Is 55 coming home next season?

• Yes

Votes: 303 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 67 17.7%

• Total voters
We don’t exactly have a re-build to do whereas they do.

We need 3 players to walk into our starting team.
I tend to agree with this.
Mcgregor
Tav goldson katic ?
Davis jack kamara
Arfield
? ? ( Defoe possibly)
Would that be a team to win 55.?

I dont see any of the 'new' recruits so far being first picks.

I started my current job when we were 10 points clear, then the wheels came off and the league tumble happened...next Monday I start a new job.

It's a sign, where I work now I've had to wear green for over 7 years and the universe didn't like it. It's sorted now.

If the ref issue is finally dealt with, we have more than a good chance. Anything else and we're second again as the Sheep are done.
Referees and trial by sportscene are going to be the major deciders next srsdo
If the ref issue is finally dealt with, we have more than a good chance. Anything else and we're second again as the Sheep are done.
Refereeing issues and trial by sportscene will be far more influential than how we play.

Needs addressed urgently or we'll have no chance.

Think a lot of posters are getting a bit carried away. Hate to dampen their enthusiasm but I have to say …………… Of course we're going to goddam win the League! Come on the teddy bears!

See how summer goes. Certainly feel more confident about it than I did last season, though.

They’ve had their fun and a free reign. It’s our time now. We must push ahead and recruit well though, quality over quantity.

I ment with us needing just 3 players. Think we need a couple more than that I think

I'm not sure how I was supposed to get that from.

"Sure that maths right?"

Three was also someone else's figure, not mine. I was just replying to it.

If we win 55 will the match thread be named the FF love island??

Here's to some love and the express train arriving at its destination

Choo Choo #55

The manager and team BELIEVE we can do it for the first time since 2011. Plus we have no fear of the filth. We’ll be champs this time next year.

For a period of time Gerrard became the tinker man and for that we lost serious ground in the league. For what it's worth we had an excellent chance to win it this year but January was a horrific month for us.

To win this time we need up to 4 first team starters, Jack - Candieas - left back - striker positions need filled.

All depends on the transfer window imo and if we can hold on to certain players. This will be the best opportunity with sh*tebag in charge of them. He won’t attract players to the piggery.
It’s definitely looking more promising than previous seasons and with paedogate looming over they c*nts. They have obviously gone for a Celtic man to manage them as I believe nobody else with a good reputation would go near them. Hopefully this is the one ;)

I said yes, because we have to.

For the first time everything is in our hands.

They’ve appointed the manager we wanted.

They need a lot of new signings.

We have a settled fan base, manager, squad and really whole club which we haven’t had in years.

Our predicament is getting in the quality in which enhances our first 11.

I don’t think we are far off now, but we can’t be complacent and still need quality in.

This is our chance.

I dont give a fvck about Lennon and that shower over there. Or who they bring in. Our team and management have had a year to learn and gel. They are far better equipped for next season no matter what. We keep our players, we fvcking batter them next year. They are sh!te. We have a proper manager and proper footballers. We win this league next season whether its popcorn teeth, brenda or rafa in charge of that lot. Bring it on.

If we sell lose teonout of tav, alfie and kent then we will struggle to win it unless we bring in first team replacemts of equal quality. If we can keep those three then its a strong possibility

At this moment, it feels for the first time like next season we have a real chance.

All depends what happens in the transfer window though.

The transfer window will be massive -
it's not as if we strengthen & everyone else - including them - stand still -

Although I can't imagine TLB's 'charisma' is liable to attract many players weighing up more than one offer - but there's still a good chance they'll improve their line-up.

A lot may also depend on what sort of attitude we can generate in our squad including any additions

IMO too many points were dropped last season when we couldn't adopt a winning mentality & more than once we could have clawed back points lost - if we'd had more commitment & belief

So I hope we can add a couple of classy players - & the whole squad, management & backroom staff, top to bottom really believe & apply the determination winners need.

Can we have a “Can everyone stop getting so f*cking carried away with themselves” option?

80% of people who have voted have said Yes, before any serious transfer business has been done and the teams for next season are know.

I simply don't understand that, though to be fair I don't understand the No vote either. For the same reasons.

Referees and trial by sportscene are going to be the major deciders next srsdo

Refereeing issues and trial by sportscene will be far more influential than how we play.

