Is there anyone not worried?

We fluffed our lines in front of goal repeatedly. That isn’t the sign of a good performance IMO.

A good performance in the league is having the game won by half time.

We look a million miles away from doing that these days.

Our goal conversion from chances created stats at home this season in the League are very poor. It is a genuine concern.

I'm not worried. Not yet anyway. I was starting to get concerned over our form, but we were brilliant for large spells today. Best we have played this season by far.

Some excellent saves from Craig Gordon today and poor finishing from Alfie. I would expect Alfie to take at least one of those chances normally.
I’ll be concerned if Ryan Kent doesn’t find form once he’s back. For me his lack of form before his injury and then being missing from the team altogether is the single biggest reason why we haven’t played like we can so far this season. Ryan Kent playing well lifts us to the next level.

This team is suffering a serious hangover. Have we played well since we beat St. Mirren in March to effectively clinch the league?

Possibly Aberdeen on last day of season, although they missed some utter sitters in that game. And the 2 Celtic games towards end of season were comfy enough although I don't think we played outstanding.

One and only time I got a ban on here , since then when I notice, your posts have fluctuated depending on circumstances . As I said nothing but a troll
That hardly clears it up....I don't troll.......I also don't flip every five minutes or live in the instant.....we are 9 games into the league campaign....the reaction this season on here in relation to what we achieved last season is ridiculous.....as was the reaction at the game from some of the support.

But if you don't want to get into what I called you happy clappy for then don't bring it up ffs.

I'm concerned and the Beggars goal difference does concentrate the mind.

But we have the resources, the ability and the desire to squash everyone of them who think they can challenge us

Aye but Celtic are shit…

They’ve just gone to Aberdeen, Motherwell and won. We couldn’t beat two terrible sides in Hearts and Motherwell at home.

We aren’t scoring goals and this team can’t keep a clean sheet. Obvious concerns. Near on 20 competitive matches into the season and we are still miles off it.

I’m sure some will be along soon enough to come away with the usual talk.
And getting beat by teams in europe of the same standard that we were beating before. PlYing in fits and starts first win leagues we are trying to play like Man City but we are in the SPFL. Our players are good enough but we are not doing the basics.

That hardly clears it up....I don't troll.......I also don't flip every five minutes or live in the instant.....we are 9 games into the league campaign....the reaction this season on here in relation to what we achieved last season is ridiculous.....as was the reaction at the game from some of the support.

But if you don't want to get into what I called you happy clappy for then don't bring it up ffs.
... Don't bring it up , what because you say so ? Aye ok
You troll 100% , calling folk happy clappers then calling some panty wetters the definition of trolling

Reasons I'm shitting it, we have been poor all season and don't look like improving, come January the filth will spend big IMO. I was hoping to have built a hefty lead over them by then, that's not going to be the case.

The worrying thing for me was that the minute Hearts put a bit of pressure on us, everything we had did really well in the first 60 minutes disappeared.

There's a fragility to this side that simply wasn't there last year.

What causes this fragility? Plenty on here write it off but fans in the crowd are part of it imo. You would be crazy to deny it imo.

An empty Ibrox struggling against a team at home will be easier than a full Ibrox moaning and groaning when we're struggling.

I think too many people were too quick to dismiss the fans argument personally.

I'm also not saying we cannot play in front of a crowd I just don't think it can't be completely dismissed.

Meh.

Not really, more just cause I’m a positive person.

We haven’t got going yet, but we’ve dropped a fair few points in every league campaign in my lifetime.

We do need to improve though.
The question is when are we going to?
This time of the season in the run up to xmad the games come thick and fast

What causes this fragility? Plenty on here write it off but fans in the crowd are part of it imo. You would be crazy to deny it imo.

An empty Ibrox struggling against a team at home will be easier than a full Ibrox moaning and groaning when we're struggling.

I think too many people were too quick to dismiss the fans argument personally.

I'm also not saying we cannot play in front of a crowd I just don't think it can't be completely dismissed.

It's the same as with every team I suppose but seems to happen to us more often than not since we are so dominant against the lesser teams. When we are 1-0 up leading into the last 25/30 we have a habit of letting teams into the game far, far too easily.

