Is this the time now to think about leaving the SPFL?

Gio#56

I am sure I'm not alone in losing the will to follow my team in a country that is hell bent to destroy it.

If that immoral mob is awarded the biggest tainted trophy ever whilst the likes of doncaster and lawwell are skipping down the garden path Then surely its time to go. Scottish media will be singing their praises for sure as they have no integrity either.

Other teams will also cheer on as they have no standards, they have become Celtic pawns and basically are happy as long as we are trodden on.

Sporting integrity has gone. Even if it is delayed the narrative has been set and the weak leaders or liewells puppets in the SFA and SPFL will go along as he says.

Our own Stewart Robertson is very quiet right now, yet he is on the board that decides. I hope he is keeping his powder dry for a damn good reason.

We had a chance of looking at other avenues in 2012 and we have another chance now. If anything I am more determined for my team to look at alternatives now more than ever. And there will be alternatives with the UEFA fall out. We are a big deal regarding finances from broadcasters surely now is the time to explore other options with football off the table for a long period for sure in regards to spectators.

Hopefully, my concern that Stewart Robertson is having his belly tickled is just a poor assumption on my part. However, we should be looking at other avenues, its time we moved on and it would be beneficial in regards to the product on offer as let us be honest playing a team 4 times sometimes six a season is a chore.

To where though? Tier 13 or whatever in England? If this crisis goes on for a good while the whole landscape of UK football might change to be fair. Plenty clubs will be 'at risk'. Big and small.

Mate in 2012 and at other times various of the authorities that would have to approve a league switch have clarified its not possible.

The FF idea that an opportunity was missed to go South in 2012 is simply untrue.

A UEFA member cannot up and join another member country league - it’s not permitted.

To where though? Tier 13 or whatever in England? If this crisis goes on for a good while the whole landscape of UK football might change to be fair. Plenty clubs will be 'at risk'. Big and small.

there will be avenues, cross border leagues outside the top 5 is a strong possibility. The atlantic league for example. Scotland, Scandinavia, Belgium, Holland etc.

Mate in 2012 and at other times various of the authorities that would have to approve a league switch have clarified its not possible.

The FF idea that an opportunity was missed to go South in 2012 is simply untrue.

A UEFA member cannot up and join another member country league - it’s not permitted.

M8 look at Belgium with UEFA. UEFA is a club that clubs join because it is guaranteed a big slice of money in regards to broadcasting and sponsorship. If cross border leagues are set up it does not have to be under UEFA.

there will be avenues, cross border leagues outside the top 5 is a strong possibility. The atlantic league for example. Scotland, Scandinavia, Belgium, Holland etc.

Ah that old chestnut. Died a death a while ago, of course, - when clubs had money and a will to support the idea - but who knows what might be left after the carnage of the next few months. I wouldn't rule it out completely but I think it highly unlikely - almost as unlikely as us 'moving' to England.

Quite honestly its pie-in-the-sky.

The creation of an Atlantic League - approved by UEFA is the only option with any chance of success in my view, and even then unlikely.

I also think the world is about to become less “global” and more “local” with way less cheap flights etc, so maybe the time to do this has passed?

M8 look at Belgium with UEFA. UEFA is a club that clubs join because it is guaranteed a big slice of money in regards to broadcasting and sponsorship. If cross border leagues are set up it does not have to be under UEFA.

Any new league not under UEFA would not have access to Euro comps and players in it would be banned from FIFA / UEFA comps - doesn’t seem credible to me.

We didn't have a chance to go anywhere then and we don't have a chance to go anywhere now.

We dont have a chance because of the avenue is no there, yet!!

Wait and see, I bet you in a few weeks maybe even months this topic will surface as UEFA fall out becomes massive, We should be leading the way. No one more than us wants out this tainted bigoted league we work under.

We didn't have a chance to go anywhere then and we don't have a chance to go anywhere now.

This is correct.

Charles Green would’ve loved to get us into England. There was no avenue then and there isn’t now.

Last edited:

Wait and see, I bet you in a few weeks maybe even months this topic will surface as UEFA fall out becomes massive, We should be leading the way. No one more than us wants out this tainted bigoted league we work under.

