Is this a red card?

• Red

Votes: 66 13.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 152 31.2%
  • Nothing

Votes: 269 55.2%

• Total voters
If it wasn't dangerous or reckless it wouldn't have broken the guys ankle!
So how do you explain the countless injuries that occur without any contact? Dislocations, ruptures, breaks etc, you can clearly see the player is fully focused on winning the ball, I think its actually a decent ball winning tackle where unfortunately his trailing leg has made contact with Elliot, a tackle you'll see all over the UK at the weekend again.

I'm sure we've all seen the challenge on Harvey Elliott that resulted in him dislocating his ankle.

Leeds appealed the red and earlier this morning the appeal was dismissed with the 3 match ban staying in place.

Elliott has already stated it wasn't a red and even this morning has taken to social media to say he believes the 3 match ban is wrong.

You're the referee, what's your decision?

I didnt even think it was a foul - I'm not trying to be "well 'ard" either, I hate what the hammer throwers of the SPFL get away with v us.

So how do you explain the countless injuries that occur without any contact? Dislocations, ruptures, breaks etc, you can clearly see the player is fully focused on winning the ball, I think its actually a decent ball winning tackle where unfortunately his trailing leg has made contact with Elliot, a tackle you'll see all over the UK at the weekend again.
I dont think it's so much his trailing leg catching him.

Had the Leeds boy jumped in for the ball to hit it straight down the way they were both running then he'd have taken that ball cleanly and avoided contact with Elliott. Liverpool would likely have a throw and Elliott could walk today.

His attempts to shape his body in a way that hooks the ball back and keeps possession leave there nowhere for the weight of his left leg (and most of his body) to go but through the back of Elliott. That's why I think it's a red. He made a conscious decision to change his jump that endangered the opponent.

I dont think it's so much his trailing leg catching him.

Had the Leeds boy jumped in for the ball to hit it straight down the way they were both running then he'd have taken that ball cleanly and avoided contact with Elliott. Liverpool would likely have a throw and Elliott could walk today.

His attempts to shape his body in a way that hooks the ball back and keeps possession leave there nowhere for the weight of his left leg (and most of his body) to go but through the back of Elliott. That's why I think it's a red. He made a conscious decision to change his jump that endangered the opponent.
Its a difficult one, can see both sides of the argument. Most important of all all I hope Elliott makes a full recovery.

Definitely not.
For me, that’s an incredibly silly assumption.
Ohhh %^*& right ok mate Harvey Elliott the recipient is silly and can't tell a good tackle from a bad one then. Maybe your wee squeamish eyes should stick to pillow fights and softball.

You'd need to ask him that, what difference does that make anyway? It wasn't a malicious or extreme challenge under the circumstances.
I’m not debating the card decision.
I’m saying a player cannot referee the game or make the decision as to whether it was reckless dangerous or anything else.

I’m not debating the card decision.
I’m saying a player cannot referee the game or make the decision as to whether it was reckless dangerous or anything else.
What I'm trying to say is I'll take the players judgment over you, no offense. I think he's in a better position to judge what he sees as reckless and fair considering he deals with it week in week out.

And fwiw the referee of the match didn't seem to have an issue until var came in.

What I'm trying to say is I'll take the players judgment over you, no offense. I think he's in a better position to judge what he sees as reckless and fair considering he deals with it week in week out.

And fwiw the referee of the match didn't seem to have an issue until var came in.
Lets look at it another way.
What if the player thought it was reckless, dangerous, whatever?
Should he get to overrule a referee’s decision?
That’d be ridiculous, wouldn’t it?

Lets look at it another way.
What if the player thought it was reckless, dangerous, whatever?
Should he get to overrule a referee’s decision?
That’d be ridiculous, wouldn’t it?
That's not the point im making, i stand by my decision of it wasn't a bad tackle. It was vars decision not the refs also. The poll above speaks homie and not for you.

So does the ref!

It means about 85% of folk that have voted disagree with you.
I thought the poll was asking opinion on penalty or not.
For the last wee while, and I did post this part before, I’ve been suggesting that a player is in no position to referee incidents involving himself during a game.

Back