Is it better to play the rest of the season without the fans?

I think we would all want to believe that but there will always be sections who don’tanything other than to moan.

If anyone on here sits in SE5 of the East Enclosure they will be aware of the 2 guys from the borders who just moan moan moan.

And I’m talking minutes after Kick off.

For me keep the fans away till we win the league.

players are flourishing
Agreed. The pressure on the team this year would have been and is massive. I think lack of fans he helped reduce the tension. I also think refs are getting more right than wrong. They can concentrate on the game with no noise coming from stands. Let's try and get this won and party for all we are worth at the end of the season. I can see the scenes in GS.....fingers crossed.

I can’t believe the amount of self loathing on this thread. Keep the fans out until next season because we play better without them? I’ve read it all now. Would be as well locking the doors then and never playing with fans again at Ibrox
Experience has told us that it’s fact.You really are deluding yourself and trying to show yourself as being a staunch fan.Sometimes you’ve got to be realistic.
As one poster said it’s no coincidence Tav and Goldson past whipping boys are now having a great season.Wakey wakey mate.

I wouldn't want fans back until the league is won. As magical and powerful as a full rocking Ibrox can be it can also sadly be extremely toxic and sap players confidence quicker than you can say mind the gap.

Experience has told us that it’s fact.You really are deluding yourself and trying to show yourself as being a staunch fan.Sometimes you’ve got to be realistic.
As one poster said it’s no coincidence Tav and Goldson past whipping boys are now having a great season.Wakey wakey mate.
Nothing staunch about it FFS, have you heard yourself. Ibrox has always been a tough crowd and will never change. I despair at what certain elements of the rangers support have become

Nope I hope and pray we have fans at Ibrox for the after split games at least .... the players and fans deserve to celebrate together if we can keep it going

I can’t believe the amount of self loathing on this thread. Keep the fans out until next season because we play better without them? I’ve read it all now. Would be as well locking the doors then and never playing with fans again at Ibrox
Self loathing ?

some of our support are shambles simple as that.

Nothing wrong with being “unstaunch” you know,doesn’t make you less of a fan

As another poster said ,we are playing great patient slow building football with a deliberate plan of attack.
Would this style of play be a success in front of the fans?.I personally don’t think so.
Its sad to be in that position as it’s great to have our fans as well but experience has told us that a lot of our fans don’t have the same patience as the players.
However I still long to be back at Ibrox with the rest of our great support but for this season I would be a bit hesitant to change things the way they are for now.
Definitely too many he's piss brigade, hopefully back for the last 3 or 4 games

As another poster said ,we are playing great patient slow building football with a deliberate plan of attack.
Would this style of play be a success in front of the fans?.I personally don’t think so.
Its sad to be in that position as it’s great to have our fans as well but experience has told us that a lot of our fans don’t have the same patience as the players.
However I still long to be back at Ibrox with the rest of our great support but for this season I would be a bit hesitant to change things the way they are for now.
Naw! Football is about fans. If we have a team that can't cope with fans we have massive problem. Get the fans in to the stadium pronto and if that stops our team winning the league then we have an issue.

Hope we are back in at some point this season, the atmosphere would be superb with us pushing the team closer to the title, if players can only perform in empty stadiums then Rangers isn’t the club for them. But I believe these players are now capable of dealing with the pressure and are focused after the last couple of seasons and would thrive with the crowd in. How many times have we read on this forum in the past that were the best fans in the world and there’s no atmosphere anywhere like Ibrox but now we hate ourselves and think it’s our fault if the team don’t play well ?

If I could pick the ideal scenario; no fans until the split, then we return for the last few games when the league is done.

But if it's a choice of fans or no fans until the final game, I'd take no fans. (I go home and away).

Can already hear the groans at Ibrox when one of Goldson's passes misses target. Away games, no issues.

