Is Tuchel the best manager in world football rn?

I think a lot of people just don’t like Guardiola (whether it be due to his character, the clubs he’s managed or all the hoopla over him, I’m not sure), and thus will never give him his due and continue to poke holes in his record and create obstacles and barriers for him to clear that no other coach has to clear. Or to continue to perpetuate the myth that he spends insane amounts of money buying up all the best players while others competing with him feed off crumbs.

His Bayern side were brilliant, underachieved in the CL but dispatched domestic sides in a manner that hasn’t really been seen in Germany before.

I think it mostly comes down to Barca. Propogated by Little England media, people hated the fact Pep created the greatest team of all time and couldn't handle it when they were dishing out beatings to the likes of Man Utd in the supposed greatest league ever. There was jealousy going on that still lingers IMO.

I mean, I love Tuchel - as I've posted in this thread - but I'm sure even he would be embarrassed at the idea of being put above Pep (he went on record saying he's his hero).

I think it mostly comes down to Barca. Propogated by Little England media, people hated the fact Pep created the greatest team of all time and couldn't handle it when they were dishing out beatings to teams in the supposed greatest league ever. There was jealousy going on that still lingers IMO.

I mean, I love Tuchel - as I've posted in this thread - but I'm sure even he would be embarrassed at the idea of being put above Pep (he went on record saying he's his hero).

Especially when it was Sir Alex he was getting one over. Also probably bitterness that he did the unthinkable and went to Germany instead of going straight to the greatest league that’s ever existed.

Tuchel is class, and he’s doing some job, but I think its almost amplified by the ineptitude of the previous occupant of his position.

Man City do spend ridiculous amounts of money I don’t think that is up for debate so he should be under more pressure than most Club’s.

Which ridiculous amounts of money has Pep spent at City in his time there compared to other rich teams ?

There isn't another manager in the world who is considered a failure because they failed to win the CL every single year.

Which ridiculous amounts of money has Pep spent at City in his time there compared to other rich teams ?

There isn't another manager in the world who is considered a failure because they failed to win the CL every single year.
He has spent over a Billion Euros at Man City half of it on their defence chickenfeed to the State that runs them I suppose.

Pep is held to a ridiculous standard that no other manager in world football is.

He's still the best in the world for my money although Tuchel has done an excellent job since his arrival.
Joint 5th most successful manager in history at the age of 50. Who gives a %^*& if he spends a fair bit of cash, he is hardly the first manager to do it but he certainly is more successful than the others.

Agreed this time last season Klopp was getting talked about as best in the world.
And it’ll change against next season.

It’s simply an opinion as to who is the best gaffer in the world.

There is no right or wrong answer.

Not even top 3

Flick
Pep (who has made me eat my words)
Simeone

I still rank Klopp far up the list as well

He certainly seems to have the better of Pep and city, Chelsea are like a different team that’s not saying I think he’s the best

Admittedly I was one of the people who were not over excited about Tuchels appointment. It was a mixture of emotion from the Lampard debacle and just not knowing a whole lot about him (i only watch Rangers and Chelsea these days).

He has quickly grown on me. I love his style of play. If guys like Timo were more clinical in front of goal then their attack would be devastating. TT’s Chelsea have seen off Man City twice, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton Porto and two big Madrid clubs.

All the players have bought into his system and players like Azpi, Jorginho, Alonso and even Kepa have found a new lease of life under him.

On current form? Probably tbh. Still wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked halfway through next season.

What are the Chelsea fans opinions on him now? I remember seeing a few quite scathing viewpoints early on, and many stated team was no better than under Lampard , and Tuchel was tactically no better. Surely they must be on board now, for the most part?

I heard he has lots of innovative coaching techniques...like getting defenders to hold tennis balls during training to stop them grabbing the attacking players when tackling...it hones their positional and technical skills.

Mount has always been tidy tbf. Tuchel has just made him look even better. He's the link player England have been lacking.

If you're highlighting a player under Tuchel at Chelsea, then it has to be Kante. He's been messed about by clueless managers for years, but he has found him a role and is now playing to his full potential.

I can't think of many better footballers than Kante since January. He's been utterly world-class.
Playing Rudigar week in week out has improved Chelsea at the back big time, Tuchel is a great coach and is on course for a cup double with Chelsea which would have been un heard of under Lampard

The best coaches in the world can consistently rebuild teams over time, whether they do it by spending big money or not. Tuchel hasn't been at any club long enough to tell us how good he really is.

By this same measure I wouldn't have Klopp as one of the best in the world - he clearly gets teams to a peak they can't sustain and hasn't reinvented a side yet... and also by this measure Pep clearly comes top of the pile for now. He could be at City for years and will have to shuffle players in and out as time moves on.

I think it mostly comes down to Barca. Propogated by Little England media, people hated the fact Pep created the greatest team of all time and couldn't handle it when they were dishing out beatings to the likes of Man Utd in the supposed greatest league ever. There was jealousy going on that still lingers IMO.

And yet Tuchel keeps beating him.

Why do people automatically give Pep the accolade ? Spends fortunes and wins the league every other season.

He should have built a dynasty with what he spent, instead they’ve only made one final and trade titles with others.

Pep has underwhelmed since he left Barcelona.

Tuchel was last manager as PSG, and now manager at Chelsea. Not exactly teams known for their frugal approach to player acquisition - Chelsea spend £225m on players this summer alone, while PSG have 2 forwards who cost a combined 400m euros, let alone the rest of the squad.

Hes doing well as is Pep. Klopp had injuries galore.

