Is lawrance shankland one we should have picked up

We are aiming to win the league and go on another European run. Shankland is playing in the Scottish first division. We are on a different level to non entities like him.

He is very good and proven at that level. But I just can’t see him being good enough for our squad, never mind first 11.

I could see this being a valid question if he’d moved to another premiership team and was suddenly banging in the goals but the fact no one made a move for him at this level is very telling.

How who said he was our standard... Before you start jumping down on anyone that posts a speculative question take a step back off your high horse... It was theoretical to gauge ipinion as he,s started well...
He’s started well for scumdee in championship..well not championship the league cup.he’s nowhere near the level required and I’m not jumping down anyoones throat I’m just stating facts.

Playing for a diddy team in a shit league against crap teams.Wish him well but probably playing at his level.Wish his team nothing but failure and bankruptcy right enough.

Don’t know what you would even think he’s our standard. Bizarre... your words... Never once said that.. so you jumped in with telepathic knowledge of my thoughts...must be great being able to speak for everyone...

bn8IFCj.gif

This.

Christ. How many days away are we from someone suggesting we re-sign Stephen Dobbie?

I know someone did on the Heart and Hand Daily Update.

Lawrence Shankland chose to go to Dundee United despite him being heavily linked with clubs down in England. That speaks volumes to me.

It is OK to be saying NAH we have Alfredo and Jermaine but, seriously, both of those could be gone by next summer if not before and what are we left with ?

Yeah he has no experience at our level but, there again, he sticks the ball away but hasn't had the opportunity of playing with a GRFC team which could have made a huge difference.

Last edited:
Its Dundee United mate. If he was better than that level, he’d be at a better level.

Not quite sure i understand this point.... does that mean our players like alfie and tav or AM are not epl level and what if skankland fires in plenty of goals and moves during the winter break ? and he probably will score plenty.

i dont get all this level stuff its odd.

We are aiming to win the league and go on another European run. Shankland is playing in the Scottish first division. We are on a different level to non entities like him.

Having another goalscorer that knows the scottish game and wouldnt expect to play every week would help us to win the league and maybe even in europe too. Tav was playing in the championship when pundits were writing him off and saying he was nothing special and cannot defend. We should understand the "levels" better than most.

I dont get the nasty stuff towards the lad hes a Rangers supporter.

Christ. How many days away are we from someone suggesting we re-sign Stephen Dobbie?

I know someone did on the Heart and Hand Daily Update.

Lawrence Shankland chose to go to Dundee United despite him being heavily linked with clubs down in England. That speaks volumes to me.
Absolutely right.

It is OK to be saying NAH we have Alfredo and Jermaine but, seriously, both of those could be gone by next summer if not before and what are we left with ?

Yeah he has no experience at our level but, there again, he sticks the away but hasn't had the opportunity of playing with a GRFC team which could have made a huge difference.
Raise your standards ffs!

We’re no longer playing in the lower leagues.

No but i would have thought a lower SPFL team would have picked hin up. St Johnstone for example could do with a player that could take his chances

Lawrence shankland would be another Nicky Clark. Great in the championship. Shite in the premiership. He's at his level with the team he's at now

He is the type of player we should have signed when we were in the 3rd division

He’s a decent goal scorer at that level but so was Cummings and he’s not good enough either.

Jason Cummings was another who scored at that level but hardly got a game in England and now has been released I believe.

Not quite sure i understand this point.... does that mean our players like alfie and tav or AM are not epl level and what if skankland fires in plenty of goals and moves during the winter break ? and he probably will score plenty.

Shankland has already played in the SPFL Prem. he wasn’t good enough.

Remember when we signed Nicky Clarke and he wasn’t as good as we thought?

Id get it if he was mis-firing but you can only beat what's in front of you... The lads scoring on average goal a game for the last 10 months
I think he could potentially reach our level but is not at it at the moment unfortunately
That's the thing if he keeps pushing and banging them in who nows what level he could play at some guys are late developer's others rise to the challenge of playing for the team they love... Look at Docherty the same people that probably didn't fancy him last year.. Shouting from the rooftops this year.. Time will tell.... The gaffer probably had a good look at him so we must be going down a different path... Wish him well.. but not while he wears the Dundee utd colours...

Why is this thread even active

Thread number 30 on should we sign Shankland !!

Back