Issues purchasing shirt on website

crmpicco

I am trying to purchase the black away shirt and I’m having issues with the price.

I’m in Australia so the price is $130, I add it to my basket and it shows as $155 and thats before shipping.

I note there is a free Castore sliders promo if you spend over $150 so I wonder if they are artificially inflating the price on the fly in the hope some people don’t notice as long as they get “free” sliders.

anyone else having this problem?

I've got that problem in Spain mate the website is always €14-€16 more than it should be, fortunately I'm going home tomorrow to collect a pile I've had sent to my Stirling address.

I've got that problem in Spain mate the website is always €14-€16 more than it should be, fortunately I'm going home tomorrow to collect a pile I've had sent to my Stirling address.

Spain is definitely tax being added on. As of July 1st the EU implemented the IOSS scheme, all orders of value 165 euros or less coming from a non EU country have to comply with it. I believe the Canaries count as EU for this.

Sure there was a similar thread on this not too long ago, so definitely not the club inflating the prices for that reason

I am trying to purchase the black away shirt and I’m having issues with the price.

I’m in Australia so the price is $130, I add it to my basket and it shows as $155 and thats before shipping.

I note there is a free Castore sliders promo if you spend over $150 so I wonder if they are artificially inflating the price on the fly in the hope some people don’t notice as long as they get “free” sliders.

I used to get that when ordering on my ipad, but the proper price on my PC.

I used to get that when ordering on my ipad, but the proper price on my PC.
Did you do anything special to correct it? I've just tried it on my laptop and it's still the same. It's not taxes because there's a specific modal window that appears before that which says there are NO hidden fees.

Pretty poor if you ask me. $130 AUD is already on the expensive side, but throwing in another $25 to push it over the $150 mark is too much for me.

Spain is definitely tax being added on. As of July 1st the EU implemented the IOSS scheme, all orders of value 165 euros or less coming from a non EU country have to comply with it. I believe the Canaries count as EU for this.
GST is 10% in Australia, so 10% of $130 is $13 which isn't the $25 which has been added on.

What was the outcome?
Just managed to find the thread mate, don’t know if it’s any help or not as there’s no outcome posted:)

Did you do anything special to correct it? I've just tried it on my laptop and it's still the same. It's not taxes because there's a specific modal window that appears before that which says there are NO hidden fees.
Nothing special. I did used to wait a day or so though. The thing that annoyed me is that they are still charging us VAT when they shouldn't as we don't reside there.

Nothing special. I did used to wait a day or so though. The thing that annoyed me is that they are still charging us VAT when they shouldn't as we don't reside there.
I just tried to switch it to UK and enter an AU address...20 GBP postage! WTAF

I haven’t yet. Do they post overseas? I’d rather buy direct to be honest and not pay inflated prices, or inflated any further.

did you end up getting it for $130 + postage?
Never used them. Just checked and Greaves are charging 84 quid inc postage. Try again in a few days , you may get it for the proper price.

GST is 10% in Australia, so 10% of $130 is $13 which isn't the $25 which has been added on.

Yea thats why I didn’t mention AUS as I have no idea whats going on with the price there. Was responding to the guy in Spain.

There was someone else from AUS having the same issues a few weeks ago (thread above) I did suggest tax then but as you say it doesn’t add up at all so no idea sorry.

I just tried to switch it to UK and enter an AU address...20 GBP postage! WTAF

£20 shipping to AUS isn’t unreasonable tbh as they use a courier I think DHL. I could send a shirt to AUS via Royal Mail for a tenner but couriers are always more expensive. Hope you get it sorted as the extra $25 being stuck on is poor.

£20 is extortionate to AU, as the normal price is AU$12.50, roughly £6 and a bit. That is with DHL as well.

There is no way DHL offer a tracked service from the UK to AUS for £6. I ship all over the world using multiple couriers. £6 is completely unrealistic. Could it be sent via standard airmail (Royal Mail) for £6 sure as it would qualify as large letter in size, but not tracked. No chance Castore would send it untracked either.

There is no way DHL offer a tracked service from the UK to AUS for £6. I ship all over the world using multiple couriers. £6 is completely unrealistic. Could it be sent via standard airmail (Royal Mail) for £6 sure as it would qualify as large letter in size, but not tracked. No chance Castore would send it untracked either.
They do, I have spent over £300 and have never been charged any more than AU$12.50 Per shipment. And it is also tracked.

I contacted Castore about this glitch, they said go ahead and order and they would reimburse any over-payment.

I ordered and sent the invoices to Castore and was reimbursed the following day, free delivery to Oz and had the items delivered within a week.

Here's the email addy - concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

usually 10 dolars cheeper as no tax on them. The Melbourne Storm strip is 110 dollars why is ours more will need to ask the question.

usually 10 dolars cheeper as no tax on them. The Melbourne Storm strip is 110 dollars why is ours more will need to ask the question.
The Storm one will be an end of season price. Like Eastern Suburbs in Sydney they retail for AU $160.

All sorted out.

They gave me a single use promo code…

“This will provide you with a £25 discount, which will bring the total of the shirt down to $119.26.”

It was a bit painful just to buy one shirt but i’m happy to save a few $.

Back