Is this the time now to think about leaving the SPFL?

I am sure I'm not alone in losing the will to follow my team in a country that is hell bent to destroy it.

If that immoral mob is awarded the biggest tainted trophy ever whilst the likes of doncaster and lawwell are skipping down the garden path Then surely its time to go. Scottish media will be singing their praises for sure as they have no integrity either.

Other teams will also cheer on as they have no standards, they have become Celtic pawns and basically are happy as long as we are trodden on.

Sporting integrity has gone. Even if it is delayed the narrative has been set and the weak leaders or liewells puppets in the SFA and SPFL will go along as he says.

Our own Stewart Robertson is very quiet right now, yet he is on the board that decides. I hope he is keeping his powder dry for a damn good reason.

We had a chance of looking at other avenues in 2012 and we have another chance now. If anything I am more determined for my team to look at alternatives now more than ever. And there will be alternatives with the UEFA fall out. We are a big deal regarding finances from broadcasters surely now is the time to explore other options with football off the table for a long period for sure in regards to spectators.

Hopefully, my concern that Stewart Robertson is having his belly tickled is just a poor assumption on my part. However, we should be looking at other avenues, its time we moved on and it would be beneficial in regards to the product on offer as let us be honest playing a team 4 times sometimes six a season is a chore.
I agree with your sentiment but there is zero chance of walking away from Scottish football into another league, it simply will not happen.
The thought of Rangers playing in the EPL is mouthwatering, but it will always be a dream.

I feel torn on this issue, part of me would love to get out of this toxic league run by the vatican nat cabal. They would be happy to kill scottish football for their own cause, if they have not done so already. Then again the other part of me wants to fight on believing for a turn around in this country, hoping people wake up to how toxic the country has become with the current nationalist leadership. You cant help feeling we are fast approching a pivotal moment, as it currently stands scottish football is gubbed.

it wouldn’t be the conference though, if we joined the English system we’d have to join a lower division like AFC Wimbledon did, it took them something like 4 promotions just to get to the conference.
So be it.

I’ve never been one for a move to England, We are a culture of Unionists based in Scotland. However, the the last 10 - 15 years of continual demonisation and slandering of us, is really wearing me down. I don’t think we would walk automatically into the Prem, but I think now I’d take the championship. There are plenty of shi* games in that league, but I see more upside than down.

Let’s see what evolves over the next 6 months or so. If clubs start going to wall, then I think I’d take the move.

just my opinion.

I'm torn on the idea but it should have been more explored in 2012 unfortunately we had the spivs in change but there was growing talk/speculation we could have joined the conference at the time.

For me win 55 then look at it again but I doubt anything will come of it we need to seriously get back on top and stay there it's the only way of turning the tide against us imo.

Except the biggest support in UK (and no I am not forgetting about Manure or Scousers)
and what good will that do us,,at most away games, teams only get a small percentage of an allocation,so how are we any different to teams already down there,they would shift the same allocation we would, as i said we have nothing whatsoever to offer

and what good will that do us,,at most away games, teams only get a small percentage of an allocation,so how are we any different to teams already down there,they would shift the same allocation we would, as i said we have nothing whatsoever to offer
You've forgotten about TV

We are going nowhere as the EPL don’t need us. We need to play in Scotland despite the attitude towards us. Top players would be motivated by the hatred towards us. Unfortunately we don’t have many top players.

If the SPFL hand Celtic the title, then I understand this angle.

However, I must make it clear that I’m not sure I could support Rangers in a world of modern football. I detest the EPL and all that it has become. I couldn’t get involved in anything like that. It’s pure Hollywood and soulless.

However, I must make it clear that I’m not sure I could support Rangers in a world of modern football. I detest the EPL and all that it has become. I couldn’t get involved in anything like that. It’s pure Hollywood and soulless.

If Rangers don’t pursue any such proposal with every fibre of our being, football will change forever for me.

Last edited:
what about tv,they have 4 games against the mentally challengeds for peanuts and decent viewing figures for ours and that lots other games, tv are more than happy where we are at this moment,
And what about if every match could match OF figures? We would be an asset as opposed to, say, Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace etc

And what about if every match could match OF figures? We would be an asset as opposed to, say, Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace etc
old firm figures are less than most average games featuring the likes of the teams you mention mate, the tv companies are more than happy with what they have at the moment,if we really had anything remotely worth offering ,the tv companies would have been pushing the relevant footballing authorities down south, truth is we offer nothing that they dont already have

If we roll over and accept them being handed the league without a fight then I for one am finished with football. We have become a soft touch too often and too keen to build bridges to appease others. I’m 64 now and have been going to Ibrox since the days of Ritchie Shearer Caldow etc. Rangers have been my life but I couldn’t stomach playing in league where we are continually shafted. Them being gifted a title, albeit tainted, would be a line in the sand for me.

We are in danger of just accepting our lot and becoming another Hibs or Hearts.

Shít like Liewell know that there’s more than a title at stake here, getting Scottish football to just give them a title will inflict long term damage to Rangers. And I don’t get the vibe that Stewart Robertson is the man to lead the fight ( just an opinion ).

If there was any way possible for use to leave this backwater league I hope the club will look into it very, very closely. However I feel our one chance was gone when we we put down the league.

I think the club need to have a serious look at some sort of legal war with the SPL. If they are now at the stage of being awarded titles they didn’t win then that really should be the end of it for us, because what’s the point?

