Is Morelos a Rangers legend?

All those legendary European nights, who can forget.
I can only assume you weren’t born when Gazza played for us if you are serious.

Either that if you were born, I dare say the local looney establishment will be searching for their latest escaped patient

I can only assume you weren’t born when Gazza played for us if you are serious.

Either that if you were born, I dare say the local looney establishment will be searching for their latest escaped patient.

Sure I was born then bud, you enjoyed our performances in Europe then? so much so you can talk me through how Gazza contributed more than Morelos in Europe?

He is the striker who fired us to 55.

a legend for me
He has hit a landmark in his Rangers career that marks him out as a huge part of our history.
The Wee Man also led the line in one of our most famous teams.
He is our top scorer in European football.

He already has a CV worthy of a special status.
I am optimistic that there is more to come.

Sure I was born then bud, you enjoyed our performances in Europe then? so much so you can talk me through how Gazza contributed more than Morelos in Europe?
You’re obsessed with Europe. We got horsed by some of the best teams in Europe back then. IIRC Juve went on to win it the year they smashed us home and away.

Gazza was a huge part of 8 and 9 in a row. Cup finals the lot. Numerous trophies to his name.

As I said, Gazza played for us in the CL against far superior opposition. Morelos has only managed the Europa League and numerous goals came against diddies in qualifiers. However, in the groups he’s been superb for us. This season so far he’s been rotten but the past 3, magic.

I’m not even going to continue responding to you on a comparison with Morelos and Gazza, it’s absolutely ludicrous. It’s not even close. Count their trophies won with us

You’re obsessed with Europe. We got horsed by some of the best teams in Europe back then. IIRC Juve went on to win it the year they smashed us home and away.

Gazza was a huge part of 8 and 9 in a row. Cup finals the lot. Numerous trophies to his name.

As I said, Gazza played for us in the CL against far superior opposition. Morelos has only managed the Europa League and numerous goals came against diddies in qualifiers. However, in the groups he’s been superb for us. This season so far he’s been rotten but the past 3, magic.

I’m not even going to continue responding to you on a comparison with Morelos and Gazza, it’s absolutely ludicrous. It’s not even close. Count their trophies won with us
Last year's trophy counts as one of the most important since the club was formed for so many reasons.
It is the most important trophy since 1972, and the most important league win in my lifetime.
This last period in Europe under Gerrard has been crucial to re-establishing Rangers Football Club back to its original status and Morelos has been fundamental to the entire project.
History will be much kinder to him than this thread.

Gothenburg, Steua, Grasshoppers, Strasbourg and Auxerre were some of the best teams in Europe? You sure about that.

We do play in Europe and it’s a platform our players are judged on, Morelos has done far more on that platform than Gazza ever did in a far worse team in far less favourable circumstance

Gazza won 2 leagues and 2 Cups in 3 seasons in what was comfortably the best team in the league, then blew the next title and was a massive part of that, it’s not “that” great TBH, albeit like Morelos couldn’t help with Cup defeats in games he didn’t play, but the trophy haul, it’s a bit poor given the side he was in really, he didn’t actually play in that many Cup Finals

You’re not really making much of a point here but attempting to be condescending and failing miserably at it, and the points you are making are really weak, it’s a bit of a fail.

Rotten and has recently scored the winning goal in 2 comeback victories, and the only goal in the europa playoff round.

3 incredibly important goals worth 10s of millions of pounds for the future of the club.

We've had numerous strikers over the years. Some of them still get spoken about occasionally. Some of them - like Ally McCoist - get spoken about most days.

In years to come, will we be talking about Morelos every day? Probably not.

I love them all but one trophy isn’t enough for any one of them to be classed as bonafide legends for me.

But then, they won the most important league in my lifetime and they’ll always be remembered for that, so if that’s not the definition of ‘legendary’ then what is?

We've had numerous strikers over the years. Some of them still get spoken about occasionally. Some of them - like Ally McCoist - get spoken about most days.

Paul Le Guen gets spoken about most days I reckon he has a chance

Gothenburg, Steua, Grasshoppers, Strasbourg and Auxerre were some of the best teams in Europe? You sure about that.

