Is Michael Beale over hyped

For all those who have decided they don't like 'this two number 10s' - I take it your alternative is get two out and out wingers and a big lump of a centre forward up top?
Then, just 'get it in the mixer ffs'?

Why spend a fortune on SG and Co anyway, I'm sure Alex Dyer would come for a fraction of the cost.

And might actually pick up more points...

Actually, a bit of tactical flexibility wouldn't go amiss.

It's clearly the biggest difference between the two dugouts in Glasgow.

It's great to talk about "philosophy" when youre Barcelona or Liverpool. When you play in Scotland though, if you lack pragmatism you're not going to win anything. When our system has worked, it's worked well. But you have to change it when it doesn't.

The biggest difference is the strength in squads. They miss keys players and the back up far better and more able than ours.

He’s a Coach, what we need is a manager who can man manage, make unpopular decisions, change games . Too many favourites being shoehorned into the side. Shape and style have gone out the window. Ffs Jo Aribo is an excellent forward but he’s played every position in the side bar goal keeper. Our centre half are as someone described yesterday too hesitant especially in one on one situations with the ball in the air favouring the defender. He could use Edmondson If Katic struggling but chooses to leave him on. Contrast that with wee Dick when Ricksen was having a mare. Think SG has to learn very quickly

I think we sometimes forget who we are playing against, the majority of teams in our league are pish we dont need 2 number 10s and 2 defensive midfielders, sometimes we need to get the ball forward quicker and get men in and around the opposition box
It's not always going to be pretty but against weaker teams we need to be more ruthless and pressure them because they cant cope
We don't have Liverpools squad
Even Liverpool have to grind it out at times. Check how many 1 goal victories they have had since Klopp arrived....

I stated the same in a previous thread today. Couldn't agree more. Screw possession. Have a go. For 90 mins. If we lose the ball, go win it back.

No need for trying what we are trying in Scotland.
I love it when we play the 4-3-3- with a high pressing game when the players are at it,especially in European games where it's most suited.

But on a cold February day in Perth when the pitch and weather conditions aren't great for slick football your Ross McCrorie's and Greg Docherty's of the world have a lot to offer despite not having the ball retention skills of the likes of Jack,Davis or an in form Kamara.

You need horses for courses at times to win the league in Scotland,and I don't think that has sunk in to the staff yet.

Beale is the brains of the operation and that's who Gerrard and the rest of the management team turn too.

Clearly whatever they are working on every week isn't working anymore.

He’s as well as being the manager.

Gerrard sounds like a bit of a numbskull in interviews and today again was sitting with his hands in his pockets while Beale changed it up.

Gerrard is basically the face of what Beale implements.

I've read some shite on here but this really is the shite icing on top of a shite cake at a shite party in shite street.

Its not ones mans fault, its from management right the way through. Yesterdays events for me is simply bad defending.

I love it when we play the 4-3-3- with a high pressing game when the players are at it,especially in European games where it's most suited.

But on a cold February day in Perth when the pitch and weather conditions aren't great for slick football your Ross McCrorie's and Greg Docherty's of the world have a lot to offer despite not having the ball retention skills of the likes of Jack,Davis or an in form Kamara.

You need horses for courses at times to win the league in Scotland,and I don't think that has sunk in to the staff yet.

The horses for courses line was one we spoke about a lot after he got the job initially.

He did go 3-5-2 very briefly early on, but then ditched it and it's more or less been a variation on 4-3-3 ever since.

After Warburton I'm very wary of managers that appear wedded to a purist's version of how the game should be played.

There always has to be room to mix things up, to change things around when the favoured system isn't working. And it isn't.

If there's been any positive to take from the last week or so however it's the option Kamberi has given us up front.

There's been a lot to be encouraged about there and I really hope Gerrard can let go of his preferred formation and gameplan and embrace it.

If not, it's probably only a matter of time before we're looking for another manager.

Reactions: cav
So who exactly is to blame then.
Why does anyone need to be blamed?
It’s a football club, not an exact science where all the ingredients in the correct amounts give the same result every time.

The club and its employees collectively got us to this point and now need to collectively turn it around.

We’ve had everyone from the coach, manager, board, fans, referees and players blamed for our inability to win league matches in 2020. It solves f88k all.

Why does anyone need to be blamed?
It’s a football club, not an exact science where all the ingredients in the correct amounts give the same result every time.

The club and its employees collectively got us to this point and now need to collectively turn it around.

We’ve had everyone from the coach, manager, board, fans, referees and players blamed for our inability to win league matches in 2020. It solves f88k all.
So following your logic kactic wasn,t to blame for the goals yesterday.unfortunately human nature being what it is we always look for someone to blame.