I wish our board would get tough and tell the SFA that they’ll be taking them to the cleaners on the back of awarding this title to the scum. In addition to that they should puff the chest out and brazenly tell them that we’re aware of the influence Celtic have on everything they do and that we won’t stand for it. Of course this is just what I would like to see, I’m fully aware the chances of our board showing any serious backbone in these situations is slim to say the least.

If Rangers don’t pursue any such proposal with every fibre of our being, football will change forever for me.

I don’t know what’s worse; running the risk of becoming the second force for the next decade, or arriving at Ibrox to sit next to a bunch of Japanese and Americans with half and half Old Firm scarves.

I don’t know what’s worse; running the risk of becoming the second force for the next decade, or arriving at Ibrox to sit next to a bunch of Japanese and Americans with half and half Old Firm scarves.

With every chance of Rangers being EPL strugglers year on year.

No reason at all why Rangers would be a top side in the EPL. Money doesnt guarantee success.

I think the club need to have a serious look at some sort of legal war with the SPL. If they are now at the stage of being awarded titles they didn’t win then that really should be the end of it for us, because what’s the point?

I wish our board would get tough and tell the SFA that they’ll be taking them to the cleaners on the back of awarding this title to the scum. In addition to that they should puff the chest out and brazenly tell them that we’re aware of the influence Celtic have on everything they do and that we won’t stand for it. Of course this is just what I would like to see, I’m fully aware the chances of our board showing any serious backbone in these situations is slim to say the least.

I’d happily weigh in to help crowdfund if it was to be used either by the club or small investors to pursue Doncaster & co, if / when the give CeItic the title.

Leaving the SPFL would be good but where would we go? There are no plans to allow us anywhere and I can't see it happening any time soon, if at all. So leaving the SPFL would just leave us with nowhere to play - which would be pretty stupid.

We should just focus on beating the living shit out of them until they start actually focussing on Scottish football and improving it. Rather than just what Celtic want.

Leaving the SPFL would be good but where would we go? There are no plans to allow us anywhere and I can't see it happening any time soon, if at all. So leaving the SPFL would just leave us with nowhere to play - which would be pretty stupid.

We should just focus on beating the living shit out of them until they start actually focussing on Scottish football and improving it. Rather than just what Celtic want.

Only going to happen if Rangers become invested in Scottish football and actually try to drive things forward.

A simple question

If roles were reversed would peter lawwell be doing the Stewart Robertson act of sitting quietly allowing all this propaganda to run?

Or would he be proactive, getting ex-players other managers to write on Ranger's website that you cannot win something you have not won? I get the daily rebel is just lawwells PR machine and we know that the BBC are no friends but we have our own website, bloody use it.

We complain about being downtrodden yet our chiefs are pathetic, weak and not fit for purpose.

Great post mate and exactly how I feel about it. I look at football from a working class point of view, no frills and affordable

Why such a long post for something that is so ridiculous. We’re never leaving the Scottish Leagues, you can argue as much as you want but it’s never happening

As I’ve already posted this is correct.

The idea that we did seems to have grown credence on FF in recent times - fake news.

We did though. We were effectively kicked out of Scottish Football and had to re-apply for a license to join the league. During the application phase, we were a football club but not members of any league. Nothing stopping us at that point to apply to join the English setup.

Scottish football is toxic !!

It just isn't any fun anymore but where to go ?

Too true! The rivalry with that mob who are a permanent stain on our country, the other clubs and their diddy fans sucking Timmy’s cock, the gang of vermin who cover football in the trash media, the diddy parliament of elected politicians of which there’s about 3 Rangers fans if you’re lucky in an abomination of a building when we’re easily the biggest club in Scotland with no debate to be had on the subject...I could go on.

If there’s a way out of this shitty corrupt set up in future We ought to take it and embrace the challenge of building a better future and creating more history in a far healthier better level of competition and more positive environment. If Rangers accept them being given a title not won mathematically it’s game over for me.

We did though. We were effectively kicked out of Scottish Football and had to re-apply for a license to join the league. During the application phase, we were a football club but not members of any league. Nothing stopping us at that point to apply to join the English setup.

There was mate - UEFA clarified that teams outside a member country could not join another country’s set-up.

It’s just not true to say there was a clear route to England in 2012.

I am sure I'm not alone in losing the will to follow my team in a country that is hell bent to destroy it.

If that immoral mob is awarded the biggest tainted trophy ever whilst the likes of doncaster and lawwell are skipping down the garden path Then surely its time to go. Scottish media will be singing their praises for sure as they have no integrity either.

Other teams will also cheer on as they have no standards, they have become Celtic pawns and basically are happy as long as we are trodden on.

Sporting integrity has gone. Even if it is delayed the narrative has been set and the weak leaders or liewells puppets in the SFA and SPFL will go along as he says.

Our own Stewart Robertson is very quiet right now, yet he is on the board that decides. I hope he is keeping his powder dry for a damn good reason.

We had a chance of looking at other avenues in 2012 and we have another chance now. If anything I am more determined for my team to look at alternatives now more than ever. And there will be alternatives with the UEFA fall out. We are a big deal regarding finances from broadcasters surely now is the time to explore other options with football off the table for a long period for sure in regards to spectators.

Hopefully, my concern that Stewart Robertson is having his belly tickled is just a poor assumption on my part. However, we should be looking at other avenues, its time we moved on and it would be beneficial in regards to the product on offer as let us be honest playing a team 4 times sometimes six a season is a chore.
nHQVwhD.gif

There was mate - UEFA clarified that teams outside a member country could not join another country’s set-up.

It’s just not true to say there was a clear route to England in 2012.

If we were still active members of the Scottish Football Association. We were a football club with no license or league to play in at that stage.

Back