Is saying” a win is a win” really acceptable?

Kennylax15

Another nervy indifferent game where let’s face it, we were poor. It seems we play more of these games lately than really good performances. We should hammer these Diddy teams. We have much better players at every position yet we struggle. Ahhh %^*& it, a win is a win. Lol

On nights like tonight yes. Just think we'll have Aribo, Kent, Arfield, Jack & Roofe all available to start the next match presumably, which is about half a team worth of players who weren't available to start tonight.

Overall though improvements are needed.

All about the context. Perfect conditions and all our best payers available then it's about the performance as well.

Tonight? No Kent, Aribo, Morelos, Davis, Hagi, Helander and Jack, Roofe and Arfield only fit enough for the bench, you get the win any way you can.

Last edited:
At this point of time,. Yes

Its a war. It might not be pretty, but staying ahead and in front of the enemy is key.

Major and prettier battles can be won in due course.

I feel that we are a team who once we find momentum and consistency then we flourish. All these winter breaks and international breaks seem to have an adverse effect on us but hopefully we build up a head of steam again and march onto 56.

No Morelos, Roofe, Kent, Aribo or Arfield in the starting 11. Was always going to be a slug fest against an organised Livi without them. The win is all that matters.

This season we’ve put in more poor performances than good performances

It’s worrying.

Folk will point to the league table but we won’t continue to win games every week playing the way we are

No idea why you're counting the performances under Gerrard and Gio in the same bracket.

Oh wait I've got it. You've found a tenuous way to be a moaning bastard, like you always do.

I feel that we are a team who once we find momentum and consistency then we flourish. All these winter breaks and international breaks seem to have an adverse effect on us but hopefully we build up a head of steam again and march onto 56.
Since the season started I’ve been seeing similar posts

“Just need to find that one game and we’ll be flying”

We’re nearly in February and the season started in August ….

It can’t become a habit though. Last season for a lot of games we were ruthless. Now we’re scrapping by. 3 goals conceded in 10 games at least shows we aren’t struggling defensively. More just not clinical enough infront of goal

Ask yourself the same question in May, or possibly earlier? I swear some fans on here have been born an raised on last year alone o_O many a league trophy or even cup was won in style with similar results along the way with some of our greatest players & managers!!! The big games handle themselves but these stuffy fixtures require 3 points, nothing more.

Watched it back on Sportscene.

Think it just felt worse at the time because we hadn't scored yet and it was freezing and wet. We actually created a decent number of chances to win the game early but it just didn't go our way. Maybe if we had even one of our 3 best players in Kent, Aribo or Morelos playing it would have been different.

I'm not convinced with the way we are going but I'll wait til Gio has his best players back and hopefully an actual decent proper signing or two. Tonight showed we need it.

I don’t think we were that bad tonight.

I don’t remember them having a real chance and if we had a Jermaine Defoe sniffing around the penalty box we would have won 3 or 4 nil. I lost count the number of times the ball went across their 6 yard box and we didn’t have a striker there to put it away.
Agree with this created a ton of chances and thought we played well tbh

No idea why you're counting the performances under Gerrard and Gio in the same bracket.

Oh wait I've got it. You've found a tenuous way to be a moaning bastard, like you always do.
Gerrard’s games this season I’d argue there were more average/poor performances than good

Gio has been in charge for 12 games by my calculations. Of those, I’d say we’ve been average/poor in 6 of those:

Away to Livi
Away to Hibs
Away to Lyon
Home to Dundee Utd
Away to Aberdeen
Home to Livi tonight

At Tynecastle we also had spells where we were very poor and were fortunate not to concede a couple given some of the chances they missed

They’re one of the best coached teams in the league, they’ve taken 5 points from the abusers already this season and we went into the game without Helander, Balogun, Davis, Arfield Aribo, Kent, Morelos and Hagi at least 5 of whom would have played tonight. It’s a very good win.

Since the season started I’ve been seeing similar posts

“Just need to find that one game and we’ll be flying”

We’re nearly in February and the season started in August ….
And we were playing well in Gios first 8 games then the winter break got brought forward and AFCON happened...

Livingston set up to defend and they always do it well. Rarely do they get hammered when they set up like that.

Miserable suit their style also.

We got the win. Second half was better than the first.

I hope Scott Arfield can stay fit, there is always a goal in him.

Another nervy indifferent game where let’s face it, we were poor. It seems we play more of these games lately than really good performances. We should hammer these Diddy teams. We have much better players at every position yet we struggle. Ahhh %^*& it, a win is a win. Lol

Not for idiots on the Internet it isn't.

