Is it all now 'bottle'?

Every dropped point will be attributed on here to a lack of bottle. It's more likely the quality and inconsistency of the players. Not forgetting the odd decision by the manager.

They are all professional footballers and ability shouldn’t come into it... it is absolutely about confidence/nerve/bottle/appetite to succeed.

As was said earlier, a few of the current crop of players are regarded as some kind of legends by many, yet they have won nothing... this squad needs to win things before anyone in it reaches that kind of status.

Talk of bottle and dont know why but think of Connor Goldson last year taking injections to beat the filth. Course we have have bottle, we have more consistency also. Spine of our team is good. We are in for a good year.

Not now it isn't, no. It's about bottle when it isn't in their own hands, which at this stage of the season is about 5-9 points, depending on how you look at it.

Bottle does play it's part. We've got some gallus players out there though. Gerrard needs to pick his game up still - regardless of how well we're doing our gaffer can switch off big time. Our players can drop their positive attitude big time.

On our day. Unbeatable in Scotland but we need everyone working on form. All are capable but we're capable of slipping up too.

Make no mistake. We can absolutely win this league, this season.

As the Bearman wrote, it is about 'one game at a time'. Nonetheless, I don't have worries for Sunday against Hearts. We normally start off slow as a team after a fortnight off. The possibility to play football instead of smash and grab is likely to pay dividends. Looking into my crystal ball, the game at Parkheid may be a turning point for us. Depends obviously where we sit before we play them, but I have high hopes on this one.

Hunger and desire to win is a big factor. Confidence too.

Our league form has been good apart from one game.

We need to focus on one game at a time and get 3 points on Sunday is the objective

When the time comes for our visit to Parkpaed we should approach the game like we do at the moment and go out and take the game to them. Press them and fight for every ball and hopefully we get a result

Belief, bottle,and consistency, for me!, really believe it's there if we want it this season,oh and a bit of luck on the injury front.

The team needs to get to the point of being self aware.

By that I mean collectively believing that they have the ability and know how to fend off anything the filth can offer. Of course things can change quickly but there usually comes a point where belief takes over and the prospect of a power shift becomes mentally inevitable.

That’s what defines champions.

For what it’s worth I personally don’t think we’re quite there just yet but I’m still quietly confident if things keep progressing as they are then it WILL come this season.

Bottle gets you through games where you can't or don't play well.

I don't expect that tomorrow, unless Clancy decides to allow a kicking match.

We're at our best when a side is forced into an error - Hearts are probably the most error creative side in the league.

Just go and deal with one team at time. Get to December, then really get the battle heads on.

Go there in December “believing”????

What about the dozen or so games before hand?
None of those teams has same quality as us or any kind of atmosphere at their games.
So “bottle” is only involved when it’s us vs the poets on the same pitch going toe-to-toe?

How’s that “bottle”?

Did it not matter because we weren’t playing against the mentally challengeds?

Did our players play with freedom, belief and confidence today, or was there an element of “bottle” involved?

Back