• Yes

Votes: 303 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 67 17.7%

• Total voters

Vamos_buffalo

After them appointing Treacle Teeth yesterday what’s everyone’s thoughts on us winning the league next year.

I’m saying yes as I think they will be in turmoil next season, on and off the park and Lennon will be battling with his own players.

Thoughts?

It really depends to a large extent on what re-building both clubs do over the summer.

I really don't see how people can predict the outcome just now.
We don’t exactly have a re-build to do whereas they do.

We need 3 players to walk into our starting team.

I believe we can but still undecided. Its not the games against them that have cost us this season. Stupid points dropped in games we have been comfortable in, or against lower teams. Really need to find that consistency against the rest of the league.

Next season is the first season I’ve properly believed we can do it. Hopefully we have a good transfer window.

Now that the bigot has been appointed, I think we have got to be favourites to win the league.

It's looking really good for 55 come next May :)

We don’t exactly have a re-build to do whereas they do.

We need 3 players to walk into our starting team.

You don't think three first team starters is re-building.

30% of the starting outfield players.

Or that getting that right will have a major influence on who wins the league.

Fair enough, I disagree.

I genuinely feel we can win it in 2020. Steven Gerrard has learned what we’re up against, he has a squad of players who are starting to gel and the filth have appointed a manager who is a massive downgrade on Rodgers.
Both teams will surely add more quality to their respective squads, but the squad rebuilding is more extensive at the House of Sin.
#55 is on its way !

You don't think three first team starters is re-building.

30% of the starting outfield players.

Or that getting that right will have a major influence on who wins the league.

Fair enough, I disagree.

Sure that maths right?

I said yes because I genuinely think it will be, but also because it has to be. We are in the ascendancy and they have a rebuilding job of sorts. We simply have to take advantage.

That old firm monkey is off our backs, now we need to beat the rest regularly. We won’t be far away

As things stand we are strong favourites.

We’ll never have a better chance. Losing the league would be an utter failure.

The time to accept 2nd best is over now.

We need to get our signings right. I still feel we rely on Kent and morelos far to much and with Kent unlikely coming back we cannot afford any more grezda type signings they need to be of quality and hit the ground running we have a good core though I belive we can do it

If we don’t win it there will be serious questions asked. We’re capable, do some good business in the summer window and we will get it.

If we were to lose Kent, Morelos and Tav it would be a monumental task. We would need to re invest all that money from Tav and Morelos on genuine quality. I do trust Gerrard though

After them appointing Treacle Teeth yesterday what’s everyone’s thoughts on us winning the league next year.

I’m saying yes as I think they will be in turmoil next season, on and off the park and Lennon will be battling with his own players.

Thoughts?

Is the pope a catholic?

If we were to lose Kent, Morelos and Tav it would be a monumental task. We would need to re invest all that money from Tav and Morelos on genuine quality. I do trust Gerrard though

I agree, which is why I don't understand people saying things like "strong favourite" without even knowing who is going to be in the team, or theirs.

We have a dam good chance and especially if they keep Lennon and maybe lose Forrest or McGregor on top of that.

I was desperate for them to appoint him, while understanding it probably wouldn't happen.

I still don't believe they've done it, it's going to prove to be a huge error of judgement by their board, and I truly believe we're now in a good place to exploit it, especially if we can get a couple of really good players in to add to the core we now have.

This summer is huge for us , if we can hold on to players like Tav and add a bit more quality we won’t be far off.

Yes. It simply has to be.

Our recruitment this summer is going to be key. Once that is done the next thing is consistency. Gerrard also needs to learn from his mistakes (in particular breaking up the centre back pairing)

I think we'll do it.

I think they will spend big and they will not want to make the mistake we made for 10 in a row and be complacent. The good news is that Lennon is a crazy appointment and it could go one way or the other.

Our board will need to meet any challenge that they put up and I would love for a war chest to be available but not to show our hand too early.

M1Lt176.gif

Probably :)

Reactions: VGM
The poll figures are giving me the fear.

Reminds me of the " Going For 55 " fiasco after we signed Joey Barton.

Celtic will still be favourites, but if we add a bit of quality to what we already have then we're in with a shout.

Last edited:
Appointing lennon and giving Scott brown an extention will be there downfall. If it doesn't go lenons way he'll implode and he won't drop brown who is their weekest link

We still need to bring in that little bit of extra quality to be confident of besting the breasts next season. The signings thus far - Hastie, Jones, and Stewart, and the possible additions of Edmundson, and Souttar, will certainly make our bench stronger and solidify the squad. But without some genuine upgrades - especially in midfield - and if Morales leaves - in the striking role, i fear we might fall a little short next season. Remember TLB, will also be seeking to strengthen his team

We dont know if we will have morelos, tav , or kent, 3 big losses if they go, and no guarantee whoever we do bring in will be better, overall I would like to think we will have a much better squad to rely on (we must get rid of about a dozen) but still not sure if we will have the quality req. They have more money to spend than us and its wishful thinking that there buys will be less successful than ours. I'm still in the no camp until I see us actually picking up 3 points away from home at Hibs kilmarnock etc. I've always thought it would be right into the last year of SG contract before we had a realistic chance of winning the league again and that will be down to who they buy as well.Its just so easy to come on here and join the bandwagon and say Lennon has got the job 55 is ours without looking at the bigger picture. A cup and a closely run challenge for the title is what I expect. Ps and another season off outrageous refereeing decisions worry me as well, we very rarely get a 50/50 in our favour, I'm convinced if that was morelos yesterday for the penalty they got he would have got booked for diving that is what we may be up against as well !

Last edited:
We still need to bring in that little bit of extra quality to be confident of besting the breasts next season. The signings thus far - Hastie, Jones, and Stewart, and the possible additions of Edmundson, and Souttar, will certainly make our bench stronger and solidify the squad. But without some genuine upgrades - especially in midfield - and if Morales leaves - in the striking role, i fear we might fall a little short next season. Remember TLB, will also be seeking to strengthen his team

I just don't get why so many of our supporters and commentators can't get Alfie's name right.

It's f.ucking annoying.

Its just so easy to come on here and join the bandwagon and say Lennon has got the job 55 is ours without looking at the bigger picture. A cup and a closely run challenge for the title is what I expect.

We've even got posters telling us we're favourites.

Like it or not, we're still the team with it all to do.

We've even got posters telling us we're favourites.

Like it or not, we're still the team with it all to do.

And they have the money to spend if they choose to do it. They won't have to sell their better players in order to finance the new ones coming in.

I would also imagine that their new manager will be getting paid substantially less than the one who walked out on them.

Player recruitment is vital.
need to win League Cup in December and i believe we'll win league.
Consistency is key.

Back