Is Ryan Kent good enough for England right now?

Our support is totally bipolar. Touting players for call ups to one of the best international teams in the world after a great win.

Wanting everyone sold and conceding the league after a bad result.
Kenty was a waste of money in March lol

Gomez? The centre back?
Gomez is listed as a defender, but is a fundamental component of Liverpool's build-up play, both with his ability to fizz precise, vertical passes into the midfield and forward players, and also effortlessly gliding past opponents on the ball and driving into midfield space to carry the team up the pitch.

I don't want him there. I would prefer we had a team of plyers just outside their national teams and never lost them to injury is shite meaningless games. (Obviously players of certain nationalities that couldnt make their national team would not be good enough but you get my point lol).

If he played for an English premier team am
Nd showing this level of form tgen must enter the managers thoughts that's about it

Gomez is listed as a defender, but is a fundamental component of Liverpool's build-up play, both with his ability to fizz precise, vertical passes into the midfield and forward players, and also effortlessly gliding past opponents on the ball and driving into midfield space to carry the team up the pitch.
He's still a centre back though.

Anyone who thinks Kent is anywhere close to being good enough to get in the England squad, where they are absolutely stacked, is either far too biased or just a little bit daft, and I say that as a big fan of Ryan Kent.

He's behind the likes of Hudson-Odoi who at the moment is nowhere near their team. And probably Harvey Barnes too, who if he played in Scotland would be scoring every week. It's absolutely ridiculous to even think Kent is anywhere close to a call up right now, or anytime soon. He wasn't even ripping up the Championship down there previously, albeit it was a couple of years ago now and he has obviously improved a bit.

If he were to move south then I think he'd have a slight chance of making it. Thats not to say I dont rate him, but he isnt up against much here and the English media take more notice of the EPL than where we are.

If he were to move south then I think he'd have a slight chance of making it. Thats not to say I dont rate him, but he isnt up against much here and the English media take more notice of the EPL than where we are.
He will get a call-up when we are playing in the Premiership in 2022-23!

Before he moved up here he had scored a grand total of 4 goals in England. And a few people think he's making the England squad suddenly? It's absolute madness, even for this forum. Being a wide player he probably wouldn't even get in the England C team, if they had one.

Before he moved up here he had scored a grand total of 4 goals in England. And a few people think he's making the England squad suddenly? It's absolute madness, even for this forum. Being a wide player he probably wouldn't even get in the England C team, if they had one.
Yes he would!

He barely got a kick for their under 21's a few years back. There's probably about 15 players in the EPL that would be chosen ahead of him. Time for some people to start getting realistic.
Can you please list 15 English players that are both right and left footed that are as good as Ryan Kent please?

They do. It's for non-league players.

They do. It's for non-league players.

Well he would get into that. But my original point remains that although he's a good player and is doing very well for us, he's nowhere near England or Premier League level yet, at least for any decent club. I go back to the fact that he was rather ordinary in the Championship when playing for the likes of Barnsley and Coventry. Yes, he's improved since then, but he's still miles away,

Utter nonsense.:rolleyes:

He's not speaking nonsense though is he really? Kent has only ever looked good while playing in the SPL. Even in the Championship in the EPL he was only decent. Though he was a few years younger which has to be acknowledged.

Someone mentioned about a Leeds player (Phillips) getting a call up for England, but his point was nonsense. A holding midfielder is a spot where the England team is seriously lacking, and Phillips is as good as Dier or Rice which are their other options. Top quality wide players they're not.

Hahahahahaha this is like something you’d see on FollowFollow Facebook

Talk like this only increases the value of our players, unlike most former players in the media who do nothing but under value our players

He'll never get a call up playing for us sadly.

It was difficult enough when the likes of Hateley & Walters were playing out their skin and our leagues were on a more equal level.

Is he good enough? Well, playing as he is now and looking at recent England games, yes. It will never happen though.

He's not speaking nonsense though is he really? Kent has only ever looked good while playing in the SPL. Even in the Championship in the EPL he was only decent. Though he was a few years younger which has to be acknowledged.

Someone mentioned about a Leeds player (Phillips) getting a call up for England, but his point was nonsense. A holding midfielder is a spot where the England team is seriously lacking, and Phillips is as good as Dier or Rice which are their other options. Top quality wide players they're not.

Happens all the time on here. People were touting Goldson for a call up a couple of weeks back.

There's plenty of less talented players that have represented England than Kent. Problem is the current England squad is good.

Hudson Odoi has plenty potential and played for England but is young and inconsistent.

Kent could offer as much as him to England just now.

Just my opinion. CHO may well become brilliant but I'd rather have Kent just now.

Not that CHO is a regular or anything

Kent has taken his chance to showcase his talent and I believe he has improved tremendously since arriving here and he must be catching the eyes of those that matter down south.

Did you think Alan Thompson was good enough for England when he was doing well for them?

Because they did, he wasn't and apparently his one performance was pretty funny.

And that's as a big fan of Kent. I'm sure he'll go on to the Premier League and if he continues to progress as he has with us, he could one day be good enough but I'd say it's a bit too soon now.

There's plenty of less talented players that have represented England than Kent. Problem is the current England squad is good.

Hudson Odoi has plenty potential and played for England but is young and inconsistent.

Kent could offer as much as him to England just now.

Just my opinion. CHO may well become brilliant but I'd rather have Kent just now.

Not that CHO is a regular or anything

Hudson-Odoi is far more talented than Ryan Kent, and I'm not discrediting Kent at all. But in regards to natural ability, CHO is head and shoulders better. There's a reason why Bayern wanted him. Can you imagine them for a second them wanting to sign Kent right now?

Hudson-Odoi just needs to leave Chelsea and start playing every week. A club like Everton or even Leeds would be great for him. Kent is doing great for us and he's already a good player. But he has a long, long way to go before ever being considered for England or any top 12 EPL side.

Back