Is it better to play the rest of the season without the fans?

It's no coincidence that Tav and Goldson are playing error free football..

genuine question here.

and i say this as both tav and goldsons biggest fans.

you think big connors brain farts have been caused by the rangers support in past 2 seasons?

or do you think he has came back this season a more focused, determined and improved player willing to lead from the back and drive us on to win 55?

This has got nothing to do with being staunch, although I've still to work out what's so bad about being a staunch fan.

This is questioning the mentality of the players who've played together in more intimidating places than rugby park,fir park or pittodrie.

What your seeing now is a team getting it together by improving each season since gerrard arrived. First season we improved greatly in europe and beat the tims after spending a couple of seasons being humiliated by them. Last season, we proved we are a better team on the day against them, but our lack of depth in our squad caught up with us. Now the squad is strengthened, whilst they are stalling.

The only shame so far has been the fans not getting along to enjoy it.

As for fans who give out abuse just for the hell of it, well everyone around them should let them know it's not on. They'll soon get the message.
First of all there is nothing wrong with being staunch.
As for "questioning the mentality of the players" they are still human beings and can still be affected by fan pressure even although in the minority.
Its a matter of opinion for the reasons why we are playing as a much better consistent team. Time may tell.

genuine question here.

you think big connors brain farts have been caused by the Rangers support in past 2 seasons?

or do you think he has came back this season a more focused, determined and improved player willing to lead from the back and drive us on to win 55?
A bit of both IMO

genuine question here.

you think big connors brain farts have been caused by the Rangers support in past 2 seasons?

Donno. I do know both these players get a fair bit of stick for misplaced passes. A full house at Ibrox requires broad shoulders. It's an incredible transformation in his passing range.

I really struggle with any season ticket holder thinking this $hite is a good idea
I obv dont think that its a long term solution, but I also cant think its sheer coincidence that we are substantially better without fans in attendance (particularly at home). I believe that the players have a sense of freedom that the pressures of 50,000 eyes dont allow, they can probe from CB to GK etc without the groans of “get it up the park” etc.
The games that we NEED the fans, the big games such as Celtic home, big Europa ties
Etc have yet to come so I hold my judgement on those, but the smaller games, the ones that teams camp in and test our patience -
Not having fans is paying dividends in these matches.
What do all great coaches tell smaller teams, keep it tight, turn the fans against their own team etc - thats not possible now and for me its been a telling factor.

First of all there is nothing wrong with being staunch.
As for "questioning the mentality of the players" they are still human beings and can still be affected by fan pressure even although in the minority.
Its a matter of opinion for the reasons why we are playing as a much better consistent team. Time may tell.
I just think we're a better team. Last season, I thought our legs were gone with the same players having to turn out most games and the fact we depended too much on alfie.

I do agree about negativity of some fans. Ibrox should be a fortress, unfortunately it's not, which pisses me off because when the fans are up for it, it's a great place. Just doesnt happen enough.

It's no wonder other teams always have the game plan to shut up shop as they know it wont take long for our players to get it in the neck.

The fans have the power to do something about this. I'm not saying everyone has to sing, but shouting abuse at players as some kind of hobbie, shouldn't be tolerated.

Did you read our accounts last week?
Yep I read it in great detail. I know the ins and outs of the accounts.

Still standing by it. The chance to sell euro tickets is gone now. Thats £5-7m that is definitely gone for this year. Most of our seats are season tickets already sold. Celtic have 10k seats available per game, the no fans issue is even bigger for them financially and for cash flow in my opinion.

I'll say it again, theres only one club pushing harder for fans to go back. I'm reading between the lines.

Keep the turnstiles closed for the first 15 minutes and then let the fans in. By that time we’ll be a goal up and the impatient amongst us won’t have a reason to complain..Best of both worlds :D

Not a serious post btw....
But not a million miles wrong either....

As I have discovered, watching a game alongside the game thread comments is twice as stressful - even up 4-0 the other day some people weren’t taking the day off on the negativity. Only happy when it rains?

Better without. That being said the players better get used to the pressure because the fans can’t stay away forever and dealing with the overly demanding support is part and parcel of being a Rangers player.

