Is this the day that isolation of “the 5” ends?

Personally I'm not going to get overly involved in what others did. Five of our players, despite seeing what happened to Jones/Edmundson, and having had the law laid down to them frequently and forcefully by the Club, chose to think they were above it all and ignore everything they were told. That's all that matters to me. There's lots of different views on the necessity for the various restrictions imposed by the Government on here but, fact is, these guys went against our club - never mind anything set down by Government.

I've seen other posts go on about 'bubbles' etc. Their Elite Sport bubble only applies when at Auchenhowie or when playing matches. They aren't even allowed to car share with each other on the way to training, never mind meet up in each others homes. To then have a 'gathering' of at least 5 separate households, maybe 10 different households, is just madness. No excuses.
Correct, and what pisses me off the most is that this was pre planned, and they colluded with each other to deceive the club, their team mates and us fans, it wasn’t a spur of the moment thing, they just saw themselves as being above the rules. :mad:

Madden and the lino contacted Crawford Allan, Head of SFA's Referee's Dept and asked if they should self-isolate, due to the other lino testing positive. Allan told them there was no need and they were free to officiate in games at the weekend.

14 Celtic players who were in close contact with Julienne travelling back from Dubai were ordered by the Health Authorities to self-isolate upon their return to Scotland. The circumstances involving Madden and the 2 lino's travelling back from Greece are identical.

Are we really supposed to believe that Crawford Allan was not aware of the Celtic players being forced to self-isolate?

He is either the thickest man on the planet or simply didn't give a toss about the Covid Rules and like everyone else at the SFA, he believes they are untouchable and can do what they like.

Allan should walk for this, Maxwell as the Head of the SFA should walk for this and anyone else at the SFA who had knowledge of the lino running the line when he should have been self-isolating, should also walk for this.

I'll reserve judgement on Madden and the lino, as it appears they did the correct thing and either told their Gaffer that they should be self-isolating, or at least asked for guidance, but were given the wrong info. Once again though, I will refer back to the Celtic Dubai lot which was very well publicised and question whether or not they asked Allan what the difference was.

Madden and the lino contacted Crawford Allan, Head of SFA's Referee's Dept and asked if they should self-isolate, due to the other lino testing positive. Allan told them there was no need and they were free to officiate in games at the weekend.

14 Celtic players who were in close contact with Julienne travelling back from Dubai were ordered by the Health Authorities to self-isolate upon their return to Scotland. The circumstances involving Madden and the 2 lino's travelling back from Greece are identical.

Are we really supposed to believe that Crawford Allan was not aware of the Celtic players being forced to self-isolate?

He is either the thickest man on the planet or simply didn't give a toss about the Covid Rules and like everyone else at the SFA, he believes they are untouchable and can do what they like.

Allan should walk for this, Maxwell as the Head of the SFA should walk for this and anyone else at the SFA who had knowledge of the lino running the line when he should have been self-isolating, should also walk for this.

I'll reserve judgement on Madden and the lino, as it appears they did the correct thing and either told their Gaffer that they should be self-isolating, or at least asked for guidance, but were given the wrong info. Once again though, I will refer back to the Celtic Dubai lot which was very well publicised and question whether or not they asked Allan what the difference was.
Madden and the second linesman only self isolated on the day of the Ross County game, after the SFA realised they had screwed up.

Madden and the second linesman only self isolated on the day of the Ross County game, after the SFA realised they had screwed up.
Sorry, should have made myself clearer, when I said "they did the right thing", I meant they did the right thing in the form of advising their boss and seeking advice, which they did. Obviously, they then did the wrong thing by not self-isolating, but that was down to being given the wrong information by their boss.

That is the reason why I said that I would reserve judgement on them, as they should have known that they had to self-isolate, but I can understand why they followed their boss's instructions. If he told them that UEFA Protocol allowed them to forego self-isolating after producing negative tests, they had no reason to disbelieve him, but probably should have sought a second opinion.

Likely it has been mentioned, but by the rules of consistency the SFA can not punish them, if they didn’t punish the scum for their Dubai capers.

It really is that simple.
Consistency is not a rule. By all logic, reasoning and sense of justice they should not be punished as the Dubai lot have escaped punishment. However it is the SFA we are dealing with here. A body which saw fit to punish Morelos for a stamp (correctly) but missed the astonishing leap onto an opponent by Griffiths as he studded him among many examples. They also took retrospective action against Roofe for a clumsy, albeit bad tackle, while ignoring McGregor flying in over the ball against St Mirren recently.
Consistency is a word missing from the SFA dictionary.

Rangers wouldn't do it, but I wish they would say that we expect our 5 players who got together in a private home will receive less punishment from the football authorities than players and management from another club who were pictured breaking covid protocols in public areas of an overseas hotel.

This is what's really getting to me. Yes, the 5 of them were idiots and I've little sympathy for them. But the media storm over it is out of all proportion in comparison to Dubai, which after a few days furore has all but disappeared off the table, as if it never happened. Add to that Duffy playing against Hibs when he was supposed to be ineligible (though playing him that night actually worked in our favour I grant you B-)) and it's all getting very sinister. Who else has been banned for7 games as Jones and Edmundson were? Again, I had no sympathy for them either. But if that was to be the punishment then why have the scum players seen poolside in Dubai and frequenting the bars not similarly punished? And TLB thinks they've been picked on!!!!

It was 18 days after the Jones and Edmundson breach before 7 game bans were dished out, there's still plenty time for the SFA to treat our players differently from others.

It was 18 days after the Jones and Edmundson breach before 7 game bans were dished out, there's still plenty time for the SFA to treat our players differently from others.
It was mate, you are correct. However, they were cited just 4 days after the incident. I expected the Notice of Complaint last week but we are still waiting it seems.

Consistency is not a rule. By all logic, reasoning and sense of justice they should not be punished as the Dubai lot have escaped punishment. However it is the SFA we are dealing with here. A body which saw fit to punish Morelos for a stamp (correctly) but missed the astonishing leap onto an opponent by Griffiths as he studded him among many examples. They also took retrospective action against Roofe for a clumsy, albeit bad tackle, while ignoring McGregor flying in over the ball against St Mirren recently.
Consistency is a word missing from the SFA dictionary.
Consistency is governed by comparative results, does that not make it “a rule”?!

That was what I was insinuating

With the way the SFA operate, it’ll be a season ending suspension for them. Delaying it only adds to the punishment, as it’s unlikely Patterson for instance, would be selected by the club until he’s served a club suspension.

Fact is we know little about the circumstances. For all we know it was Patterson who was the whistle-blower who realised the event was getting out of hand and turned them all in.

I'm not saying this is the case (because we just don't know) but someone clearly raised the alarm (and that thankfully happened before the 5 returned to training and potentially compromised the whole first team squad).

Now I'm not saying the 5 didn't show their stupidity in getting into the situation, but we don't know how much or little the 5 have done to make up for this in-house.

And if hypothetically one of them turned themselves (and their mates) in before a relatively small error of judgement became a full blown scandal and left us with the kids playing Antwerp, then I'd say we might even owe a debt of gratitude to that idiot. We might not see all 5 frozen out for as long as each other, which in itself will be interesting.

Yes it should be. It does not work for and the SFA. I gave examples in my post. Your post is the way things should be in a fair world.
Of course, yes.
In the end, you and I want the same outcome.

The result that our manager requested also.

An even playing field.

Back