We stop winning second balls, start rushing passes and give the opposition far too much space to build attacks.

We don't seem to have the players to put their foot on the ball and start controlling the game again, almost as if they're nervous and know the game is away from them.

I include guys like Goldson, Tav, Davis and Morelos in that. Feck knows what happens to them in these games but as soon as its drifting from us they seem unable to get it back under our control.

Keep saying when they click into gear they are going to give someone a hiding. Today should have been that day If not for some abysmal finishing. The players probably like ourselves expected the league to be a walk over this year

I'm worried that we fall back into the trap of complacency. We really should be dispatching the newly promoted team at home, Motherwell who are pish yet we made them look comfortable and a poor Dundee Utd team. We scraped a win against Dundee, really struggled against Hivs. We can't seem to score goals the way we were last season and losing daft goals. There's no leaders on the park at the moment. We just can't seem to turn the corner.

We’ll have a better idea of where we are once the second quarter is complete. If we come through away ties against Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts and are still top the league - you’ll know the league title is there for the taking. However, we’ll have no chance if we don’t recapture the form of last season at some point in this campaign.

... Don't bring it up , what because you say so ? Aye ok
You troll 100% , calling folk happy clappers then calling some panty wetters the definition of trolling
You said yourself it was once upon a time....so it's hardly relevant to the debate now is it?
Hardly trolling....do try harder.

Not worried in the slightest , there were posters on here worrying when we needed one point to win the league last season and also when we were 13 clear I think because they were saying it was only really 7.

So if McGregor catches he ball at the corner on the 90th minute and we win 1-0 & go 4 points clear are we still having this discussion about being worried??

We didn’t take our chances but on another day that’s 2,3,4 that we score

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?
Yip. We are absolutely dreadful in front of goal. Much of our support have their head in the sand. We have real problems from back to front and it needs addressed badly.

Keep saying when they click into gear they are going to give someone a hiding. Today should have been that day If not for some abysmal finishing. The players probably like ourselves expected the league to be a walk over this year
Sick of hearing this same line now. We won't give no one a hiding. We try constantly to walk the ball into the net.

People will bury their heads in the sand but truth is Celtic are only 4 points behind with a better goal difference, and that’s despite a horrific start.

We are our own worst enemy this season and are going to drag what should have been a comfortable title win into an ugly slog if we don’t wake up.

At the start of the season I said the only one that can beat us is ourselves. We’re doing that at the moment.
You refer to the horrific start that Celtic had but in the league, the only difference between us and them is that we won the first head to head which was at a full Ibrox.

Gerrard has taken this squad of players as far as he can, not strengthening in the summer will come back to haunt us.
We are a shadow of the team we were last season.

We’ll have a better idea of where we are once the second quarter is complete. If we come through away ties against Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts and are still top the league - you’ll know the league title is there for the taking. However, we’ll have no chance if we don’t recapture the form of last season at some point in this campaign.
We captured last season's form in the first half.
There is a huge positive to take from that.
Our problem is converting such good slick play into goals, but on the other hand, Hearts rode their luck today.
had that been a 4-1 win, no one could have complained or said that it never reflected the game.

We deserved to win today comfortably, and perhaps the most satisfying thing was we are beginning to pass the ball in tight spaces in the same manner that took us to the league title last season.

Geez peace. Anyone not concerned by what we are seeing is a clown. We are 1 point ahead of them outside the OF. So whilst we are slagging Angeball and laughing at their:)) back 4 the reality is we are 1 pt better off against the rest of the league and we have played all the better teams at home.
Any rangers fan who continues to push the vibe of “everything’s fine, they’re pish, we will skoosh it” is part of the problem. We are accepting pure garbage.
We are 9 games in to a league campaign. How can we be ‘perilously’ close to losing anything?

It’s laughable to try and claim such a thing and is typical of this board after any type of adverse result.

The league is pish poor tbh we should have won it already if we had any consistency,we failed to beat a newly promoted hearts today.SG better deliver 56 or hes gone

They were incredibly lucky to win at Aberdeen.

I think it shows you how far we've come that we have people above genuinely getting annoyed that we aren't getting a "comfortable league title". That is beyond entitlement.

