Is the 3-5-2 the solution away from home?

mkgers

As the title suggests do we think that this would help? It would certainly take a lot of defensive responsibility away from Tav and would allow him to focus more on his strength, going forward.

It would also allow us to try Defoe and Alfie in the same system but it might be difficult to incorporate wingers in this set up.

What do you guys think?

No, our side are set up to play with two wide forwards as is shown with the players in the squad.

While it may help cover Tav it would negate a lot of our forward play. Plus you would really require a true number 10 to play that which we don't have.

We struggled to create chances so you want to put an extra centre half in? Sounds great.

No.

Cut out the simple errors, we steal it 0-1.

Any result midweek and a win v Well, everyone is happy again.

Bi polar, loyal.

I dont get why we cant change it is there some sort of rule pep or plopp brought into football that means we need to play that way all the time. When it works and we get in front its fine but in these sort of mad scraps you see in our league its annoying was obvious from start of 2nd half we were not scoring.

If ur playing shite and midfield is doing nothing, like today, may as well put 2 strikers in the middle and get it forward quicker. Maybe it would help tav as hes clearly struggling with confidence.

No as if things could get much worse it was a horrible performance an awful game of football, maybe 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and we sneak a lucky win who knows but id rather we tried it gave it go.

I would like to see Katic and Helander together.

I would like us to try a 3-5-2 again especially away from home but we would need a target man like a Lafferty to play there with Morelos.

I dont get why we cant change it is there some sort of rule pep or plopp brought into football that means we need to play that way all the time. When it works and we get in front its fine but in these sort of mad scraps you see in our league its annoying was obvious from start of 2nd half we were not scoring.

If ur playing shite and midfield is doing nothing, like today, may as well put 2 strikers in the middle and get it forward quicker. Maybe it would help tav as hes clearly struggling with confidence.

No as if things could get much worse it was a horrible performance an awful game of football, maybe 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 and we sneak a lucky win who knows but id rather we tried it gave it go.

100% agree with this. A change in formation is so rare these days but is something that can actually impact the game more than a sub.

I would like to see us be more adaptable and flexible during games. Clearly 433 is our favoured formation but we need to have other shapes we can play for certain situations.

We need to find a formation that allows us to get Defoe and Morelos on the park at the same time in certain situations.

People get caught up so much in having 3 defenders but its hardly like Jack and Davis are getting forward regularly. The bigger issue is that Alfie and Defoe still dont seem to click when playing together, maybe giving them more time together would figure it out but it's been 10 months now

Something needs to change in these away games so I wouldn’t be against the manager trying something different.

Back