I like Chelsea and lampard but it was obvious that lampards formation was predictable and easy to play through

I was reminded by an accies fan at work today that I predicted playing a back 3 would transform them. Even suggested on here once :)

Football can be quite a simple game but people get stuck with their thinking due to pressure or certain players down tools etc.
Are you suggesting that you are the best manager in the world :D

Please remember folks, there is no correct answer.

These threads are going to become like the Ronnie/Messi threads.

Admittedly I was one of the people who were not over excited about Tuchels appointment. It was a mixture of emotion from the Lampard debacle and just not knowing a whole lot about him (i only watch Rangers and Chelsea these days).

He has quickly grown on me. I love his style of play. If guys like Timo were more clinical in front of goal then their attack would be devastating. TT’s Chelsea have seen off Man City twice, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton Porto and two big Madrid clubs.

All the players have bought into his system and players like Azpi, Jorginho, Alonso and even Kepa have found a new lease of life under him.
How did Everton and Spurs make that list in a non-ironic way. Have either won anything this millennium?

Tuchel’s lifespan normally involves a cracking start and then everyone hating him after 18 months, so there’s nothing new here as yet.

How did Everton and Spurs make that list in a non-ironic way. Have either won anything this millennium?

Just the fact that they are 7th and 8th in the Premier League. Can add in West Ham as well.

When Tuchel started Chelsea were 9th. Only team above they failed to beat, was a 0-0 draw against Man U.

Not a fan of Guardiola, I dare say others will disagree but there's no way he could have done what, Clough did at forest or Ferguson did at Aberdeen and a truly great manager would have sorted city's defensive frailties long before this season, at barca he had the trio of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, at Bayern he had lamb, Neuer, Muller, Robben and Ribery almost guaranteed success as for Tuchel he has inherited a very talented squad and has done a good job In fixing a bit of a mess but world's best manager, these things are subjective.

Another disciple of Ralf Ragnick, they all seem to have this mythical mastery of tactics and philosophy which he obviously instills in them, something I reckon any wannabe world class manager should be studying because it's proven to be effective. Pep is probably still the best IMO because of his record but the transformation in Chelsea under Tuchel speaks for itself.

And?

In his last job he won a treble and made it to the CL final.

In a second rate league. And what do you mean ‘and’? He had two players alone worth more than a third of that figure and a squad worth a fortune to compete in a league outweigh the big 4. One of those players cost about 4 times the amount of Guardiola’s most expensive signing. Not as though Tuchel was feeding off crumbs is it, getting to coast the French league.

Not a fan of Guardiola, I dare say others will disagree but there's no way he could have done what, Clough did at forest or Ferguson did at Aberdeen and a truly great manager would have sorted city's defensive frailties long before this season, at barca he had the trio of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, at Bayern he had lamb, Neuer, Muller, Robben and Ribery almost guaranteed success as for Tuchel he has inherited a very talented squad and has done a good job In fixing a bit of a mess but world's best manager, these things are subjective.

They’ve got the best defensive record in the Premier League and won 2 titles with him prior to this one though.

And no one is winning the league with sides like Aberdeen and Forrest, that was nearly 40 years ago, football has changed enormously since then.

Has Pep only won more than one trophy in a season once with City?

Laughable when we get to April most years and the English media keep telling us how they’re on for a quadruple.

Hope Chelsea win the final would rather City’s name stays off the trophy.

They’ve got the best defensive record in the Premier League and won 2 titles with him prior to this one though.

And no one is winning the league with sides like Aberdeen and Forrest, that was nearly 40 years ago, football has changed enormously since then.
Leicester?

I watched most of last nights game

it was really telling second half that Chelsea were the fitter side

once you beat city press you can get at their back four

gilmour played a magnificent pass to beat the press which should have resulted in a goal

the lad james at right back was immense

Kante was unbelievable in the second half master class in pass and move running and tackling

Chelsea look the best team in England now from what I seen of the game. If they can get a number nine they will be frightening

What a fairytell story.

If Jack had 200m in his pocket, doubt beans would feature prominently in his weekend

Paying a 35 year-old 5m for a season
Littlest Hobo stuff

He's proving his worth. However, im old fashioned, I insist on at least 6 whole months of proven excellence before calling someone the best in the world.
I agree.BJK must be given more time and money to spend.And bring TLB back as assistant.No patience these days.

He wouldn't get manager of the year in Scotland as that will probably be awarded to the st johnstone manager!

Since the start of the 2016-17 season:
  • Manchester have spent £862.57m, recovered £301.46m in sales with a net loss of £561.11m
  • Chelsea have spent £804.87m, recovered £542.53m in sales with a net loss of £262.34m
Manchester City top the "Net Loss" category in Europe by about £60m and Chelsea's "net loss" on transfers is top 10 but about the same as Wolves, VIlla and Everton.

I watched most of last nights game

it was really telling second half that Chelsea were the fitter side

once you beat city press you can get at their back four

gilmour played a magnificent pass to beat the press which should have resulted in a goal

the lad james at right back was immense

Kante was unbelievable in the second half master class in pass and move running and tackling

Chelsea look the best team in England now from what I seen of the game. If they can get a number nine they will be frightening

Guardiola made something like 9 changes though including leaving his best player out of the squad altogether, he also made changes when they went out of the FA cup. I’d imagine he’ll go full strength in the CL final.

That being said I don’t know what he was doing yesterday, if he wins that game he wraps up the league and has a couple of games to take the foot off the gas. Now they’ve got another fixture they need to win and they’ve probably handed Chelsea a psychological advantage too. I think there was a bit of arrogance in trying to see off Chelsea with a mostly second string 11.

Back