As another poster said ,we are playing great patient slow building football with a deliberate plan of attack.
Would this style of play be a success in front of the fans?.I personally don’t think so.
Its sad to be in that position as it’s great to have our fans as well but experience has told us that a lot of our fans don’t have the same patience as the players.
However I still long to be back at Ibrox with the rest of our great support but for this season I would be a bit hesitant to change things the way they are for now.
Dont shit the bed. Didnt become most successful team without fans.
Itd end up just watching YouTube fifa games if we're no back soon.
Hats off to the team but we've been progressing every year. Nowt to do with us. It's the manager and players who have improved.
I understand yer thoughts but I have to disagree. Maybe I'm one of the supporters that actually support and cheer them on rather than bring them down.
I just think we're a better team. Last season, I thought our legs were gone with the same players having to turn out most games and the fact we depended too much on alfie.

I do agree about negativity of some fans. Ibrox should be a fortress, unfortunately it's not, which pisses me off because when the fans are up for it, it's a great place. Just doesnt happen enough.

It's no wonder other teams always have the game plan to shut up shop as they know it wont take long for our players to get it in the neck.

The fans have the power to do something about this. I'm not saying everyone has to sing, but shouting abuse at players as some kind of hobbie, shouldn't be tolerated.
Never shout at the players
Better without. That being said the players better get used to the pressure because the fans can’t stay away forever and dealing with the overly demanding support is part and parcel of being a Rangers player.
This thread needs binned. So many emotions in my head just now.
We're supporters. It's our life. If ye don't wanna go or want to go and give abuse to our team maybe it's not for ye.
I personally can't sleep game to game.
Need back there ASAP.

But not a million miles wrong either....

As I have discovered, watching a game alongside the game thread comments is twice as stressful - even up 4-0 the other day some people weren’t taking the day off on the negativity. Only happy when it rains?
Mate, I avoid match threads like the plague, and will only go on after the match retrospectively sometimes to read back on some of the more hysterical posts.
sitting watching on RTV is so much more relaxing.

It’s a bit like people blaming going to Dubai for the post-Winter break slump. It’s not one thing.

Similarly the absence of the support is not the reason we’re doing well. It’s a crap narrative to try to blame the support.

As another poster said ,we are playing great patient slow building football with a deliberate plan of attack.
Would this style of play be a success in front of the fans?.I personally don’t think so.
Its sad to be in that position as it’s great to have our fans as well but experience has told us that a lot of our fans don’t have the same patience as the players.
However I still long to be back at Ibrox with the rest of our great support but for this season I would be a bit hesitant to change things the way they are for now.
I think any real fan has been watching what’s been going on and will be educated enough to be patient.

BTW for all those with their head in the sand about Ibrox - one of the Aberdeen players actually said last season that their tactics were to keep it tight for 20 minutes because they knew the crowd would turn and start to get on the Rangers' players' backs.

It will be February possibly March before we get 4/5 thousand in and no chance of away games until Easter by then the league will be decided either way

Imagine heading into the final few games with the fans allowed in and we are in a good position. The buzz around Ibrox and atmosphere would be amazing.

I think any real fan has been watching what’s been going on and will be educated enough to be patient.
Constant improvement. Now with the same mentality through out the squad. Let's get on the same page fans, players and staff. It's happening, don't doubt it. I'm no on here to argue wae fellow blue noses. Every game cup final. Doing better than expected but think personally we can improve so let's go!

I think once we win the first trophy this group of players could go on to win all sorts though. They just need that monkey off their back.

I dunno if people are just being naive about Ibrox - but one misplaced pass and the groans start. I honestly think some people just turn up out of habit as well without actually enjoying the football. The sort that turn up late and leave bang on 70 minutes regardless of opponent or score.

BTW for all those with their head in the sand about Ibrox - one of the Aberdeen players actually said last season that their tactics were to keep it tight for 20 minutes because they knew the crowd would turn and start to get on the Rangers' players' backs.
Had folk next to me at braga game boosting at 2 zip. Said all game we'd win.
And we did.
Think at times I'm too positive but I'm no blind. We can't sign a gazza or albertz. Now, the players are stepping up. True. No trophies yet. Its happening soon. No doubt about it. The wheels are in motion fans or no fans preferably altogether.

Would be perfectly happy to continue as is untill we are out of sight. Sad as that may sound winning this title is everything!
ANY change that could adversely affect the way the team is performing at the moment however slight ain't welcome imo.