It is what it is. No stress, either way,

I think our fans would be more patient now. We've seen from multi angles what the team are trying to do, and how they play. I think we can sense that if we don't score early, it will come. Perhaps watching the team playing with the benefit of replays, different angles etc will allow fans to appreciate the way the team play, and make them understand that we don't always get what a player is trying when we see them live, from the opposite side of the stadium.

There again....

:))

Learn the lesson now. It is clear not being shouted at non stop is affecting our players in the positive. Tav is the perfect example. No additional pressure and is growing in confidence weekly as well as clearly becoming a better all round player. When we need the goal we keep to the plan, pass the ball excellently and find the openings. It's a massive YES that no fans has benefited this team greatly. So when we do return just remember that going mental and criticizing players non stop DOES NOT HELP

Have to wonder if the guys on here shouting about getting fans back ASAP actually have season books or go to a lot of home games. Arsehole Central with the negativity towards the players.

When we scored the 4th on Sunday the stampede for the exit would have been embarrassing, you can't tell me that doesn't affect the players. European and old firm games are a joy when its a full house the rest just seem to be a race to get home first.

Nothing staunch about it FFS, have you heard yourself. Ibrox has always been a tough crowd and will never change. I despair at what certain elements of the Rangers support have become
Yes I’ve heard myself and I like what I’ve heard.
Are you seriously telling me the players were never under pressure at times by the impatient ones in the support?

I’d keep things as they currently are. If we’re grinding out results better without the moans and groans then so be it.

Our home support are the most impatient crowd in football IMO. Every back pass you hear a large section groan and moan

"Get it f**king forward Tav"

When it's 0-0 after 20 minutes you can cut the anxiety and tension with a knife too.

On good nights, big European nights or games v them Ibrox is the best in the world. However, these routine scuddings we are giving teams at home these days is helped by no fans IMO

Hopefully now those moaners at Ibrox see the difference and return with an actual backing of the team

I feel horribly for guys and girls who have paid hundreds, some thousands for season tickets. Selfish in a way for us non st holders to say they shouldn't be at games. And of course the club could use the money of paying fans.

But I've got to say I quite like things at the minute.

Learn the lesson now. It is clear not being shouted at non stop is affecting our players in the positive. Tav is the perfect example. No additional pressure and is growing in confidence weekly as well as clearly becoming a better all round player. When we need the goal we keep to the plan, pass the ball excellently and find the openings. It's a massive YES that no fans has benefited this team greatly. So when we do return just remember that going mental and criticizing players non stop DOES NOT HELP
Absolutely

Yes I’ve heard myself and I like what I’ve heard.
Are you seriously telling me the players were never under pressure at times by the impatient ones in the support?
Honestly not going to have the debate, it's farcical.

Mental how many people on here believe we’re a poor support and the team is better off without us.
I don't think that's what many are saying mate, whatever the squad are feeling about things, it's working. I'm sure the squad are missing the fans, but, I'm desperate for this #55, like many, I'm willing to let it ride out. Sorry if that offends you.

I always feel the ones that do that loud negative shouting have a complex. When it’s 0-0 after an hour with Accies it’s their way of showing that they have higher standards and that’s why they feel the need to abuse the players.
Hopefully they don’t come back.

If we keep playing as we are, keep everyone out. We will have won the league with a few games to go and everyone can get in then :cool:

Not a big issue for this season, even if some fans are allowed in this season there's no chance it will be full grounds.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot if i’m honest.

what I’ve arrived at is the view that ‘no fans’ has simply been an acceleration.

as trust is built in the team and we as fans lose the scar tissue, i think we’d both grow together - fans become more patient and team deals better with the pressure.

that would have come with time, but we’ve both been given the space to work it out separately, reducing the risk of any slip ups setting it back.

i want back in Ibrox asap and trust all parties to work together to keep this going

If fans were somehow allowed back in this season a lot of folk on here are going to be strangely gutted it seems.
No Surrender, we’ve got the battle fever on etc yet this season we’ve had fans on a thread before we win at piggery saying they get too nervous to watch a game against the beggars and prefer to go out and walk the dogs or some pish like that, and now we don’t want fans in because apparently the players are too mentally weak to deal with a full Ibrox. Pathetic.

