure the filths dominance is not compromised.

Not only did our opponents last weekend go the full 90 minutes without a booking, but their Manager claimed that Rangers got preferential treatment from the ref, despite us again reduced to 10 men . The mhedia have not mocked his ludicrous claims either. :confused: The manufactured outrage against Morelos will be a concern tonight and how the ref reacts.

muttley

Can we please stop this.

It will be up to us to beat celtic. Do that, and I'll start to believe we're in with a genuine chance of winning the league.

There's still a gap between the teams, and we must add AT LEAST two quality players in January to give ourselves a fighting chance.

But please stop blaming referees.
Why not when they arent playing fair? Dont the rules apply to all teams or is the letter of the law only always just applicable to us?

Let’s not get carried away o/p. We need a sustained period at the top of the table to put pressure on them. At the moment we are there because we have played an extra game. The onus is on us to prove we can stay up there. One game at a time. We’ve had a few false dawns, though admittedly, this team and manager do feel different. It’s coming, if not this season then very soon.

Go on then,list the big decisions that have gone in our favour?

The officials have been horrendous this season,to deny this truth is to have your head firmly ensconsed in your very own sand pit.

That said, we have it all to prove on the field. We need to prove ourselves capable of besting the beasts over the course of a season.

Yes i agree some of the red have been terrible and could prevent us having a good season.

So the Rangers team last year should've won the league? We finished where we did because we were inconsistent, weak and never had the skill or bottle to win. We finished where we deserved considering our performances, it will be the same this year. The refs are inconsistent and fair overall, always have been. If we fail and blame refs would anyone be happy going into a new season without signing anyone as the refs cost us last year? Celtic lose the advantage every time because they penny pinch when on top but refs rather than their players, manager and board get blamed by their fans. We need to look at ourselves when we fail to win.

I'm not saying the refs cost us the league, we simply weren't good enough at Ibrox. However they definitely cost us points - that's undeniable surely given the examples I listed?

Do you genuinely think the decisions have evened themselves out last season and this season?

Someone posted the table of cards/fouls etc on another thread...Celtic have only had 10 players booked this season, most other teams are between 20-30. Now is that because they are much more disciplined than the average team - or because the refs let them away with more?

Spot on.

The Beggars have been running all over teams themselves lately and have just won another trophy. Are folk seriously writing them off? Like it or not those fuckers are the benchmark.

Whilst I’m delighted with our progress we have a huge month ahead. Silly to be talking about winning the league just yet imo.

While I try to remain positive I believe the papes are still a bit ahead of us. Most games are won in the middle of the park and I don't think we have a midfield player that would get a game for them. I'v never been one to worry about refs.

They have had an easy time & been allowed to have players free that should have been booked/red carded etc. Let's put it this way, there would be zero fuss about Alfie's style of play and I dont think he would have picked up the cards he has this season had he been playing for them

I don't disagree with you but I don't think it will or won't be down to refs whether we win the league.

Back