Is there anything else we can do for Fernando in terms of support?

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
His plight is tragic. His courage outstanding.

We have supported him and attended fundraisers, some have bought tops etc.

He's been making the national news and it's bloody hard seeing him but its also admirable of him to face the cameras.

In his own works "time is ticking away".

I know his birthday is July 27th. Could we send him cards with messages of support for example?

Just thinking out loud here and I know tough it is watching him suffer and fade.

Sadly OP there’s nothing anyone can do now .

Shattering seeing what can happen to even the fittest of people .

He’s shown courage and then some .

Generous donations to MND Scotland and other research organisation.

It would be very fitting if Fernando’s legacy can be that he inspired the drive which beat this bastard disease and ensured future generations would not suffer his torment.

A donation to the hospice will suffice and send your love and support with Fernando on this, his final journey.

He’s shown such fight, but I think you can now tell he knows. And we will be there with him.

It’s his wife and young girl who will need all the fans support going forward.

MND is a horrific affliction and it is heart-breaking watching when the victims know exactly what is in front of them and family, friends and healthcare professionals are basically impotent in terms of being able to do anything meaningful other than offering a supportive ear, TLC and medication to assist in symptom management.
It is this knowledge of what is in front of them that makes the efforts of folk like Fernando and Doddie Weir so phenomenal in their unselfishness in seeking to find support that some day there will be a cure/test etc that will mean others do not need to go through the journey they and their families have had to travel.
Far be it from me to say to people where they should make any financial donations, however, if it is not for MND or other similar disease specific charities/causes, then support your own local hospice. In all likelihood, if you/your family ever need to use the fantastic services which hospices provide, it will be your local hospice that will be providing the care and support you/yours need.

MND is a horrific affliction and it is heart-breaking watching when the victims know exactly what is in front of them and family, friends and healthcare professionals are basically impotent in terms of being able to do anything meaningful other than offering a supportive ear, TLC and medication to assist in symptom management.
It is this knowledge of what is in front of them that makes the efforts of folk like Fernando and Doddie Weir so phenomenal in their unselfishness in seeking to find support that some day there will be a cure/test etc that will mean others do not need to go through the journey they and their families have had to travel.
Far be it from me to say to people where they should make any financial donations, however, if it is not for MND or other similar disease specific charities/causes, then support your own local hospice. In all likelihood, if you/your family ever need to use the fantastic services which hospices provide, it will be your local hospice that will be providing the care and support you/yours need.

Very well said ^^^^^

Fernando and Doddie are both inspirational and humbling in how they are facing up to this and raising awareness of it.

I agree entirely with the need to support hospices who provide the care that’s so important in the latter stages of such conditions, not just for the individuals concerned, but for their families too.

His plight is tragic. His courage outstanding.

We have supported him and attended fundraisers, some have bought tops etc.

He's been making the national news and it's bloody hard seeing him but its also admirable of him to face the cameras.

In his own works "time is ticking away".

I know his birthday is July 27th. Could we send him cards with messages of support for example?

Just thinking out loud here and I know tough it is watching him suffer and fade.

Donate

Back