It’s a pretty sad indictment the amount of Rangers fans saying the team are doing better without the home fans. That may or may not be true but either way the moaning bastards who frequent our games and need to give themselves a shake before they do get back to our home.
It's having an effect in the sense of they won't get as nervous if they aren't playing well thanks to the angry crowd. But they wouldn't be playing badly anyway, so it's kinda irrelevant.

I think the bigger effect is happening at the house of lies. They were the ones on a roll, on a crazy trophy streak, fans backing them all the way. Now their glorious march to 9.75iar is taking place in a empty, sad, lonely stadium with nothing but tumbleweeds to watch them. It's definitely sucked the morale out them. We've already seen the negative impact booting their shit fans out the broomy had.

Everything is going great as it is, so I'm happy not to change anything as it stands for this season.

I dream of a full Ibrox doing the bouncy as the team is awarded the trophy, as another hundred odd thousand do a mass bouncy on Edmiston Drive, after marching from George Square with the Union Bears and flute bands, in the sunshine before we all disperse to pubs, clubs, gardens and streets to begin a few days long bender/sash bash/gloatfest. Mouthwatering. Make it happen

We are getting better results because we are a better team with greater competition for places and a core that have been playing together and learning together for a couple of years now.

There is no doubt the Ibrox crowd can be inspirational but it can, as others have said, be an unforgiving arena at times.

I would like to think that this enforced absence has educated some of our more negative fans and that, having seen the success the team have been getting without them, they would display a greater degree of patience on their return.

Sadly I'm not convinced that that would be the case. You only need to look at the match thread and the negativity generally evident on there. Or view some of the negative comments on various other threads and the absolute fear in some that we are going to feck it all up. And without question some of the clowns that sit around me who are negative, vocal and loud are unlikely to change.

Having said that I believe that this particular squad now has the strength of character to deal with any moans and groans from the crowd and to handle the pressure that comes with playing for Rangers - and I'm desperate to get back :))

This has got nothing to do with being staunch, although I've still to work out what's so bad about being a staunch fan.

This is questioning the mentality of the players who've played together in more intimidating places than rugby park,fir park or pittodrie.

What your seeing now is a team getting it together by improving each season since gerrard arrived. First season we improved greatly in europe and beat the tims after spending a couple of seasons being humiliated by them. Last season, we proved we are a better team on the day against them, but our lack of depth in our squad caught up with us. Now the squad is strengthened, whilst they are stalling.

The only shame so far has been the fans not getting along to enjoy it.

As for fans who give out abuse just for the hell of it, well everyone around them should let them know it's not on. They'll soon get the message.

team's able to play with their heads and carry out a game plan and no get groaned to fook at by fans at the 1st stray pass, notice how patient our play can become when need be? No danger of us doing that without fans getting on the team's backs. even though the consensus at the moment is how well we are playing, I bet there'd still be some who would moan if they were to witness the exact same type of play, if watching at Ibrox

100%
The fans can be as counter productive as we can be productive.
If its not broken, dont fix it.

Yeah, they’re doing just fine without us.

We’ll be back next year for the party!
No. Ask the players. They miss us. We're just better this season. The longer we're no there the more players who we love we'll need to say cheerio to.
Just keep winning at the moment. We'll get our rewards but hopefully not in the livingroom. Be where we belong.

I'm happy to pay my season ticket and stay away. The team plays without added pressure and the communication is so much more precise from what I've seen.
We will obviously want back in at some point but I'm more than happy to sacrifice attendances this season if it brings 55.

No, the game is a pale imitation without fans so the sooner we can all get back to Ibrox to see our team and drive them on the better.

that said.

could i take not getting back in this season if it meant 55?

your god damn right i could :))

Back