Is it a case of only the refs can stop us now ?

I'm not saying the refs cost us the league, we simply weren't good enough at Ibrox. However they definitely cost us points - that's undeniable surely given the examples I listed?

Do you genuinely think the decisions have evened themselves out last season and this season?

Someone posted the table of cards/fouls etc on another thread...Celtic have only had 10 players booked this season, most other teams are between 20-30. Now is that because they are much more disciplined than the average team - or because the refs let them away with more?

Refs cost every team points bud. We need to be good enough to win regardless of referee performance, not easy, but this is the case all over the world and at every level of the game. The reason it evens itself out is that when the season ends your final league position is a fair assessment of your overall performance. If a referee cost you in a title decider and you finish second then you don't deserve to win a league. Don't blame the ref, improve and make sure you're better next year in order to win. Celtic will have a better card count as they enjoy the lions share of possession have better players making better, fairer challenges. Another factor might be that they are cuter and can con refs more but that's not the ref's fault. Opposition teams have to overcome this and win. Celtic can't carry their dominance into Europe not because of refs but because their opponent is better.

I don't disagree with you but I don't think it will or won't be down to refs whether we win the league.
It will if they have a hand in our players being needlessly booked and then missing games we need them for

Way to early to talk of title, you can’t win a title in December but you can lose one.

I posted my OP as to the refs possibly stopping us and my own opinion is that they're having a real go at doing so. It is farcical that we've had so many red and yellow cards and its just reached the beginning of December. We are not some hybrid Motherwell / Wimbledon of old bunch of cloggers kicking our way to points every week, and these cards and subsequent suspensions mounting up is inexplicable and undeserved. I genuinely don't know, however, how the Gaffer deals with this current situation. Does he tell our players not to play with the same intensity as our opponents as card-happy refs will continue as they have all season against us, particularly with Morelos ?

Last edited:
Put it this way, it certainly isn’t helping but games against the sheep the other night sadly shows quite a lot of players in this squad just haven’t the mentality to win this league.

Why not when they arent playing fair? Dont the rules apply to all teams or is the letter of the law only always just applicable to us?
Unfortunately the mindset of rather a lot of Rangers fans is don’t blame referees because that’s what Timothy does, which quite frankly is a pile of poo and is a mentality that has done us no favours these past X amount of years, in fact quite the opposite.

No, it's down to us to keep the momentum going and keep winning.

Tbh, if you feel that the officials will likely dictate how our season pans out then I don't know why you follow football as you must get zero/little enjoyment from it going into every single game 'knowing' we are going to somehow get cheated..

There you go again. Cant help yourself can you?

I knew you'd be on this thread and I knew you'd be playing down the role refs play in making life difficult for us.

Time to move on timmy.

Reffed to a different standard yet again tonight. Officials hindering our progression ? Too right there are. Anyone watching that game and thinks differently is in clear denial.

Back