It’s simple - we aren’t winning a thing until refereeing corruption is addressed by the club

Blues and Royals

You are part of the problem. The tarriers have been at it from McDonald and the refs strike - look where it's got them!!!!

Go back to when Dallas got coined - it was our fault for having a huddle at the end.
They have been intimidating officials since the 1970's when they were hiring private detectives to follow referees around in their private life.
It will get worse next season and then til they beat us to title number 55. Rangers ,including the fans need to take a different course of action now instead of just issuing statements and whining online, otherwise what is the point ............

macjohn212

Nothing will change until a delegate from Rangers with compiled unequivocal evidence in hand , flanked by legal representatives , sit down with the powers that be and demand change .

Walters80

Refs are woeful in this country but to use that as an excuse for losing to a Hearts side that have lost 11 goals in the 3 league games since they beat us is ignoring the real problem.

No real excuses for dropping points at home to a garbage Aberdeen team either.

Last edited:

Portrushbear

I predict VAR will be implemented in Scotland the season after next, they simply cannot allow it before then

Love it or hate it, there are numerous cases where the only result of a var review could have benefitted us with no room for subjective decisions

Offside in Cup final
Penalty at Pittodrie
Handball for Kilmarnocks equaliser

Get those 3 decisions correct and the whole season looks a lot rosier than it does right now

Those are only off the top of my head as the irrefutable ones that aren't open to interpretation (bias)

Cambuslang Ranger

Official Ticketer
You put games to bed when you are 1-0 up you don’t need to worry about refs decisions. Simple as that!

We at the moment are struggling to put games to bed!
Alfie’s goal should have stood and we’d have won that game , the ref robbed us of a win that’s a fact .

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
I predict VAR will be implemented in Scotland the season after next, they simply cannot allow it before then

Love it or hate it, there are numerous cases where the only result of a var review could have benefitted us with no room for subjective decisions

Offside in Cup final
Penalty at Pittodrie

Get those 3 decisions correct and the whole season looks a lot rosier than it does right now

Those are only off the top of my head as the irrefutable ones that aren't open to interpretation (bias)
It’s an absolute certainty mate.

Or if VAR isn’t introduced, look out for refereeing being a bit more even the season after next for the good of the Scottish game having some competition.

As it stands, absolutely nothing will be allowed to compromise the filths quest for 10, and that includes the introduction of VAR to give us a fair crack at winning the league.

In addition to the decisions against us you mention, they’ve also had a helping hand with a few dodgy decisions in the games they’ve been struggling in. 2 since the break alone.

We would at least be neck and neck with them just now if both teams were refereed to the same standard.

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
Aye mate because I actually don’t believe there’s a conspiracy against us because I know the refereeing is rotten. If you do it’s a final clutch at the straws because they’ve won 9 leagues in a row.
They aren’t rotten, they are cheats.

It’s not incompetence we are seeing. Beaton not allowing a Morelos winner due to a phantom foul that never happened isn’t down to him being rotten. Him not awarding us a penalty at Aberdeen when he was looking right at the incident from 5 yards away isn’t incompetence.

Clancys performance on the 29th of December isn’t just down to him being rotten.

If they were just rotten, their incorrect decisions would be evenly distributed. Point me in the direction of the huge amount of decisions for us or against the filth that have occurred to balance out the last 2 months of corruption.

We have lost a cup and are out of the title race due to a ridiculous number of horrendous decisions going against us and still some of our supporters continue to bury their heads in the sand.

Groove

Said in another post. Us fan need to take it upon ourselves. Not our job but our club are short changing us in this department I suggest boo every decision against us give the ref it right coming on and off the park. And a massive banner at our next home match that’s on tv. Might even force the board to listen.

Commentator

My suspicion is something like the following scenario may be playing out.
When he mentioned decisions going against us very early on the board told Gerrard "we don't do that sort of thing here". He accepted it and that became his public mantra, told the players that he wasn't having any talk of cheating refs and they just had to get on with it. For a while it was enough.
At one of the recent team chats however(Dubai would fit), the increasingly blatant corruption came up and the manager went to the board, explained how the players felt and said he had to start mentioning it because a) he agreed, b) he needed to have his players backs, c) there was ample video evidence of what was happening and d) the club couldn't win because of it, he couldn't deliver.
Dave King, through Robertson or maybe Traynor, said "No, we don't do that round here".
Gerrard, his team and the players are seriously disillusioned with the board's cowardice, Culshaw and Beale going tonto at cheating may be due to this, and the general atmosphere is now "they're not serious, not prepared to do what makes them uncomfortable. Ok, so it's really not that important. Message received, we're not that serious about this".

Something isn't right at the club.

