Is McAvennie really this thick?

I once went to a live recording of a BBC radio comedy show McAvennie was on the panel and the answer to the OP ‘s question is a definite, unequivocal, resounding , undoubtedly YES.

A washed up piece of shit commenting on Mr Park, a millionaire a few times over and very successful businessman, affairs.

Stick to your speakers dinners and Open Goal Frank.

know him and played with him from way way back.
OPs headline is spot on.
But he also needs the money.

In the Football Insider today.
Frank McAvennie has slammed Rangers’ “embarrassing” decision to keep fighting the SPFL over their sponsorship with Cinch.

McAvennie is baffult at why Rangers are continuing to fight the league and slammed the club culture of “causing trouble”.

SFA rules mean Rangers can refuse league sponsors that clash with existing deals which, in this case, is Douglas Park’s own used car business. So why is he BAFFULT.

Frankie Boys answer "Just do what you are told and use the sponsor the league has agreed a deal with."
That why they are known in Glasgow as thick Micks?

I quite like watching the Open Goal stuff on YouTube...except when McAvennie is on it. Constantly talks over people, hasn't a clue about the game and just comes across as a daft old ned.
Exactly the same. He’s a Cxnt and I don’t understand why those on the show don’t recognise that and get shot of him.

He is one of the thickest guys around, which is saying something. Nothing he says can ever be taken seriously

McAvennie lost every penny of his football fortune, enough money to keep him for a lifetime. He attributed being conned out the loot by supposed experts telling him what to do.

Now apparently wants Rangers Directors to shut up and do the same.

Not exactly the brightest is Franky bhoy.

Wasn't he trying to claim money from Only an Excuse at 1 point because 1 of the characters was based on him.

I hadn't even read the context of the question to answer "yes, he is". However, now I have read it "yes, he still is and very".

Yes but not as thick as Football Insider if they are actually paying him for his meanderings.

Frank McAvennie has slammed Rangers’ “embarrassing” decision to keep fighting the SPFL over their sponsorship with Cinch.

McAvennie is baffult at why Rangers are continuing to fight the league and slammed the club culture of “causing trouble”.

SFA rules mean Rangers can refuse league sponsors that clash with existing deals which, in this case, is Douglas Park’s own used car business. So why is he BAFFULT.

Frankie Boys answer "Just do what you are told and use the sponsor the league has agreed a deal with."
Frank the days of rangers bending over and doing what the spfl tell us are over

The days of rangers fans getting held to a higher standard than the rest are over

Posted this before but I attempted once to listen to him on open goal (or whatever the thing he does with Si Ferry/Paul Slane is)

He was moaning about Haller at West Ham and seriously was touting Shankland as his replacement.

Baffult indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: Moz
giphy.gif

You could have missed out the part where you explain why you think he is thick and saved a bit of time.

Yes he is!
Met him many moons ago when he tried to get into the club I had on IOM. Him and about six of his hangers on all legless trying to bribe my door staff with tenners ( cheap bastards)
I get called to the door he’s giving it the “Do you know who I am?” large
Me “I know exactly who and what you are and your still not fvcking coming in ! WATP Now fvck away from my door!”
The Do you know who I am patter is just so cringy

Going to McAvennie for a sound bite on contract law.

We truly are through the looking glass now.

I'm sure he would be happy to have someone boot him out his house and do his telt. I mean laws are not rules to follow are they.

I have listened to him speak on the Tim podcast he features on most weeks.
I put him one level above 'special needs'.
There is another Tim on there that allows him to appear cognitively tolerable.

Yes he is!
Met him many moons ago when he tried to get into the club I had on IOM. Him and about six of his hangers on all legless trying to bribe my door staff with tenners ( cheap bastards)
I get called to the door he’s giving it the “Do you know who I am?” large
Me “I know exactly who and what you are and your still not fvcking coming in ! WATP Now fvck away from my door!”
The Do you know who I am patter is just so cringy
Perhaps he was genuinely asking as he'd lost his jacket, the one with his name on the inside label?
:))

I just read the thread title, not your post- answer = he absolutely is thick.

The highlight of my life will always be arresting this clown. Then having to take a witness statement from Andy Goram

Back