Is there anyone not worried?

Yesterday was by far out best performance of the season and it was the finishing that let us down and two outstanding saves from Craig Gordon it has to be said,the double save in the first half from the corner and touching Roofe’s shot onto the post.
last season was a once in a generation season that none of us will ever see again.from my many decades watching Rangers this is what most league campaigns look like.i seen plenty yesterday that makes me think we have more than enough to win the league

For 60+ minutes yesterday we played some great football, the best we have played this season. IF we had taken some of our chances we win easily. We didn't and we pay the price due to a sloppy bit of goalkeeping near the end. I'm not too worried as I still believe we will come good and pull away to win the league comfortably.
We should have been out of sight. Morelos should have had a hattrick for a start.

We played great first half yesterday and we could have been 3 nil up at HT but 2 great saves from Balogun header and an Alfie shot just went wide

We definitely need to be more clinical in front of goal

Alfie miss and a great block by Gordon stopped Kemar scoring a 2nd to kill the game off cost us

It’s frustrating but we are still top of the league but agree we need to sort out more goals and sharpen up in defence

Reactions: Jeb
Aye but Celtic are shit…

They’ve just gone to Aberdeen, Motherwell and won. We couldn’t beat two terrible sides in Hearts and Motherwell at home.

We aren’t scoring goals and this team can’t keep a clean sheet. Obvious concerns. Near on 20 competitive matches into the season and we are still miles off it.

I’m sure some will be along soon enough to come away with the usual talk.
Hearts are one of the form teams. I’d hardly call them terrible. Aberdeen are garbage this year so I’d call them terrible but Hearts are well organised

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Last season is gone and has no bearing on this. It was a one off high and expecting a repeat is folly.

There are problems, the solutions are as yet elusive but the core of the team is really good and we have a Superb Manager.

Worrying is pointless.

Yesterday some passages of play and tempo was actually more like us. It just so happens once again we offered nothing in terms of clinical finishing, when we did Gordon saved them, and the defence is all over the shop struggling with a high ball over the top.

Much better yesterday for me, better decision making and pressing. Finishing and general defending remains poor this season, we will win the league if we play every week like we did yesterday IMO.

If you are not worried by this point then for me you are in denial.
We have seen games where we have played poorly & lost or drawn
We are now seeing games where I think we have played well & we are still dropping points & that is worrying for me as i thought results would change as performances improved but it seems to be much of the same results wise.
There really is no excuses though as in Scotland we have every advantage going over teams we have dropped points to & our European performances & results are maybe a more accurate reflection of where we are right now as a team as we have really struggled against any improved level of opposition.

We are not taking our chances but the good thing is at least we are creating
But, we also seem to gift a goal nearly every game from opposition who have hardly been in the match

Something needs to change as on paper the fixtures recently have suited us & we have still dropped points

We played better yesterday. But still miles off it as far as finishing goes as we have been all season. Defence is still giving away plenty as well. To lose a goal in the last minute is also a concern. If you're not slightly worried by now , it is halfway through October then you're kidding yourself on imo. Still not playing with any consistency. Not scoring many. Not keeping teams out.

We played better yesterday. But still miles off it as far as finishing goes as we have been all season. Defence is still giving away plenty as well. To lose a goal in the last minute is also a concern. If you're not slightly worried by now , it is halfway through October then you're kidding yourself on imo. Still not playing with any consistency. Not scoring many. Not keeping teams out.
Our game management leaves a lot to be desired. Benfica, St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cups, Hamilton away, yesterday. Poor decision making late in games and giving away goals from last minute set pieces is beginning to become a little bit of a curse.

If McGregor doesn’t f@ck up for their goal yesterday, you can half the worriers on this thread. It’s fine margins.
We need to start finishing teams off when we are so dominant.

Hearts are one of the form teams. I’d hardly call them terrible. Aberdeen are garbage this year so I’d call them terrible but Hearts are well organised

Can’t wait to just rock up to Pittodrie and bat Aberdeen aside.

We had enough chances to destroy Hearts yesterday. For 45 minutes they barely got a look in. Even during periods of the 2nd half we should have scored a couple of goals.

We went down to Hibs early doors and a red card came to our rescue.

We struggled with Motherwell at home, they too are garbage. Dundee and St. Johnstone away was a hard watch.

We’ve simply not got going this season and there are obvious concerns. A team that’s not scoring goals and conceding too many.

