Is Wright only an impact sub?

Reminds me a lot of Candieas. Pacey, puts in a shift but too often lacking at vital moments. How he never controlled the pass from Goldson tonight when he is watching it all the way is a mystery.

A lot of people on here wanted him to be a starter at the expense of Kent. I personally don’t think he is anywhere near Kent’s level.

I think he's a good player but I also think you could be right - he's good to bring on for the last 20 mins or something of a game as he can run folks ragged but not sure he's going to fit in as a starter vs the other options we have.

He still needs a bit more time but I would say he's likely to end up a sub more often than not.

Reminds me a lot of Candieas. Pacey, puts in a shift but too often lacking at vital moments. How he never controlled the pass from Goldson tonight when he is watching it all the way is a mystery.

A lot of people on here wanted him to be a starter at the expense of Kent. I personally don’t think he is anywhere near Kent’s level.

True and absolutely laughable and embarrassing.

Realistically he’s a squad player and I’m quite sure that his wage reflects this. You can’t fault his effort and although he’s not playing at Kent’s level, neither is Kent.

Last edited:
Reactions: TQ3
Given his game relies on pace and energy I suppose that has more effect when opponents are tiring. Fair enough. He always gives his all even if he's not the most gifted

he reminds me of candeais in the sense of he is a trier

He is even a level below him in terms of talent

You think he could manage that mate?

I mean if he's nowhere near good enough.. then what makes you feel he's good enough to help us chase a game?

He comes on gives direct pace and energy, that alone had people on here calling for him to start because of the positive cameo he had away in Malmo.

the thing is he doesn't seem able to do it for longer periods, especially if he starts!

I forgot he was actually playing at the weekend until he come off!

Reactions: TQ3
He has attributes that can lift us at times but maybe needs to add a bit more to his game to become a regular starter. I personally think he is better coming from deep and running at opponents but not sure how many games that will happen in the league.

Wright has had a glorious chance to become a first pick and fucked it up on both occasions.

He has been welcomed with open arms but consistently failed to produce when expected. Hagi done more in 2 minutes tonight than Wright has done in 2 games!!

Unfortunately he is a decent standard of Aberdeen player but nowhere near the standard of a Rangers player. I fully expect him to be replaced in January....cover permitting!

I
He comes on gives direct pace and energy, that alone had people on here calling for him to start because of the positive cameo he had away in Malmo.

the thing is he doesn't seem able to do it for longer periods, especially if he starts!

I forgot he was actually playing at the weekend until he come off!
It's not the only reason mate, far from it actually, but yeah he does most definitely have a turn of pace.

Personally I think he will prove you wrong.

But who knows..

Wright has had a glorious chance to become a first pick and fucked it up on both occasions.

He has been welcomed with open arms but consistently failed to produce when expected. Hagi done more in 2 minutes tonight than Wright has done in 2 games!!

Unfortunately he is a decent standard of Aberdeen player but nowhere near the standard of a Rangers player. I fully expect him to be replaced in January....cover permitting!
Damn.. had put loads of little laughing faces in there, but I guess I fucked it up.

I think people forget he was signed as project player. He came onto a game quicker than people thought and is now having a dip. Way too early to write him off.

How many people wrote off Jack, Kamara, Goldson, Tav, Kent, Barisic, etc. Give the guy time.

I'd also add not every player is signed to be a starter, Wright is a back up. He did well and was rewarded with starts. He's now in a bit of a lull.

We can't afford to have ridiculous quality as back ups. It's like people wanting massive quality for our 4th choice CB.

He shouldnt be anywhere near Kents level due to the £7 million pounds paid and wages.

Given his performances on Sunday & tonight, he looks every bit a squad player who certainly won’t get much better than he already is.

Can possibly impact games for us in short spells, but realistically never good enough to hold down a regular spot in the starting XI.

Didn't have a good game tonight but has excelled at times so far this season, confident consistency will come with him

Looked very explosive in his early games, but his form has shaded like most of his teammates, not doing enough for a starting spot just now.

Not really taken his chance last couple of games. He can look lively at times but lacks end product and technical ability at times
This.

He made a bright start to his Rangers career but he must be ready to push on to the next level and seize these opportunities when they come. Got what he deserved tonight and by god did his replacement make the most of his time on the park.

Unlike Gerrard to make that call so soon but ultimately this is what drives the standards up. If you're not doing it there's always someone chapping at the bit to take your place. This is Rangers after all. A harsh lesson for Wright tonight but one I sincerely hope he takes on board.

I agree he has failed to take his chance in the past two games (and in games against the likes of Malmo). That said, I thought he was very good last season. He has ability and is a useful squad player, imo.

The only 'quick' player who always seems to be up against the fastest player in the opposing side....

He's shown some glimpses of real talent when he first arrived, i thought we had found a real gem. This season though he's been bang average, and failed to grasp the opportunity with Kent's injury and Hagi's absence.

Not writing him off yet due to the flashes he's shown, but he needs to realise that fringe players need to grasp opportunities with both hands when they present themselves.

He’s poor think we’ve took a punt on him
and it’s no worked!
An you have decided this after less than a full season at the club? Jesus christ. Did you say the same about Borna? Even Kent wasn't the done deal his first season. He has the raw basics and pace..let the management team develop his game.

Hagi, who was outstanding when he came on has had games where he’s been anonymous. Wouldn’t right off Wright just yet as solely an impact sub.

An you have decided this after less than a full season at the club? Jesus christ. Did you say the same about Borna? Even Kent wasn't the done deal his first season. He has the raw basics and pace..let the management team develop his game.
Mate that’s your opinion but how many players do we take from lessers teams
In the Spl become first teamers!
I’ll bet you any money he’s loaned out a year from now!

Back