Is it time to start taking Kilmarnock seriously?

If they remain as consistent as they have been since January then they will finish at least 3rd imo.

In the sense that they are a solid team capable of taking points from just about anyone in the division on their day? I already do.

In the sense that they are genuine challengers for the title? No.

No, but I do think odds of 12/1 for them to beat that lot at the weekend is generous.

Kilmarnock's recent record against the Yahoos is better than ours - at least they can actually beat them and don't shite the bed like us.

Kilmarnock's record over the last 12 months in the league is better than ours.

But, aye, Kilmarnock are pish and have no chance. Some great insights again.

Stevie Clarke has done brilliant at Kilmarnock. If they come away from the Piggery with 3 points on Saturday, they should not be ruled out.

Some posters on this thread looked as if they want Killie to beaten on Saturday imo

Last edited:
Fûcking hell, Marie Osmond is a Killie ‘fan.’

SSN just showed her tweeting about them being top and then showed a clip from 5 years ago, singing Paper Roses at a Killie fans do. The audience looked like something from The Hills Have Eyes.

Kilmarnock's recent record against the Yahoos is better than ours - at least they can actually beat them and don't shite the bed like us.

We've probably got the worst record against them out of every other team in the division sadly.

Killie might have more points than anyone else over the last year.

They get points against all the top teams and drop few points against the bottom ones.

We can't ignore them, especially the way we keep suddenly dropping unexpected points.

Yes, if all their players remain fit or they strengthen well in January. If not their squad looks light for a full go at it.

Clarke has them winning and there are no passengers in that team. They all work hard in every game.

Not a dig at Gerrard, but I think if Clarke had our group of players available to him he'd have a lot more points than Kilmarnock currently do.

The rate he's had that team picking up points over an extended period of time is remarkable.

It would read

Killie 78
Tims 78

Surely?

We should take them seriously, by investing in the squad in January and not relying on loanees to mount a title challenge.
I was assuming Celtic took 3 points in game 1/38 mate so if that gets replaced by 0 the it’s 75.

I'd have to agree with this. Do the folk that are writing off Kilmarnock as title challengers see us as title challengers?

He’s done an incredible job there although the brand of football leaves a lot to be desired

Btw bookies offering 11/1 for killie to win Saturday. Way to generous

Killies form since January shows they are clearly a force to be reckoned with

I take their manager seriously, he’s well above Killie’s level.

Their squad still isn’t good enough though.
This is it for me. He was an average EPL manager with West Brom which puts him well above the average manager in this league, and he has got the absolute best out of the squad he has, and has organised them like an old school Arsenal team, albeit at a lower level.

Killie hugely lucked out that a guy like Clarke who is an Ayrshire lad, was down on his luck in England, they couldn’t have gotten close to affording him otherwise

Everyone said that same about Hearts in August. However, what I will say is, Stevie Clarke has worked a minor miracle with them.

I think I heard that from 1 January they are behind behind Celtic only by 3 points, so they have the longevity. Yes, they are an outisde bet for the title.
Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock the 1,2,3 for me at the end of the season.

Not a chance. They've done brillianly well so far but they have that awful pitch as a leveller and have been very fortunate not picking up injuries. Still want them to turn over the mhanks tho at the weekend.

plastic pitch as a leveller
probably don't have every team play their cup final against them with 10 men behind the ball and kicking everything that moves and getting away with it

if it was Rugby Park then they might have had a chance but it will be the usual pumping and back to reality. This isn't any sort of wanting them to get beaten, it's just realistic

Back