Our game management leaves a lot to be desired. Benfica, St Mirren and St Johnstone in the cups, Hamilton away, yesterday. Poor decision making late in games and giving away goals from last minute set pieces is beginning to become a little bit of a curse.
By October you would've expected to score few more goals. 9 games 15 scored 7 conceded. Any game we're winning bar Livingston is by 1 goal. Leads to nervy ending that invites teams on. The Morelos open goal miss ( was from my view in BF4) sums it up so far imo.

So you don't think this season has been a replication of years 1 and 2 under Gerrard? Why not?
Christ, I’d give my left bollock for us to hit some of the form we found in the second season under Gerrard.

We’d have won about 6-0 yesterday.

I’d be more worried if:

We hadn’t played Hearts off the park yesterday
Didn’t have the best squad in the league
Didn’t have the strongest bench in the league (by miles)
Weren’t champions

We played much better yesterday than say 1st half Hivs or Motherwell.

Class permanent, form temporary.

Man & buckle up as we aren’t even a 1/4 of the way through the league season.

I'm concerned by our lack of goals, concerned by how poor defensively we have been, concerned we can't put a performance together for 90 minutes but
I still think we will win the league for the simple reason we are better than every one else. Players just need to step up and show it.

We have had 90 attempts at goal in the last 6 games, and scored 6 goals.

I'm concerned about how little goals we are scoring.

It's the 1-0's I can't stand, you have a choice to stick or twist. Today SG subbed Aribo and Hagi(stick) literally on the back of one of the best moves of the game that nearly led to our second between the two, and ultimately imo it removed any further goalscoring threat for us, as we opted to hold on, we didn't - again.

Fortune favours the bold.

That’s not what happened though, we still created two two chances for Morelos that he should have put away.

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?
Worry? About a bunch of millionaire football players.Who don't give a shit and think about their next big contract elsewhere.
Those days of worrying are over. I've got bigger priorities in life than this lot.

By October you would've expected to score few more goals. 9 games 15 scored 7 conceded. Any game we're winning bar Livingston is by 1 goal. Leads to nervy ending that invites teams on. The Morelos open goal miss ( was from my view in BF4) sums it up so far imo.
The lack of goals is putting added pressure on the defence to keep clean sheets too. The attacking players need to get their fingers out.

‘It’ll come good because we won it last season’ is too Celtic 20/21 season for me. I appreciate not everyone is saying that, but some are very blasé about our current predicament.

We need to be aggressive and ruthless with some actual alterations to our game. Getting us to last 90 minutes would be a big start.

Paying higher wages and finishing further up the table is pretty much always connected. Right now that holds true. I don't think it says anything about the number of goals scored. If anything I'm sure that statistically across pretty much every league, most games are decided by one goal. Entitlement and ignorance was pretty much the best way to describe it.

If only football was that simple.

Every game Rangers play the opponent treats like a cup final.nothing new in that
Our fans, players, management, directors, opponents and dugs in the street know this. This should be part of player induction at Auchenhowie. The quicker any new player gets their head around that, the better we'll be.

Defence looks fragile, any team looks like taking a goal off us.

And going forward we just can't seem to get it going for 90mins.

We should be some much further ahead in the league but we have let the scum back into this.

Only ourselves to blame but the lack of finishing is a concern.

Some nice FF over reaction :))

We’re perilously close to throwing away this league after 9 games when we’re top of the league and 4 points ahead of our most realistic challengers.

Don’t you just love FF after we don’t win :)):))
You ought to take your head out yer arse.We have been abysmal for most of the season so far.Failure to beat absolute shite like motherwell and hearts at Ibrox and not keeping a clean sheet is unacceptable.Dress it up anyway you want.The filth are now 2 points nearer us and starting to pick up form whilst we have just stood still.

I think our next 3 games we will be kicking off after the pigs have played - so those of a nervous disposition may want to shop for some big boy pants.

£30m minimum at stake. These players
Aren’t handling that expectation and pressure one bit in the main bar a few of them. Too many bottlers once again.

Just wait till the second round of fixtures when we are away to Hibs, Hearts, Sheep and the tims. At this rate of form we’ll be lucky to even be ahead in the table!
Aye hopefully we’ve got Jack Kent and Helander back by then.

