Is this team better than Walters UEFA final team?

Is this team better than the UEFA final team?

• Yes

Votes: 738 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 560 42.6%
  • No difference

Votes: 17 1.3%

• Total voters
Impossible to say right now, but what I will say is in spite of reaching a UEFA Cup final I'd take this team over Smith's in Europe ten times out of ten. Maybe being harsh given the success we enjoyed, but think this team is much more comfortable playing at that level compared to the backs to the walls performances we seen in Walter's second spell.

We're probably playing more attractive football but trophies are everything.
That said, it's already looking very possible we'll still be in Europe in the new year so who knows what this season could bring

We have a far better footballing team now, the only issue to shout about in that team is Barry Ferguson and Greegs but that does not take away the fact that this team is far more creative

Getting to that final was watching tactically dire football, the highlight being Greegs supersave at Werder Bremen

In a one off game this team would win, over the course of a season current evidence suggests no (as much as it pains me to say). As said previously, wait till May then we will talk.

Without being disrespectful to our current team, the 2008 boys would match this team for quality but also have the ability to completely bully them at the same time.

Barry Ferguson & Kevin Thomson are levels above what we currently have for example.

Better team technically but Walters teams had the mentality to get the job done that remains to be seen from the current crop

Without being disrespectful to our current team, the 2008 boys would match this team for quality but also have the ability to completely bully them at the same time.

Barry Ferguson & Kevin Thomson are levels above what we currently have for example.
Ferguson yes, Thomson I don’t believe so. Each to their own though, I feel the current team would win a win off game.

Yes the 07/08 team made Manchester, but they also got humiliated by Unirea & Kaunas. Would the current team lose to teams of that stature?. Not a chance.

Like I said, all hypothetical until we actually win something currently. So on that basis, no the current team is not better.

Our results in Europe recently have been impressive but its not the same calibre of opposition as Barca, Lyon, Bremen etc

This team have won nothing. Maybe unfair on McGregor and Davis but still.

Must say I’m surprised at those results so far. Decent team taking shape atm no doubt but ultimately haven’t produced silverware and were pretty average 6 months ago and reliant on AM.

I've voted no. Only because they haven't won anything. Although I do believe once we have the 1st under the belt this team will go on to prove themselves.

I'd take football not as pleasing on the eye but winning leagues. This team has won nothing yet. Until then no where near a walter side.

Walter’s team were serial winners, we haven’t won anything yet with this team. Ask the question next May and hopefully I’ll have changed my opinion.

Is it better that the team mentioned? In a one off game maybe.

Over the course of a season and winning trophies, I don't think so. If this time go on and win the league and a few cups then it would match it imo.

Getting very carried away here as this team has won nothing yet masssive potential and I love watching us at times but let’s just win

Getting very carried away here as this team has won nothing yet masssive potential and I love watching us at times but let’s just win
It always happens, I can actually forgive fans for getting carried away when there’s a feel good factor but this is taking the piss. Walter’s team made a Euro final, our current team struggle to make a domestic cup final.

Hopefully that’s all about to change though.

It always happens, I can actually forgive fans for getting carried away when there’s a feel good factor but this is taking the piss. Walter’s team made a Euro final, our current team struggle to make a domestic cup final.

Hopefully that’s all about to change though.
Fingers crossed mate

This squad has a lot of potential, I feel, if we can keep it together or further strengthen.

It feels a little bit like this squad is youth with potential (and in fairness a greater level of skill) but that was a squad of men, who knew how to get results.

If we can marry the two, with this squad, we will have many happy days ahead.

Not for me and that’s taking nothing away from this squad of players but we have done nothing yet.

Just now I'd say no, but it's a close thing. If they maintain this form through to may then yeah I'd say they are better. One thing I will say, something special is happening here, we are a solid organised well trained unit. I think we'll win a lot this year and the manks will fear us, in fact they already fear us.

We have a far better footballing team now, the only issue to shout about in that team is Barry Ferguson and Greegs but that does not take away the fact that this team is far more creative

Getting to that final was watching tactically dire football, the highlight being Greegs supersave at Werder Bremen
Give me dire....

Sir Walters team was full of winners. The poll has no meaning until the present team fills the trophy cabinet.

Give me dire....
We have better football being played now so you can keep your dire,

in Europe I mean,

in domestic matches we had it covered in the past with Walter,

different managers, different football,

Stevie G has done far better Europe wise in playing the game than other managers for years

And Stevie G's team just now are probably half the age of that team in Manchester

Back