Yeah. Exactly. Possession football is great and required in Europe or against the scum, where losing the ball will kill you.

Against the usual dross, it's not required. We should be having a go and putting lesser skilled players under FAR more pressure than we do.

Reactions: cav
If Beale was coaching the likes of Gerrard, then you have a word class player implementing the plan.
He is coaching 'lesser' players though. We are being beaten by the most basic of tactics. Press this Rangers team, get the ball up to the strikers early and it causes havoc. Tynecastle, Kilmarnock and the weekend, our defence has been a shambles. Those 3 games we have lost Six terrible goals alone.
Where is our defensive midfielder or a third centre half? Making the same mistakes time after time, just isn't good enough.
The tactics, team selection and player development is beyond shambolic.
Yes we have done well in Europe, but we look like having another barren season.
At the very least, there must be an inquest into just where we are heading. The performance of each and every member of staff must be forensically scrutinised.

Beale is apparently the best thing since slice bread on coaching he’s the go to man at Rangers for formations and tactics

here’s his CV which isn’t jumping out as someone who should be in such an important position at first team level

First Team Coach
Michael Beale joins Rangers having previously been at the LFC Academy as the head of coaching for their foundation phase since September 2017.

Beale had previously spent more than four years at the Reds’ youth base in Kirkby, latterly as the manager of the club’s under-23 team.

In December 2016, he decided to take on a new challenge and project as the assistant manager of Sao Paulo in Brazil but he returned to the LFC Academy nine months later.

Beale started his career at Chelsea, who hired him part-time in 2002, and after ten years rising through the Blues’ youth coaching ranks he moved to Liverpool, initially to manage their under-16 side.
I think I’d rather Ian Beale....

He’s as well as being the manager.

Gerrard sounds like a bit of a numbskull in interviews and today again was sitting with his hands in his pockets while Beale changed it up.

Gerrard is basically the face of what Beale implements.
Dearie me.

I think we sometimes forget who we are playing against, the majority of teams in our league are pish we dont need 2 number 10s and 2 defensive midfielders, sometimes we need to get the ball forward quicker and get men in and around the opposition box
It's not always going to be pretty but against weaker teams we need to be more ruthless and pressure them because they cant cope
We don't have Liverpools squad
agree totally.

Its great when we play the football we are capable of but in reality we need players who will contribute goals against shite.

We need more Kris Boyds and less Daniel Cousin's in the standard league games.

I know he has a lot of input with the team . Anyway might be a bit old fashioned but to me just to much put into tactics. Yes must have a system and right type of players to fit the system. Making a change you see them with the iPad showing players what the want ffs they train all week and normally its one for one not changing the system. I realise some players not got a lot up top but come on . End of the day it’s 11 against 11.

Beale has been very vocal about the importance of the individuals recently.

He’s a very clever footballing man. He’s done a few podcasts and I was overwhelmed by his ideas and views of the game. If gerrard becomes a success here and delivers a league title, I’d go as far as giving him a crack at the job.

This place is mental.
Why? No one in life is judged by events when everything suits them and is going their way. Adversity is when you see someone in the best light. Can they swim, or will they sink?

It's perfectly valid to admire his views on football and yet ask what he intends to do about winning the SPL.

The ability to try to murder and shallow grave bury a football team is underrated, as is a free run at unprecedented government loan rates, unprecedented local council land grabs, Commonwealth games funded rebuild, free run at CL money and manipulating an entire league, association, officials and media is equally underrated. I'm sure Beale is top notch for where we are

agree totally.

Its great when we play the football we are capable of but in reality we need players who will contribute goals against shite.

We need more Kris Boyds and less Daniel Cousin's in the standard league games.
I'd take a Cousin off you on a minute right now, physicality is perhaps a road we should pursue

Yet another thread designed to destabilise the club and give the press ammo against us.

Your fooling naebody.
Correct I do glance at post starters and normally a name strikes a bell of recognition, negative threads often don't

We are trying to build and operate a Ferrari to compete and win a stock car race.

It’s great in Europe, but limits us domestically.

Stop over complicating matches against SPL shite, take the shackles off and let the players loose.

that’s an excellent analogy

Ffs. We are now having ago at Michael Beale. Really!
FFS this is just a joke. Let’s get off everyone’s back and get behind the club and the manager and all of the football side generally. Ignore the noise from the media and detractors outside of the club. The other mob have double budget and we are making progress but been a shambles of a side since the new year and they’ve won every game even when they’ve been losing. We’ve been winning and ended up drawing or losing - ultimately that’s the bottom line but as a club we are going in the right direction. This will take time and the media and Celtic minded people outside will try and knock our team constantly so let’s not knock our own.

Back