I think we'll win the league with a bit to spare but it really doesn't matter if we win it on goal difference.
If we showed 75% of what we showed last season, this league would be all but done already.

The drop off has been incredible.

Some amount of absolute shite getting posted in this thread. Support your team for feck sake. I do realize that means a lot of you may have to go on another forum.

Only worry is our front six not finishing off the brilliant build up play. If they were, we'd be 9 clear easy

Didn't sell/bring in players over the summer and its biting us on the arse. There's a real lack of motivation/energy for this season compared to last, it happens after players spend 2-3 years at a club.

Have to bring in some fresh legs in January even if it means losing 1,2 or 3 players.

I would imagine that the guys in the boardroom who have put £Millions of their hard earned in, are not far off, from having a " Word "!

So if McGregor catches he ball at the corner on the 90th minute and we win 1-0 & go 4 points clear are we still having this discussion about being worried??

We didn’t take our chances but on another day that’s 2,3,4 that we score
The problem is that there has been too many "other days" even when we have won.

Aye but Celtic are shit…

They’ve just gone to Aberdeen, Motherwell and won. We couldn’t beat two terrible sides in Hearts and Motherwell at home.

We aren’t scoring goals and this team can’t keep a clean sheet. Obvious concerns. Near on 20 competitive matches into the season and we are still miles off it.

I’m sure some will be along soon enough to come away with the usual talk.

Celtic are still suspect.

Aberdeen are probably the worst team in the league atm, along with Ross County.

That being said I think today was the best we've played all season and we 'deserved' to win it by 3-4 goals. If we play like that every week we'll win the league.

I am not overly worried as I think we have too much over any team in this league over the course.

I have accepted that we are not gonna get close to last seasons levels. We are nowhere near that. Winning the league is enough for me at this point. It wasn't at the start of the season but the circumstances has changed after the CL exit. The squad needs refreshed and that failure meant we couldn't do it properly.

The lack of goals is a real concern

Alfie for me look smiles off the player of two years ago

His finishing yesterday was Sunday league standard

So wasteful

Sakala and roofe deserve a run of games to see if they can score the goals

Celtic are still suspect.

Aberdeen are probably the worst team in the league atm, along with Ross County.

That being said I think today was the best we've played all season and we 'deserved' to win it by 3-4 goals. If we play like that every week we'll win the league.
I really enjoyed the game yesterday thought we played some great football at times just the finishing let us down

For 60+ minutes yesterday we played some great football, the best we have played this season. IF we had taken some of our chances we win easily. We didn't and we pay the price due to a sloppy bit of goalkeeping near the end. I'm not too worried as I still believe we will come good and pull away to win the league comfortably.

What worries me is that its the same issues that's costing us points and nothing seems to be getting done to rectify it. We aren't converting enough goals considering the possession we get and that must be sorted.

Do the runners up of the league go into the final knockout round of the champs league qualifiers? Seeded or unseeded?

*im not saying we will finish second it’s just curiosity*

Some nice FF over reaction :))

We’re perilously close to throwing away this league after 9 games when we’re top of the league and 4 points ahead of our most realistic challengers.

Don’t you just love FF after we don’t win :)):))

We haven't kicked our arses this season. Been shocking in all 6 European games.

Our league form has been little better than average. On our travels we fluked a result at Dens where we were fortunate not to be a couple behind in the first 15 mins.

I genuinely believe the only reason we are top of the league is down to the fixture list. If our 1st round of fixtures had been reversed with Celtics and seen us visit Tynecastle, Scumdome, Pittodrie & Fir Park as well as The Tony Macaroni and with Easter Road in 10 days time I have a horrible feeling we would be in a bit of bother.

In the next round of fixtures Celtic have all the better sides coming to them whilst we meet them on our travels.

I sense a nailbiting time between now and New Year and unless we hit some decent form I'll be surprised if we are still top by then.

Take away last season, this season has been a copycat of the previous two under Gerrard. He has got away with it because of Celtcs pish start. So worried? Very. Surprised? Not now I think about it

Yesterday was a tough watch. On this current form it is a matter of time until we are in 2nd place.
That being said , I do have faith in Stevie G to sort this. We need new players in January and can't be sentimental a few big names don't perform anymore so let's ship them out

Back