Needs addressed urgently or we'll have no chance.
This is tim style bullshit. It’s not the ref’s fault for Morelos lashing out constantly. It’s not the ref’s fault that we couldn’t beat 10 man dundee, lost to 10 man sheep at Ibrox, Sadiq diving against the sheep in the league cup semi, not being able to beat st johnstone at home, 2 draws and 2 losses to killie in the league. You can point out refereeing mistakes and our players getting cited. Yes, it doesn’t help us but to say it’s a more pressing concern than our lack of squad depth and inability to break teams down is absurd.

We need to be consistent. No good beating Celtic then drawing the next two then loosing one. We need to keep the pressure on and win every league game possible.

The first league game after the winter break, Gerrard shoehorned an unfit Davis and Defoe into the starting 11, which for me was a huge mistake. Kilmarnock beat us and it took a while to fully recover/get over it and by that time the mentally challengeds started to pull away.
The business in the summer will be massive but don't underestimate the importance of the january transfer window and the winter break. If we're level or 1 point ahead/behind them after the winter break,and Lennon is still there then we'll win the league. He simply cannot handle a title race, at least one with even the slightest amount of pressure involved.

I think we could/should win it next year. There aren’t “strong favourites” either way at this point.

They have the squad which has “been there, done that” for a number of years. They’ve won a lot of trophies and that can’t be ignored. But they’ve had a change of manager. They lost their “talismanic” leader and have appointed a manager who failed to get the better of us on a level playing field until the implosion of 2012. He also didn’t cover himself in glory at either Bolton or the spoonburners. Their squad is also aging and badly in need of a revamp. Their star defender is injury-prone. They have poor CB’s and RB’s. They have McGregor and Forrest in midfield but Brown is past it and is beginning to be found out by the rest of the league and Ntcham & Rogic look to have chucked it. Eduoard looks to blow hot and cold and Griffiths is a basket case.

On the other hand, we have managerial stability. Our squad needs improvement but does not need the kind of overhaul theirs does. If we keep hold of Tavernier and Morelos then we’re looking at upgrades in MF for some creative spark and RB as well as more depth so as not to leave us short when injuries and suspensions bite. However, our squad have won the sum total of diddly-squat so there is still much for them to prove and there needs to be much greater consistency shown, along with the ability to grind out wins when it matters if we are to get over the line.

We’d be tepid favourites if it weren’t for the corrupt and biased media and officials; this is something which WILL cause us to drop points next season unless and until we can be better at fighting our corner and highlighting the corruption. That said, if they get off to a bad start their media cheerleaders will be so butthurt that they’ll get stuck in with no hesitation & no holds barred.

The transfer window will be critical for both clubs. If we get our recruitment right and don’t repeat the mistakes of Grezda, Lafferty and Barisic and if they lose one or more of their star men (Forrest, McGregor, Bhoy Wonder) then we will then be in pole position with a better managerial team, better squad and an organisation which I’d focussed solely on winning football matches & isn’t being distracted by off-field litigation, potential compensation claims and the attendant horrendous negative PR.

I think we will but I also think it will be mighty close. They can still outspend us quite easily if they choose to. It’s all going to be on how well we both recruit. At the minute there isn’t much between our best 11s, but their squad is better than ours.

That being said, I’d much rather have SG in charge than Lennon, if it’s close then having a better manager can swing it.

Undecided, but leaning towards yes.

Gerrard will be a better manager next season. We'll hopefully add 2 or 3 players who can turn draws into wins.

First bit of pressure on the ginger rodent and he'll assault one of his own players.

Definitely have the beginnings of a tingle in my groin area.

Impossible to answer until we know what business both clubs have done over summer. But I do have faith in Gerrard to make the right moves and put us in a right good position.

The results and performances against the rhabids at Ibrox were encouraging, our inconsistency against others was a little alarming though. The first match at Paedodome aside, Rangers proved they could compete against the bheggers. Dropping points in 13 of the other 34 matches was our undoing.
I agree that this transfer window is huge. Three or four quality starters should see us mounting a serious challenge and hopefully #55 is landed, however I'm not making any predictions until the summer business is completed.

I am genuinely excited for next season , SG is no fool and he knows the mistakes made and will learn from them.

All quite stupid until we know how the window pans out for both clubs.
Players out and crucially players in will decide who wins the title.

After them appointing Treacle Teeth yesterday what’s everyone’s thoughts on us winning the league next year.

I’m saying yes as I think they will be in turmoil next season, on and off the park and Lennon will be battling with his own players.

Thoughts?
Fuking guarentee Lenny Lenny fuking Lenny!

I voted 'no' for reverse psychology...

In all seriousness there's no way in telling at this moment in time.

Back