We do play in Europe and it’s a platform our players are judged on, Morelos has done far more on that platform than Gazza ever did in a far worse team in far less favourable circumstance

Gazza won 2 leagues and 2 Cups in 3 seasons in what was comfortably the best team in the league, then blew the next title and was a massive part of that, it’s not “that” great TBH, albeit like Morelos couldn’t help with Cup defeats in games he didn’t play, but the trophy haul, it’s a bit poor given the side he was in really, he didn’t actually play in that many Cup Finals

You’re not really making much of a point here but attempting to be condescending and failing miserably at it, and the points you are making are really weak, it’s a bit of a fail.
And yet Morelos missed a penalty and many other chances in our last cup final defeat against that lot ….

Rotten and has recently scored the winning goal in 2 comeback victories, and the only goal in the europa playoff round.

3 incredibly important goals worth 10s of millions of pounds for the future of the club.
Yes rotten.

Let’s not pretend otherwise - this season he has been rotten.

Sure he’s scored a few goals but his performances have been by and large poor. There’s a reason our manager has twice in the last week, made specific comments about Morelos and it’s not been due to him performing well.

He did score the winner yesterday. He also missed numerous superb chances last weekend which was a huge reason why we failed to beat Hearts and dropped 2 points

He can’t help himself mate, great seeing him slapped about like a ginger step-wean in yet another Morelos thread. He just keeps coming back for more. Some “fan”.

I wonder if there’s another fanbase in the world who’d see a striker hit 100 goals and spend the following days trying to pour cold water on it with comparisons against players who were at least bordering on world class, or selectively picking apart his tally and comparing his trophy haul to those who didn’t join a team filled with shite who hadn’t won an SPL title in years.

Others have already called out your post as being mental.

I don’t need to add to it.
Because you can’t :)

Others are capable of making a compelling point but you, can’t, which makes it hard to take what you’re saying as credible

Morelos missed a penalty which cost us a Cup in your eyes, Gazza played his part in costing us a season that fucked up a Cup and League then surely.

I would say so, his goal tally alone speaks volumes.
Who was the last player to hit 100 goal mark, Boyd, Miller?

I think those of a certain age group will he's a hero for them as they have not seen much success.

Gazza blew a penalty at the piggery, he also got himself red carded in an important European tie. It happens, do yourself a favour, put the shovel down and stop digging for once in your life.
The penalty Gazza missed, we still won the game 1-0.

And players being red carded in big games, we’re not going there are we given the many Morelos has racked up

You follow me around threads like a bad smell.

I have literally praised Morelos for hitting 100 goals. I’ve stated numerous times £1m for him has been sensational business. All I’ve said in his thread is that he’s not a legend in my eyes the way Laudrup, Gazza etc are.

I class Morelos on a similar level to Novo. Loved by the fans and has scored some massive goals worth £££

I've always looked at in 4 categories. Played for Rangers.
1.Run of mill guys that can say they played for us. Alex Rae, Gavin Rae,Steven Thompson , Halliday, Dave Mcpherson and the like list is endless.
2 Cult heroes likes of , Novo, Ted McCmin, Marvin Andrews , Graham Roberts etc etc.
3. Rangers Greats. This is where Morelos is imo. Likes of Ian Durrant (only that injury stopped legendary status) Neil McCann, Amoruso, Davie Weir etc etc.
4. Legends. Overused to me this is should really only be used for the truly great. Greig, Gough, Ally (obviously) DJ, Hateley, Baxter, Laudrup etc. Best will in the World Morelos isn't in that conversation for that list of players.
Out of interest where would Ian Ferguson fit into those categories?

The medal collection would point towards Legend but would he be in contention for a greatest’s match day squad?

The penalty Gazza missed, we still won the game 1-0.

And players being red carded in big games, we’re not going there are we given the many Morelos has racked up

You follow me around threads like a bad smell.

I have literally praised Morelos for hitting 100 goals. I’ve stated numerous times £1m for him has been sensational business. All I’ve said in his thread is that he’s not a legend in my eyes the way Laudrup, Gazza etc are.

I class Morelos on a similar level to Novo. Loved by the fans and has scored some massive goals worth £££

Ahhh so because Gazza’s team mates got him out of the proverbial hole that gives him an extra point does it? Christ you really aren’t capable of logical debate on the subject are you.