FF is incredible, They beat Motherwell and it’s a great result, yet we can only draw against a “shoite” Motherwell team, so Celtic, according to FF, had a great result against a shoite Motherwell team. :))

FF is incredible, They beat Motherwell and it’s a great result, yet we can only draw against a “shoite” Motherwell team, so Celtic, according to FF, had a great result against a shoite Motherwell team. :))
I don’t think anyone’s looking at it like that.

I genuinely have no idea how some people on here coped with the seasons when the league went down to the wire. We're in October and we're top of the league - anybody that's "worried" now might want to take a wee holiday when we get to the proper business end of the season.

Guage where we are....
This is a Rangers forum and we have a Last Man Standing Competition.
Check out how many folk don't opt to take Rangers when they are odds on to win.

We are not a safe bet against any competition right now.

If you are not worried by this point then for me you are in denial.
We have seen games where we have played poorly & lost or drawn
We are now seeing games where I think we have played well & we are still dropping points & that is worrying for me as i thought results would change as performances improved but it seems to be much of the same results wise.
There really is no excuses though as in Scotland we have every advantage going over teams we have dropped points to & our European performances & results are maybe a more accurate reflection of where we are right now as a team as we have really struggled against any improved level of opposition.

We are not taking our chances but the good thing is at least we are creating
But, we also seem to gift a goal nearly every game from opposition who have hardly been in the match

Something needs to change as on paper the fixtures recently have suited us & we have still dropped points
I've been concerned since the Dundee United defeat. We are awful in front of goal. Predictable going forward. We have a real difficult run of games coming soon.

I genuinely have no idea how some people on here coped with the seasons when the league went down to the wire. We're in October and we're top of the league - anybody that's "worried" now might want to take a wee holiday when we get to the proper business end of the season.
We have not played a good full 90 minutes all season. We have been dreadful in every European match. Anyone not concerned are in complete denial I reckon.

Probably McGregors last season, Goldson not signing, Tav out of sorts, Kent injured, Jack missing, Morelos poor, new signings bedding in. That's the reason for the form loss. Not rocket science.

Not worried more annoyed and frustrated our title rivals are just as or if not more inconsistent than we are

We had people who couldn't enjoy it last season. They should genuinely find a new hobby.

Reactions: TN8
Take away last season, this season has been a copycat of the previous two under Gerrard. He has got away with it because of Celtcs pish start. So worried? Very. Surprised? Not now I think about it
The start of the season under Gerrard in the 19/20 aka the season that never finished was one of our best ever.

As for this season, anyone not worried hasn't been watching us.

Yes, we are top but unless things change we won't be staying there long.

In the league Bar leaving Ibrox after a tribal win against that lot. We leave the stadium disappointed in general with what was on show.
What we are seeing seems to be what we are. A pretty ordinary football side that's not value for the money it costs to run that side.

Yesterday was a bit better in the 1st half.
We just cant finish our dinner right now and the manager tinkers to try and work round that. That in turn exaggerates our vulnerability at the back.

As I’ve said a few times on here before, I expected a hangover of sorts after the efforts of last season so I’m not entirely surprised by our performances to date.

That level of consistency last year was never going to be sustainable unless we significantly improved the starting eleven, IMO, and we evidently didn’t have the money to do that.

So we have a lot of players that still appear to be suffering from the effects of the monumental effort they put into last season and I think that’s understandable in many ways.

The concern I have is that there’s a huge carrot of automatic CL entry awaiting the winners of the SPFL this season and we’re fortuitous at the moment in as much as Celtic have started even more poorly than we have.

Hibs and Hearts are a sideshow - it will come down to ourselves and the Yahoos so at the moment it feels like a race to whoever grabs form first.

There have been signs in the last two games that we are beginning to improve, but overall it was always likely to be a much closer run affair this year and I think a lot need to get their heads around that and bunker down for the long haul.

If our strikers can find form we will be absolutely fine, that is the big if though. Hearts were the most in form team in the league other than us, no one has beaten them yet and they beat the scum already, yet we should’ve been about 4 or 5 up against them yesterday if we took our chances.

It wasn’t a close run game, it was our game all day long, we were totally comfortable and dominating for about 70 minutes and then we threw it away in the end with bad subs and bad decision making ending in a goalkeeping error.

It’s time for one of our strikers to step up and lay down a marker as the main man. I think Roofe has to be that man moving forward with Morelos coming off the bench until he starts taking his chances again. The amount of misses yesterday was absolutely criminal and ultimately cost us the points.

Back