Is our defence good enough to win this league.

Yes if we stop Buggering about with the line up and get a decent Player in front of Tav.
Dropping any player because of a bad performance does nothing for confidence.

Yes if we stop Buggering about with the line up and get a decent Player in front of Tav.
Dropping any player because of a bad performance does nothing for confidence.

If only Candeias trusted in his own ability to get a game more. He’d have been starting most weeks given the dross that was tried and failed last season

We rely too much on Morelos to score for us, to be expected to an extent but hoping Hagi can help out from midfield and it would be good to get someone in on the right who can score 15+.

I posted earlier that I don't have the confidence I'd like in our defence
But I believe the reason for that is their ability to play as a 'unit'

Individual performances- when analyzed- show many silly mistakes - but that's often because they don't properly cover for each other

I know Tav comes in for more criticism than most - & rightly or wrongly- his game has always been based on running down the flanks- yet there's been times the rest of the defence seems surprised at this

Goldson also is prone to errors- & once too often it's because he's out of position either by his own positional sense or because another defender has created a gap

I'm sure we could improve our squad with new defenders- but if all that happens is new faces repeat the same disorganised mistakes without learning to play together as a unit - then new additions won't be the answer- imo

If only Candeias trusted in his own ability to get a game more. He’d have been starting most weeks given the dross that was tried and failed last season
As much as I liked him, Candeias’ goal return was rotten for someone in that position.
Moving him on was the correct decision... moving him on without having a replacement that was better in terms of creating and scoring goals was stupid.

Defence is fine, the midfield and primarily the negative withdrawn tactics have to change. I have the fear on the later.

Yes, we have 4 good centre backs, 2 excellent full backs and a very good keeper. Polster is adequate back up for Tavernier. We need another left back to push Barasic and a keeper to challenge McGregor.

The problem last season was a lack of goals, not our defending.

Back