Yes that’s the reason I mentioned the red card, because you’ve loved talking about Morelos’s indiscipline over the years so it’s funny that while you’re desperately avoiding the other guys questions about Gazza in Europe (because you know full well he’s got you snookered) he just so happened to have cost us in Europe because of a lack of discipline.

You follow the Morelos threads like a bad smell so that’s probably the real issue. And sorry but occasional feint praise through gritted teeth isn’t getting you off the hook here. You’re the type of guy who’ll say ah well Morelos can’t hit penalties because we seen what happened in the league final, ignoring the fact he scored the other spot kick he took and acting as though that one miss means that is definitively crap at penalties; when you’re not keen on a player it’s very much glass half empty.

Then there’s your typical use of hyperbole whenever you’re going after a player you’re not keen on; Morelos has been “woeful”, Patterson was “garbage” against Hibs. You’re nowhere near as discreet as you believe mate, in fact you’re feelings on these players are quite conspicuous.

Ahhh so because Gazza’s team mates got him out of the proverbial hole that gives him an extra point does it? Christ you really aren’t capable of logical debate on the subject are you.

Yes that’s the reason I mentioned the red card, because you’ve loved talking about Morelos’s indiscipline over the years so it’s funny that while you’re desperately avoiding the other guys questions about Gazza in Europe (because you know full well he’s got you snookered) he just so happened to have cost us in Europe because of a lack of discipline.

You follow the Morelos threads like a bad smell so that’s probably the real issue. And sorry but occasional feint praise through gritted teeth isn’t getting you off the hook here. You’re the type of guy who’ll say ah well Morelos can’t hit penalties because we seen what happened in the league final, ignoring the fact he scored the other spot kick he took and acting as though that one miss means that is definitively crap at penalties; when you’re not keen on a player it’s very much glass half empty.

Then there’s your typical use of hyperbole whenever you’re going after a player you’re not keen on; Morelos has been “woeful”, Patterson was “garbage” against Hibs. You’re nowhere near as discreet as you believe mate, in fact you’re feelings on these players are quite conspicuous.
Have you seen him on a Lundstram thread?

Definitely not - he rolls his shorts up too high - signed, Fran Jovic

(Yes he is, no doubt about it - SDR)

Last edited:
The term 'Legend" is used far too loosely these days. We've got guys like Negri, Marvin Andrews being classed as legends which isn't right IMO.

McCoist, Johnstone, Hateley, Johnston, Stein, Parlane, Miller, Boyd, Jelavic, Mols
Ten strikers from the last fifty years I’d have ahead of Morelos.
I couldn’t accept the eleventh best player in any position was deserving of “legendary" status.

Last edited:
100 goals, only the 18th player to reach that number post-war.
Highest ever Club European goal scorer, he will keep adding to his tally probably making it impossible for it to ever be topped.
League winner, arguably for our biggest ever title.

Alfredo Morelos is a Rangers legend.
I wonder how many pre war has scored 100 plus

The term 'Legend" is used far too loosely these days. We've got guys like Negri, Marvin Andrews being classed as legends which isn't right IMO.
I have never in my puff seen anyone refer to Negri as a legend. There’s been a lot of forgiveness for him but never seen him referred to as a legend. He gave us half a season in which we blew 10, I’m not sure why anyone would.

More pish.

I call it as I see it. I don’t excuse certain players poor performances because they’re favourite players of mine

Patterson was pish for 60-70 minutes at home to Hibs. Some will sugar coat it due to their dislike of our captain but it’s true. And I say that as someone that rates Patterson very highly.

I have praised Morelos many times. Not through gritted teeth as you somehow bizarrely claim although whatever makes you feel good about yourself batter in ….

If Morelos is mince, I’ll say so. If he’s good, I’ll say so.

The only argument started in this thread when your mate claimed Morelos done more for Rangers than Gazza.

I have never in my puff seen anyone refer to Negri as a legend. There’s been a lot of forgiveness for him but never seen him referred to as a legend.
Doesn't he do "Rangers legend 5 star events"?

We've also got Rangers Legends gin named after Craig Moore and De Boer etc.

Back