It’s a really sad indictment of our “support” that so many on here are saying we are better off without us there.
Really, Really sad actually and hopefully this season gives a few folk an eye opener.
I wouldn’t change a thing.

I think once we win the first trophy this group of players could go on to win all sorts though. They just need that monkey off their back.

I dunno if people are just being naive about Ibrox - but one misplaced pass and the groans start. I honestly think some people just turn up out of habit as well without actually enjoying the football. The sort that turn up late and leave bang on 70 minutes regardless of opponent or score.

I agree. Its a brutal environment at times and the atmosphere can feel like poison when things aren’t going well.

My sentiments exactly.
D
But if we win this title, I’m afraid the cow Nikla won’t be keeping me out of George Square, or away from Edmiston Drive.

She can suck my fat boy if she thinks that’s happening :D
Exactly how I'm feeling. Wild horses wouldn't keep me away from Gearge square when it's done and dusted.

Dont shit the bed. Didnt become most successful team without fans.
Itd end up just watching YouTube fifa games if we're no back soon.
Hats off to the team but we've been progressing every year. Nowt to do with us. It's the manager and players who have improved.
I understand yer thoughts but I have to disagree. Maybe I'm one of the supporters that actually support and cheer them on rather than bring them down.

Never shout at the players

This thread needs binned. So many emotions in my head just now.
We're supporters. It's our life. If ye don't wanna go or want to go and give abuse to our team maybe it's not for ye.
I personally can't sleep game to game.
Need back there ASAP.
If you want to give abuse to our players, for what? Not being 3 up in 15 mins or maybe because they wont hit you back.

We have practically the same team as last year, but they are all playing better, more confidence and more relaxed.

There is an argument to be made that they are more relaxed because there isn’t that pressure from the stands to score in the first 10 minutes.
Confidence relaxed and you can see they are really enjoying it.
Also the fans are more relaxed as well.

The pressure and anxiety from the stands has been a factor in my opinion, but it's an abnormal situation the last few years.
We win the league this year, that pressure and anxiety dissapears over night. It's job done, 55 in the bag, good has triumphed over evil, and the pre10d is consigned to the dust bin of history.
If Ibrox has to be empty to achieve it, I think we'd all take the sacrifice.

It's a tricky one. Ibrox at the thirty minute mark and no goals becomes 'restive'. We had players in the last couple of seasons who would become whipping boys for the so-called fans who think effing and blinding at a player will boost him to new levels of skill. It was ugly.
If it gets 55 done I'd be happy with no fans till 20-21.

Yeah, they’re doing just fine without us.

We’ll be back next year for the party!
I didn't read the rest of the thread but you are absolutely right.

I said after we beat A'deen on Aug 1st that we may not have won had Pittodrie been full and I stick with that.

I also said we are a very good training/friendlies team and that the absence of crowds may wel suit us.

Thursday vs Benfica is the litmus test. Big Euro nights spur us on - usually- so I am fascinated to see how we will do.

It’s a pretty sad indictment the amount of Rangers fans saying the team are doing better without the home fans. That may or may not be true but either way the moaning bastards who frequent our games and need to give themselves a shake before they do get back to our home.
It’s pathetic and is one of my own hates when I’m at Ibrox. Just mindless abuse because we haven’t scored in the opening 20 minutes. I always cheer the team on for 90 minutes.

We have practically the same team as last year, but they are all playing better, more confidence and more relaxed.

There is an argument to be made that they are more relaxed because there isn’t that pressure from the stands to score in the first 10 minutes.

People can deny that all they want but Kent’s comments post-Braga last season pretty much confirmed that the pressure gets to them and the fans amp it up big time with their moaning, groaning and in some cases outright abuse, so I’d take no fans this season if it meant them getting that first title in the bag for this squad of players.

We have a better team now
And now we need to be a better support.
I swear to God, there's a guy a couple of seats away from me whose "support" of our team entirely consists of a half dozen vein bulging "that's terrible Rangers" per home game. For the life of me, I don't know why he bothers.
And don't get me started on the subway loyal. Support? My lily white arse.

We have a better team now
And now we need to be a better support.
I swear to God, there's a guy a couple of seats away from me whose "support" of our team entirely consists of a half dozen vein bulging "that's terrible Rangers" per home game. For the life of me, I don't know why he bothers.
And don't get me started on the subway loyal. Support? My lily white arse.

Back