Is Michael Beale a tracksuit manager?

Smart or casual?

• Total voters
Or will he live up to the standards set by so many before him and dress to impress?

You'd like to think it will be the latter.

The poll is up....
Heard a story that it was written into Gerard’s contract…must be suited at pitchside.

I don't care. Main thing is that he turns out to be a successful manager

As long as we have a team to be proud, I don’t really mind what he wears on the touchline tbh, however pretty sure a football man like Beale will honour the club’s traditions.

Some traditions are enduring.

Regardless of sartorial preference in his earlier life, the Rangers manager must be suited and booted.

Similarly, Celtic could appoint the best-dressed man in the world and he would still be obliged to turn up on matchday wearing some variation of David Hay's mustard tramp's jumper.

These are the standards that must be maintained.

He made his QPR players come into training in suits when he was down there as he wanted to raise professionalism at the club. There is no way he’s a tracksuit manager

You sure about that? Google images shows lots of pictures of him in a tracksuit on the touch line for QPR.

If can cut into Celtics lead and deliver both domestic cups he can run about in the scud for all I care

I would like to answer with two answers.

He will be suited as he knows the standards but I think he would rather be in a tracksuit.

Be good to see the players in a suit on match days again.
I remember when i was younger the players were suited and booted even when signing our autographs before training.
I think the very least regarding this should be suited on matchdays.
was there a reason players stopped wearing shirt/tie daily ?

The manager is the figurehead of the club. Of course it matters that they are well presented. Beale has been suited and booted during his pre-contract visit against Aberdeen.

Standards and tradition is what separates Rangers from the rest of Scotland. If you were just bigger than the rest of the teams up here you’d be that mob across the way.

I won’t be surprised if he’s suited for a while and then switches to the tracksuit and wears the suit in big games like Gerrard did.

Whatever he feels comfortable in , i couldnt give a monkeys what he wears aslong as the team are doing well on the park

I remember when i was younger the players were suited and booted even when signing our autographs before training.
I think the very least regarding this should be suited on matchdays.
was there a reason players stopped wearing shirt/tie daily ?

Probably due to comfort. Apart from cup finals I don't really see the need for the players to arrive in formal attire. I'd rather they arrive relaxed and ready for the game.

I’m pretty confident it must be a clause in the managers contract to be suited and booted.
Obvious exceptions are Gerrard with a jumper on instead of a suit jacket but that was in warmer weather.
If this is indeed a clause as I expect I’m delighted with the club.
Even in this World Cup I cringe when I see managers dressed like they are going out with the lads on a Friday.

He'll be suited and booted until we play the filth when he'll wear a tracksuit in case he starts boxing with they're coaching staff

When he first went to QPR he told the players they need to be suited and booted at home games. Going by a QPR fan on twitter. So it proves he brought a bit of our traditions to QPR which to me shows he will be suited and booted.

Would you complain if he won the title in a tracksuit?
Fūckin right I would. I'd have us still on 55, we can hand that title back as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, I think we should drop back down the divisions if he doesn't wear a suit, teach him a lesson and show him what it means to come from humble beginnings.

Track suits for the training sessions, definitely a suit for match days.
After all, we are Rangers F.C.

Fūckin right I would. I'd have us still on 55, we can hand that title back as far as I'm concerned.

In fact, I think we should drop back down the divisions if he doesn't wear a suit, teach him a lesson and show him what it means to come from humble beginnings.
Maybe a good thing he knows the standards then, I'd hate the think Mick has the fear of tracksuit relegations :rolleyes:

I'd assume that all Rangers managers suits are tailored from a high end clothing company, except when Stuart McCall was in temporary charge.

I'd assume that all Rangers managers suits are tailored from a high end clothing company, except when Stuart McCall was in temporary charge.
That would have to have been some tailor!

CAN0j5FW8AARx6K.jpg

Beale talks about standards and stuff on the pitch he will be fully aware of what the standard is off the pitch for a rangers manager. Fully expecting he will be clean shaven and wearing shirt and tie. Maybe no suit but there will be a jumper and coat

The funny thing with Gerrard is that he envisioned himself as a tracksuit manager before he came to us. However, he wore a suit throughout the entirety of his Villa reign so it’s obvious that our standards at Ibrox had a lasting impact on him.

The guy can wear flip flops & bermuda shorts for all I care aslong as he gives us our club back on the park whilst delivering trophies.

Back