Is Sherrif beating Madrid the biggest upset in CL history?

Is Sherrif beating Madrid the biggest upset in CL history?

• Yes

Votes: 534 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 98 15.5%

• Total voters
Just watched the highlights and it was an onslaught from Real Madrid missing all kinds of chance. Sheriff had 2 meaningful attacks but took their chances superbly

it will probably be 0-6 when they next play

Highlights doing them a disservice then, definitely had more than 2 chances.

It's the biggest upset ever if you are just looking at the "prestigiousness" of the clubs. If you are looking at the form of both teams then perhaps not. We are guilty on here of rating teams as "diddy clubs" because of where they are from and never take into account the caliber of player , coaching or scouting network they may have. If Sherrif beat us fans on here would be wanting Gerrard sacked

The only one I can think of as a similar eyebrow raiser was Barcelona 0-4 Dynamo Kiev with Kiev being 3 up at HT with a Shevchenko hat-trick.

That was in a season Barcelona won the league, cup and UEFA Super Cup.

But it was still Dynamo Kiev so I think Sheriff pips it.
Hugh Dallas was the ref that night. Barca had a man sent off 2nd half when it was 3-0.

Liverpool's v Barca is the first thing I thought of. It's close between them and Sheriff.
Great comeback aye, but that was over 2 legs. Different to group matches, plus Liverpool and Barca are 2 giant clubs. Sheriff are clearly minnows.

Reactions: G33
AK Graz beating Liverpool at Anfield in 2004 bust my greatest ever coupon. £2 on a 25 team accumulator, 24 of my picks won and Liverpool let me down.
I have absolutely no memory of that result. Your betting nightmare has helped u remember this, clearly !!!

He did indeed play against us, he is on loan from Progres at the moment. Nice wee bit of history for Luxembourg tonight, the first Luxembourgish player to score in the CL and it is a last minute winner at the Bernabeu!
Luxembourgish ??!! Not a Luxembourger then ???? !!!!

Sorry what?

Sturm Graz 2-0 Rangers is a bigger upset than Sheriff winning in Madrid?

Are you OK?
I didn’t even know Madrid were playing last night. But when we lost to Storm Graz I was shocked that we didn’t come out of that section with the class of players we had back then.

Back