Is lawrance shankland one we should have picked up

Who were Dundee Utd playing in those games?

Did they have 10 defenders camped on their 18yrd box?
Or was it European opposition?
Did they win all those games or was a couple of draws or a defeat acceptable?

bn8IFCj.gif

never seen him play, but would be surprised if he has the quality needed, but I guess you never know

A good bluenose, but basically a very good Championship goalscorer.

We have 2 strikers on a totally different planet from that level.

Okay I'll bite, will he end up at the top end of the EPL or play for Hearts?

He's a far better player than people on here give him credit for. He'll shut mouths and go on to carve out a very decent career for himself.If he keeps banging them in then there's no reason why he can't sign for his boyhood heroes one day.

He’s found his level,no better than hardie who we’ve just let go.
Don’t know what you would even think he’s our standard.
Bizarre
How who said he was our standard... Before you start jumping down on anyone that posts a speculative question take a step back off your high horse... It was theoretical to gauge ipinion as he,s started well...

He's a far better player than people on here give him credit for. He'll shut mouths and go on to carve out a very decent career for himself.If he keeps banging them in then there's no reason why he can't sign for his boyhood heroes one day.

I have to disagree mate, he'll be 24 next month and his highlight is scoring for Ayr. I reckon he's found his level at Dundee Hibs.

Truthfully I don't know what wages he,s on or whether he would have been good enough for us but I started checking his stats last year when he professed his love for us.. As I do with any rangers minded players... And I thought he was progressing he was 1in3 at 19 1in2 by 21 and 1per game by 22...scored 5 in one game against Dundee utd and scored against a few spl teams already.... This is not a endorsement only an observation..

Like Nicky Clark, he will dominate in the lower leagues with other teams due to being more open games. With Rangers you're playing 11 men behind the ball the majority of the time.

Unless we get booted back down to the 3rd division again, I think the chances of that are extremely slim.

Could see him maybe being a striker for Hibs or Hearts at his peak. If we signed him, we would be paying wages for someone who wouldn't feature. Like at all, except maybe in a cup game. Lafferty was well below par for the standard we seek, I don't see Shankland being an improvement on him at all tbh

Will he?? He’s scored 60 goals playing for lower level teams in shite leagues in six/seven years of his mediocre career to date. He’s played in the premier league with Aberdeen and got released. Hes never shown anything in any games he’s played at Ibrox with Aberdeen or Ayr.....not one flash or bit of skill! Stop flogging this dead horse......he’s 24 and we’ve let better players go than him!! Good luck to the boy but there’s no way is he Rangers material.......never in a month of Sunday’s!

Until he scores more goals than our forwards against the sane opposition, then no, it doesn't matter we didn't get him.

Once he does outdo our forwards, then yeah we should have got him!

:)

Back