If we get the chance to move to a 'better' league - don't you think the Dhims will simply follow suit and join us there?

Any new league not under UEFA would not have access to Euro comps and players in it would be banned from FIFA / UEFA comps - doesn’t seem credible to me.

There would be no euro comps, because you have a new set up. UEFA will lose countries from it. Thats the whole point.

There would be no euro comps, because you have a new set up. UEFA will loose countries from it.

Ok - if the current structure collapses then absolutely.

But I don’t see any great clamour from any clubs to leave UEFA. To be fair the big countries have done well from their Euro cash.

Football will heal itself it always does. This time next year we will all be back to normal moaning about how SKY and the EPL have ruined football and about how corrupt refs are in Scotland.

After this is over,who knows how many teams will be left in the lower leagues in England, it might be a case that more money will have to be generated, and that might be an Avenue we will have available to us,,,there's no way the status quo will exist in 6 month's time

If we get the chance to move to a 'better' league - don't you think the Dhims will simply follow suit and join us there?

Possibly but the league, officials, other clubs, other club fans, sportswritters, etc etc would have no link to them over us. We would be treated with integrity without bias and so would they. Unless it was governed by a puppet like doncaster.

Scottish football is toxic !!

It just isn't any fun anymore but where to go ?

After this is over,who knows how many teams will be left in the lower leagues in England, it might be a case that more money will have to be generated, and that might be an Avenue we will have available to us,,,there's no way the status quo will exist in 6 month's time

My thoughts, there will be avenues. We need to be looking at these as time goes on.

Possibly but the league, officials, other clubs, other club fans, sportswritters, etc etc would have no link to them over us. We would be treated with integrity without bias and so would they. Unless it was governed by a puppet like doncaster.

I suspect you are having an afternoon on the piss mate.:))

More seriously, as I've said earlier, I don't think there is any real prospect and will leave it at that. Football - and not only football - is at a crossroads. We've no idea what will be left.

As I’ve already posted this is correct.

The idea that we did seems to have grown credence on FF in recent times - fake news.

We never exploited the option. We had a chance to but never took it up to look at other avenues. Look teams from N Ireland play in the republic. Teams in Wales play in England. There is possibilities even in 2012, My opinion with UEFA fall out there will be more. If I were acting as Rangers chairman I would not be signing any new league setup that may have to happen once clubs go to the wall in Scotland.

Our registration is held by the SPFL and we can't go anywhere without their say so. And as Rangers are the biggest cash cow in Scotland you can guess what their answer will be.

If Celtic start getting handed trophies they haven’t even won yet, I’d honestly be done with the whole thing up here.

many many more will also be thinking whats the point. Stewart Robertson is in these meetings, listening, debating and deciding. He needs to be transparent to the club supporters on what has happened if tainted trophies are handed out with paths to millions in the champions league gifted with it.

I would leave for England in a heartbeat. Even as far down as the conference. I dont believe they would turn us down. If celtic are awarded the league this year then what's the point in staying. Everything since 2012 has been done to benefit Celtic. We will never get a level playing field again.

my thoughts m8, and its no longer even hidden.

As I’ve already posted this is correct.

The idea that we did seems to have grown credence on FF in recent times - fake news.
The conference league did have a meeting and a vote on us being admitted which I recall went in our favour but we decided to go to the Scottish Third division for some reason

I believe we need to give 2yrs notice up here.
Id go for it if we could get even in the bottom of English leagues.
Weve done it before and we could do it again.
Why stay here and prop up an organisation that obviously hates us ? Its absolute madness.
Imo any Rangers fan that went to away games up here is an enabler. Your funding an enemy that wants you dead.

It is impossible to play association football without FIFA/UEFA’s approval.

the word association means associated with.

they dont own football (sport) rights.

UEFA becomes bankrupt, then what no football ever ever again.

I would leave for England in a heartbeat. Even as far down as the conference. I dont believe they would turn us down. If celtic are awarded the league this year then what's the point in staying. Everything since 2012 has been done to benefit Celtic. We will never get a level playing field again.

it wouldn’t be the conference though, if we joined the English system we’d have to join a lower division like AFC Wimbledon did, it took them something like 4 promotions just to get to the conference.

Back