Is it time to start taking Kilmarnock seriously?

Clarke was my choice for manager last summer.

More than happy we got SG.

However I would be concerned if he replaced Rodgers. If he can get a load of average players to perform like they have he might be able to do even better with a bigger budget.

As far as I've heard Clarke is wanting rid of that abomination of a plastic pitch by next season too. I remember Stevie Smith saying on RTV a while back that the Kilmarnock players despised it as much as the visiting players.

Still think they will fall away. Would love them to get a point at least at the weekend. Then we take advantage this time on Sunday.

I'd be surprised if there still in contention come the end of the season but theve only lost once in their last 8 games?v Rangers and Celtic in the league. Theve proved they can compete with the top teams in the league consistently.

No it’s silly to think they can win the title, nothing is won in December and the month isn’t over yet. There was a time as a football fan I would have welcomed some other team emerging to challenge the usual two horse dominance but not now. These days I am only interested in us winning things and I just can’t see Killie going all the way and I don’t want to see them do it either as I can’t stand their FANS who are generally bitter wee diddy club arse holes but IF they did manage to win the league then it would be all credit to Clarke and his players but you’d also have to question the standard of the league overall if they won it.

Not really, but . . . it’s December and they’re top, on a fraction of our resources.

Now that points to Clarke being an excellent coach, but is it then fair to say that we should be expecting more from our players and manager?

Admittedly Gerrard doesn’t have Clarke’s experience, but going by his post match comments last night the gaffer clearly feels the players should be better than they have been.

After the final whistle I immediately felt it was a sign we simply lacked the quality to win consistently, but then I saw Kilmarnock above us and thought how the hell have they managed that on a pittance then?

I’m not really having a go at Gerrard - he’s done a remarkable job in a short space of time - and we have to remember Clarke isn’t having to play top class European opponents every other week, but is there an argument to say we could actually have done better?

Kilmarnock also don’t have to play 38 cup finals so don’t forget that element to it which is unique to Rangers and Rangers only.

I hope Clark gets an offer from England soon as I do not want him replacing the tranny when Gerrard sees him off, he is a really good manager IMO.

Kilmarnock have as much chance as St Mirren have.

Bullshit, they haven’t lost to the mentally challengeds in the last 4 games they have already drawn at Ibrox this season they may not win the league but to dismiss them so blithely is absurd. Their form over the last 38 games makes it stupid to dismiss them.

Think they will fall away, but Clarke is certainly put himself in the frame for the Tranny sh*ggers job & he'll also suit their price range given all the potential compen case they face.

Absolutely not. If they take 27 points from the next ten games I'll start to consider them. Until then they're just another shower of shite who hit a purple patch, like hearts at start of the season

I hope Clark gets an offer from England soon as I do not want him replacing the tranny when Gerrard sees him off, he is a really good manager IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how Clarke does once the onus is on his team to come out and win games.

They've got a decent run of games after Saturday: Dundee (H), Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A), St.Mirren (H). I hope they're still in the mix once we go into the Winter break.

I reckon they will finish third, they are a quality team by SPL standards, and very hard to beat. On a match by match level of course they must be taken seriously, but really we have to take all opposition seriously. It's been that way for years, we cannot expect to win a game by just turning up, our number one enemy this season is not just brenda's mob, but complacency

Kilmarnock have as much chance as St Mirren have.
What absolute nonsense.

Killie are top of the league for a reason, Clarke is a very astute manager who has never EVER lost a game to Rogers here or in England. He sets his teams up like Walter Smith, ie very defensively sound, even when they get beat they very rarely get skelped.

He has them playing as a team, for the jersey and to their strengths.

It’s a gallant effort so far , and if it continues then fair play.

If we can’t win the league then I’d rather they did over the scum any day .

What absolute nonsense.

Killie are top of the league for a reason, Clarke is a very astute manager who has never EVER lost a game to Rogers here or in England. He sets his teams up like Walter Smith, ie very defensively sound, even when they get beat they very rarely get skelped.
You cannot argue with what Clarke has managed to do at Kilmarnock.
He has probably been the Scottish manager of 2018.

Two things may happen, one he is offered a decent job in England or he stays and takes over the Filth when Rodgers leaves.
I can't see him continuing for too long at Rugby Park because his performance will be attracting suitors from financially stronger teams who need a coach who knows what he is doing and Clarke certainly does.

Look how quickly Hearts have fallen and they were top last month. All it takes is an injury to a key player or two then they'll struggle. You need to have a bit of luck on your side too.

What Clarke has achieved at Kilmarnock is nothing short of remarkable. They have consistently picked up points against every team in the league and there is nothing to suggest this is going to stop any time soon. I think Clarke is a shoe-in to be offered the mentally challenged job when Brenda leaves, possibly at the end of this season, and if that happens our quest to win the league becomes much harder imo.

On Sunday we went top and despite games in hand you'd have thought we'd have won it.

Kilmarnock are currently top and as we have known over the years points on the board are much much much better than games in hand.

Looking at their form since Clarke took over they are certainly not a diddy mob. (think they are only 3 points behind Celtic in a time scale table? Read that somewhere or something to that effect) They have a young squad with a good amount of experience in there too (more championships than us?)

They play Celtic away this weekend and coming away with a point or 3 would really show they are in this race. Never really considered them as contenders yet this season as they have seemed to have just plodded along and I assumed their purple patch from the end of last year was over.

No

If we weren’t so disrespectful of other teams, there’d be a lot less hysterics on here when we fail to win a game 5-0 with the opposition barely getting a touch of the ball

Not a hope in hell, would be great though. Likely a 3rd place finish for Kilmarnock which of course their fans will be lapping up.

If they get a result at Parkhead this weekend then things might change. I think they’ll get turned over though. I can see a comfortable 3-0 win for Celtic

These mugs managed a draw against us, shows there’s still a lot of investment in the team required.

I was told on here last year that Clarke suffered from second season syndrome and would be unable to replicate his early success.

With him in charge last year we certainly wouldn't have finished third and got humped out of the cup on two occasions.

Back