Last edited:

defender

There's absolutely no point in Club 1872 releasing a statement is there?
There absolutely is, at the very least it adds a bit of pressure on the club to act (that should actually form part of the statement), it also at least breaks the total silence on the issue which just now means there isn't even an issue and the case has to be fought with retrospective evidence giving the perception of 'moon howling' when in actual fact the game has become corrupt to the core !

swany

We will not be ALLOWED to win anything till the corruptive stacked deck is called out by club and fans and that will only happen by action not hot air.

Commentator

There absolutely is, at the very least it adds a bit of pressure on the club to act (that should actually form part of the statement), it also at least breaks the total silence on the issue which just now means there isn't even an issue and the case has to be fought with retrospective evidence giving the perception of 'moon howling' when in actual fact the game has become corrupt to the core !
Club1872 need to stick @Edweird's videos up on their site and call for the board to address the issue with the authorities.

laud55

There are a ton of threads on VAR.

When you see how it is being implemented - and dissected by alleged pundits - down south you think do we really want this here and will we the fans in the ground actually have any idea of what is going on when an outcome of a review is posted on the scoreboard?

And then you see in every game a decision that hasn't gone our way that has radically changed the outcome and you think we have to have it here.

My question is where in the current climate of mistrust are we going to find the referees to sit in the review box who are going to reach any better decision than the official on the pitch? Will we even know who the reviewer is any more than we know who is the BT "ref"?

And yes I do think that post-match Stevie G should be coming out and saying I didn't understand this decision or I see a different interpretation of that decision etc. Sean Dyche has this down to a fine art.

Doctor Rock

There is not a conspiracy against us. It's just down to bad referees. In order for a conspiracy to work a large group of people (the SFA, referees etc) would have to meet and plan all this in private. Everyone would need to be 100% committed. The more people involved the more likely that something will go wrong and everything would be discovered. Could you imagine the fallout if that happened?

Ubik

There is not a conspiracy against us. It's just down to bad referees. In order for a conspiracy to work a large group of people (the SFA, referees etc) would have to meet and plan all this in private. Everyone would need to be 100% committed. The more people involved the more likely that something will go wrong and everything would be discovered. Could you imagine the fallout if that happened?
why do people regurgitate this nonsense.

Commentator

Trying to shift the debate, Dr?
The overwhelming evidence is that the officials are operating different tiers of refereeing which has affected our results. They don't need to indulge in dictionary-definition conspiracies to do that.
Stop with the nonsense.

Saltire

Offside in Cup final
Penalty at Pittodrie

You missed Goldson’s handball at Hamilton last week, that doesn’t suit your agenda though. Refs are crap, end off. We need var because the standard of refereeing in Scotland is poor, not because of some kind of conspiracy.

a_weir

You put games to bed when you are 1-0 up you don’t need to worry about refs decisions. Simple as that!

We at the moment are struggling to put games to bed!
If the referees do their job, at 87 minutes we are 2-0 up against 10 men.

Thats the game to bed, is it not?

Ubik

You missed Goldson’s handball at Hamilton last week, that doesn’t suit your agenda though. Refs are crap, end off. We need var because the standard of refereeing in Scotland is poor, not because of some kind of conspiracy.
read the rules ffs its not a penalty

Commentator

It was not a handball you lunatic. The laws were published on here proving it was not handball.
Or "does that not suit your agenda"?

Billiericky

To expand on something I said in another thread about the Morelos disallowed goal.

There is two forms of cheating we (as a Club) need to highlight:

1. Referees and officials who are showing clear bias by
a) being too strict in implementing the rules of the game when dealing with a Rangers player
b) being too lenient in their interpretation of the rules when dealing with non-Rangers players
2. Players of other clubs are regularly trying to gain an unfair advantage (cheating) by pretending to be fouled or feigning injury. The referee can't always get this right. The Compliance Officer must step in and take retrospective action. Was this not one of the main reasons for her position be created in the first place?

Commentator

To expand on something I said in another thread about the Morelos disallowed goal.

There is two forms of cheating we (as a Club) need to highlight:

1. Referees and officials who are showing clear bias by
a) being too strict in implementing the rules of the game when dealing with a Rangers player
b) being too lenient in their interpretation of the rules when dealing with non-Rangers players
2. Players of other clubs are regularly trying to gain an unfair advantage (cheating) by pretending to be fouled or feigning injury. The referee can't always get this right. The Compliance Officer must step in and take retrospective action. Was this not one of the main reasons for her position be created in the first place?
Dicker the other night was a perfect example of what she should act against. He not only dived, he pretended he'd been hit on the face.

Portrushbear

I missed it, because I didn't see it as I was working, so won't comment on something I genuinely haven't seen, I have read arguments on here that with the new handball rules it may not have been a penalty.

