Is Michael Beale a tracksuit manager?

Smart or casual?

• Total voters
The Rangers manager wears a shirt and tie.

Gerrard was a tracksuit manager, said he’d rather be in a tracksuit but at Rangers they expect you to be in a shirt and tie.

The Rangers manager wears a shirt and tie.

Gerrard was a tracksuit manager, said he’d rather be in a tracksuit but at Rangers they expect you to be in a shirt and tie.
Unless Villa were big on it which I don’t know he carried it offer he left I can’t remember seeing him in a tracksuit for an EPL game

Not a chance he'll be wearing a tracksuit against Hibs. He knows the club's standards and seems intent on keeping them going by his interviews.

Wouldn’t bother me if he didn’t. The players used to have to turn up for training in a collar and tie but that changed and we survived.

That would have to have been some tailor!

CAN0j5FW8AARx6K.jpg
I don't know why I find this so funny, I'd look the exact same, or worse!

Just a bump...

First home game of the season and the players wore tracksuits to the game.

This went against a tradition that Michael Beale brought back in that players are suited and booted for home games.

Has it been a change of stance or uniformed stance until all the new boys are measured and supplied with club suit?

Just a bump...

First home game of the season and the players wore tracksuits to the game.

This went against a tradition that Michael Beale brought back in that players are suited and booted for home games.

Has it been a change of stance or uniformed stance until all the new boys are measured and supplied with club suit?
Email the club m8. The first time I saw super turn up in a tracksuit I knew it was over for him . We need to set standards and stick to them.

Doesn't matter right now. If the players wear suits then go out and play like they did against Killie 5-6 all the tradition in the world is hardly a consolation for being 2nd best.

As far as playing stuff go, at this moment in time all the energy we have to spare should be focused on forging a team capable of winning the league title. Anything outside of that is a gimmick.

Get back on top in Scotland then we can reassert other values.

It’s either shirt & tie or tieless jumpered, never combining the 3 as he did to everyone’s horror yesterday.

Problem is he’s got a huge belly which is shown up by tracksuits and he can’t just wear a shirt for the same reason.

Problems only a diet can fix.
Gok Wan styling guru please step forward

Don’t mind the players wearing tracksuits. The manager should always look professional though during competitive fixtures.

It's up to him. I think people of a certain age look better in smarter clothes though. Trackie is fine in the house but out in public?

Beale like Gio and Gerrard before him talked about suits etc but any opportunity not to wear them friendlies / pre season etc they took so tells it’s own story. It’s an archaic lot of old nonsense.
Each to their own, Colin. Personally I like the smart nature of a suit and tie. Maybe it’s a generational thing.

It’s either shirt & tie or tieless jumpered, never combining the 3 as he did to everyone’s horror yesterday.

Problem is he’s got a huge belly which is shown up by tracksuits and he can’t just wear a shirt for the same reason.

Problems only a diet can fix.
The irony of you having a picture of the man you just slated mercilessly on your avatar, better watch his belly doesn't take your eye out. I think you need to get a life if you were horrified by such nonsense, what a brass neck. Shocking post about a Rangers manager.

Each to their own, Colin. Personally I like the smart nature of a suit and tie. Maybe it’s a generational thing.
Could be.

I just see manager after manager not really wanting it but feeling forced to and doesn’t sit right with me. Hardly anyone wears a suit to work these days. The idea that sports people do is mental to me.

The irony of you having a picture of the man you just slated mercilessly on your avatar, better watch his belly doesn't take your eye out. I think you need to get a life if you were horrified by such nonsense, what a brass neck. Shocking post about a Rangers manager.

Wow, what a needlessly nasty post. Says more about you.
You do realise it was a joke, right?

I mean... right?

He's trying to cut corners with this shite zip funnel neck number that he wears.

Get your shit sorted Mick, but before that sort Dessers out first eh!

Could be.

I just see manager after manager not really wanting it but feeling forced to and doesn’t sit right with me. Hardly anyone wears a suit to work these days. The idea that sports people do is mental to me.
You just don't look good in a suit do you?

Could be.

But hopefully they don't turn up in trackies :D
Bloke I work with I only ever see on Teams. He dresses smart casual up top but you can ALWAYS see a Castore logo.

Beale like Gio and Gerrard before him talked about suits etc but any opportunity not to wear them friendlies / pre season etc they took so tells it’s own story. It’s an archaic lot of old nonsense.

Gio had a suit on in Seville.

I nearly had heatstroke looking at him.

What you are saying is actually a lot of nonsense. Gio wore a suit and/or very smart at Feyenoord and Gerrard done the same at Villa - both clubs who probably don't have the same unwritten rule.

Pre season and friendlies aren't as formal, hence the tracksuit. McCoist, who is well versed in the traditions of the club done the same.

How many goals has the suit or the tie scored?
It’s all about creating an aura of superiority that gets in the mind of other teams, and I would say the players showing up in suits contributes to that in a way. Maybe even sets the tone for our own players.

All these things can help in some small way.

Back