It can’t become a habit though. Last season for a lot of games we were ruthless. Now we’re scrapping by. 3 goals conceded in 10 games at least shows we aren’t struggling defensively. More just not clinical enough infront of goal

It's not a habit. We were flying before the nonsensical winter break. Lost Aribo, etc, etc, ect. We will find our feet again. Calm doon. Wintry nights and scrappy 3pts like tonight happen.

under the current circumstances and the shape the squad Is in right now I would say yes it is. However, performances are poor and becoming a concern, and to add to that the squad is now weaker and has less options. We absolutely need a few players in this week to strengthen us and give more options, which in turn will also give the rest of the squad a boost.

At the end of the day, if you win every game it's 99% likely that you'll win the league.

Doesn't matter a jot at the end of the day how those wins are achieved, could be 1-0 with an own goal to win it. At the end of it all, Champions.

We take the win and move into Ross County, let’s see where we are after next Wed night

I know another Glasgow team that’s taken 1 point from Livi out of 6 whilst we’ve taken all 6 so far

On nights like tonight yes. Just think we'll have Aribo, Kent, Arfield, Jack & Roofe all available to start the next match presumably, which is about half a team worth of players who weren't available to start tonight.

Overall though improvements are needed.

Saved me some typing there.

And we were playing well in Gios first 8 games then the winter break got brought forward and AFCON happened...
We weren’t playing well in Gio’s first 8 games. Was a very mixed bag of performance levels

In his first 8 games we were average against Livi, atrocious against Hibs and relied on a late penalty, average away to Lyon albeit it was a dead game, and poor at home to Dundee Utd

Reactions: CF4
I don’t think we were that bad tonight.

I don’t remember them having a real chance and if we had a Jermaine Defoe sniffing around the penalty box we would have won 3 or 4 nil. I lost count the number of times the ball went across their 6 yard box and we didn’t have a striker there to put it away.
We weren't terrible tonight, and the weather was a nightmare.

We just seem to look a bit lost in the last 3rd, overplaying it at times, wrong decision at times.. and to be honest livi were very well organized. Good teams struggle against any well organized average team

We do need to get better though, that is clear

We weren’t playing well in Gio’s first 8 games. Was a very mixed bag of performance levels

In his first 8 games we were average against Livi, atrocious against Hibs and relied on a late penalty, average away to Lyon albeit it was a dead game, and poor at home to Dundee Utd
What were the result of those 8 games? I'd rather play shite and win than play Well and lose/draw. We ain't gonna play well in every game. The season is about results, this season might be a close run title race, it might not. Strap yourself in.

Yes it is acceptable. Tonight we are contending with the weather and missing most of our key players in forward areas. If your going to be champions there will be days like this. No one has ever steamrolled ever team in every league match.Even teams like PSG with all at there disposal have struggled in a fair few games.

When we drew at home to Motherwell, won 1-0 away to Dundee only because they missed a penalty, scraped a win at home to 10 man Hibs, drew with Hearts and Aberdeen at home, and scraped a win away against St Mirren was a time to be concerned. That all happened in consecutive games.

Since then, we're sitting on 9 wins and a draw in 10 games. It hasn't always been pretty but we've found a way to not be under much threat at our own end too. It's very effective and if we manage that sort of run in our next 10 games, we canter to the league.

Sometimes, when it's a dark, cold winter's night and pissing down with rain, you just have to take any win. We've had far better title-winning teams produce far worse performances. They're just the nights you tend to forget.

I didn’t think we were that bad tonight for the most part. We created plenty, and if we had a proper striker they would have had three or four goals.

Gerrard’s games this season I’d argue there were more average/poor performances than good

Gio has been in charge for 12 games by my calculations. Of those, I’d say we’ve been average/poor in 6 of those:

Away to Livi
Away to Hibs
Away to Lyon
Home to Dundee Utd
Away to Aberdeen
Home to Livi tonight

At Tynecastle we also had spells where we were very poor and were fortunate not to concede a couple given some of the chances they missed
This is exactly what we need on FF...a "glass half full" guy like yourself!
:rolleyes:

Yes we are in a tight title race and some times winning ugly is required, ive seen better rangers teams than this play worse , important players missing on a shitey rainy and windy midweek night , get the job done and get the 3pts

It's not a habit. We were flying before the nonsensical winter break. Lost Aribo, etc, etc, ect. We will find our feet again. Calm doon. Wintry nights and scrappy 3pts like tonight happen.
The ‘win is a win’ saying I mean. We need to get better. Only the league is pish we’d be punished more for our inconsistencies

When you are missing 4 of your most prolific and important attacking players, then yes it is. Everyone knows performances need to improve, but name a team in world football that looks as good when they've got injury issues and players missing. No such team exists imo. You'll always suffer from a drop off when key players are missing.

Back