Is lawrance shankland one we should have picked up

If we were to draw them in the League Cup i hope we absolutely demolish the cunts, and make it as hostile if we were playing the scum.

Is this some other Lawrence? The one known as Shankland stands over 6ft and I doubt has been called 'wee man' ever.

He is wee Lawrence as his dad is named Lawrence too. And yeah he has been called wee man plenty of times by friends and family

I'd have taken him as our third choice striker! Was surprised he never got a bigger move, sure he will next season

been over this course before with the likes of nicky clark ,david templeton ,fran sandaza, and others,decent enough at a certain level ,but nowhere near good enough for our team

Clearly some folk know him or the family but let's break this down very simply.

He has moved from a championship side to a side in that very same league. The only spl team that showed interest was a team now in said championship. Not one spl team was even interested, why would we be?

Jesus the amount of players trying to get a move to Rangers by starting threads about themselves on FF these days

Clearly some folk know him or the family but let's break this down very simply.

He has moved from a championship side to a side in that very same league. The only spl team that showed interest was a team now in said championship. Not one spl team was even interested, why would we be?

Maybe theres quite a lot of pesh premiership managers that think aye but hes only dain it against inverness and partick its not quite st j or st mirren. Our league isnt exactly full of attacking managers that like to entertain either.

I am surprised that hes went to utd right enough but then they are probably as big a club as most of the sides in the top league, Maybe they have more money for wages ?

Id bet on Shakland to keep scoring and move on again pretty soon, id also suggest he should be in the Scotland squad but again our national manager is also pretty negative and i guess picking someone from the 2nd div would be slightly controversial.

Last edited:
Shankland has already played in the SPFL Prem. he wasn’t good enough.

Remember when we signed Nicky Clarke and he wasn’t as good as we thought?

He seems to be the only player in world football that cant have a short spell in his career which didnt work out.

Do we know he was even rubbish up there or is it just the usual stats stuff.

And if his Aberdeen stats are so important why ignore the stats now ?

You could also say remember when we signed dozens of foreign guys for lots of money and it didnt work out at Ibrox what Clark done or didnt do means 0.

He seems to be the only player in world football that cant have a short spell in his career which didnt work out.

Do we know he was even rubbish up there or is it just the usual stats stuff.

And if his Aberdeen stats are so important why ignore the stats now ?

You could also say remember when we signed dozens of foreign for lots of money and it didnt work out at Ibrox what Clark done or didnt do means 0.
Have you ever watched him play?

Maybe theres quite a lot of pesh premiership managers that think aye but hes only dain it against inverness and partick its not quite st j or st mirren. Our league isnt exactly full of attacking managers that like to entertain either.

I am surprised that hes went to utd right enough but then they are probably as big a club as most of the sides in the top league, Maybe they have more money for wages ?

Id bet on Shakland to keep scoring and move on again pretty soon, id also suggest he should be in the Scotland squad but again our national manager is also pretty negative and i guess picking someone from the 2nd div would be slightly controversial.
I honestly think you are wrong. Maybe a decent season, maybe an spl team will pick him up if he does , perhaps hell get promoted as sadly.i think they cùnts will this season.

He is never, as yet good enough for us or Scotland although I couldn't give 2 shits who plays badly for them.

Actually frightening some of the stuff you read on here. Going by the suggestions you read on threads some people would be happy with our 3 strikers being: Shankland, Cummings and McBurnie.

Being staunch doesn't win you games. I wish him all the best but at this moment he's miles off what we need.

No.

We need, and will get, and have, far far better than the 2019 version of Kenny Deucher.

Nice banter least wee nicky will be glad hes getting a break.:)

Actually frightening some of the stuff you read on here. Going by the suggestions you read on threads some people would be happy with our 3 strikers being: Shankland, Cummings and McBurnie.

I think he would be good back up there was a lot of posts about Jones saying nowhere near the correct standard or what we need moving forward, 1 or 2 games for us and hes magic. Happens quite often.

Being staunch doesn't win you games. I wish him all the best but at this moment he's miles off what we need.

Being a bit arrogant probably isnt either we have always made these sort of signings even when DA was manager and there was plenty of money being spent... Rangers fans in the squad can never be a bad thing Haliday is one of the managers favs because of his passion.... and if well Shankland is well short at the moment which league or team does he need to sign for to become a good player ? what if his next move is to a wee shitty mob abroad ?

Not for me Nicky Clark and Jason Cummings served as warning for thinking prolific in the Champions doesn’t transfer to the top flight.

Being a bit arrogant probably isnt either we have always made these sort of signings even when DA was manager and there was plenty of money being spent... Rangers fans in the squad can never be a bad thing Haliday is one of the managers favs because of his passion.... and if well Shankland is well short at the moment which league or team does he need to sign for to become a good player ? what if his next move is to a wee shitty mob abroad ?

Your reply about a foreign team makes almost no sense and has absolutely no relevence to the subject. There is no arrogance what so ever in us not signing someone who isn't good enough. What a bizarre logic. Rangers isn't a charity and we don't sign some one because "he's a good bear."

Question: Is he good enough to get in our squad?
Answer: No.

I think we would be the move after his next move for him if he continues to show up well.

Likely something like Dundee United to Aberdeen then possibly us if he shows he can do it.

Let him develop and you never know in the future. Right now though? Not a chance.

Just another Kenny Deuchar, a pile of goals in the lower leagues and will still get few in the top league but not the standard we are looking for.

I think it's because he scored 5 against utd in one game.. Must have scarred them... Negriesque

No but i would have thought a lower SPFL team would have picked hin up. St Johnstone for example could do with a player that could take his chances
The fact that not even one lower premiership team thought he was worth a punt surely says all there needs to be said.

Back