It's hard not to scream conspiracy when you see how many marginal decisions don't go our way

Dicker should have been sent off for diving if he was refereed to the same standard as Alfie, Burke should have been sent off for bringing Kent down when through on goal, handball in the lead up to their goal, no penalty call on Alfie for a push, goal disallowed for pretty much the exact same amount of contact as the previously denied penalty claim

5 key decisions that allow went against us in one game, can you tell me a major decision that went in our favour? If a referee is that bad he makes 5 huge errors in one game and there is no agenda he shouldn't be refereeing at the top level again. Surely the swings and roundabouts mentality means we get at least 1 or 2 of those in our favour? 3 of them were at 1-0 and change the whole complexion of the game

Not a key decision but there was also their player practically putting a saddle on tav and holding him back on a counter and not being booked, ludicrous decision

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
Of course it’s not a grand conspiracy. That’s what the tarriers think. They think the referees gather at lodges every week to conspire against them and plot their downfall.

What we are seeing is referees absolutely petrified to give decisions for one team and against another team. Beaton, Clancy and co are absolutely terrified of being labelled cheating huns, so they call every decision against us. Beaton has cost us 5 points this season from the only 2 away games of ours he has refereed. That’s not bad going for a cheating hun.

Take the Morelos goal on Wednesday as an isolated example. Beaton never saw that. There is no way he saw Morelos commit a push. However by the Kilmarnock player flinging himself to the deck, it creates doubt. Is it easier to be responsible for chalking off a late Rangers winner, or allow a winner to stand when there was potentially a foul? What call gives Beaton an easier time after the game?

That’s all it is down to. Fear and intimidation.

There are also guys like Clancy who is quite simply a Rangers hating tim who’s not afraid to show it when he officiates games.

That mob were allowed to intimidate and bully referees to the extent that they caused a strike. Media headlines, death threats, smashed windows, you name it.

It quite simply isn’t worth the hassle for referees anymore. Their life is much simpler to call everything for us and against them and ensure the filths dominance isn’t compromised.

Last edited:

Geerfc19

Fed up reading these silly threads.

Referees will always be an issue. They've been an issue in the past and they'll be an issue in the future.

Releasing statements will do nothing but change focus from the real problem at hand.

And that's us

Commentator

Referees will always be an issue. They've been an issue in the past and they'll be an issue in the future.

Releasing statements will do nothing but change focus from the real problem at hand.

And that's us
Fed up reading these silly posts.

Last edited:

Grampian Bear

Official Ticketer
I missed it, because I didn't see it as I was working, so won't comment on something I genuinely haven't seen, I have read arguments on here that with the new handball rules it may not have been a penalty.

It's hard not to scream conspiracy when you see how many marginal decisions don't go our way

Dicker should have been sent off for diving if he was refereed to the same standard as Alfie, Burke should have been sent off for bringing Kent down when through on goal, handball in the lead up to their goal, no penalty call on Alfie for a push, goal disallowed for pretty much the exact same amount of contact as the previously denied penalty claim

5 key decisions that allow went against us in one game, can you tell me a major decision that went in our favour? If a referee is that bad he makes 5 huge errors in one game and there is no agenda he shouldn't be refereeing at the top level again. Surely the swings and roundabouts mentality means we get at least 1 or 2 of those in our favour? 3 of them were at 1-0 and change the whole complexion of the game

Not a key decision but there was also their player practically putting a saddle on tav and holding him back on a counter and not being booked, ludicrous decision

Well said , we get one marginal decision in our favour and all the others that go against us count for nothing.

Grampian Bear

Official Ticketer

And that's us
Fed up reading silly responses to serious threads, if you're "happy" with the abysmal standard of refereeing at our games and can't see that we are refereed to different standard then I would doubt your allegiances.

Blueranger45

anyway that fans can withdraw season ticket money until the board responds to the quite obvious ref issue?

it's almost like watching wrestling if it's a league that is predetermined before it starts. The board do like money and might listen with that, although I expect we probably have plenty who will spend the money with no problem or there will be a list of people who can come in if others don't want to pay

the situation is a joke and the manager/players don't seem to care about it or can't talk about it

Geerfc19

Fed up reading silly responses to serious threads, if you're "happy" with the abysmal standard of refereeing at our games and can't see that we are refereed to different standard then I would doubt your allegiances.
Football teams around the world think they're refereed to a different standard than anyone else.

Pop onto any football forum and you'll see other supporters saying the same thing as us.

Nothing has changed in all my time watching Rangers.

We've won titles under poor referee decisions. We've won games when referees make shocking decisions. We even won one at the end of the year under those circumstances.

The fact is. It will still be a problem the next decade. Like it was the decade before.

I doubt your allegiances

Nacho Novo

Serious question please tell me what you think will happen if Rangers or Club 1872 call out the referees?
It shows fans the board care about the club and are trying to do something to stop select decision making against us. If Morelos' goal stands, we would have rightly won the game and grinded out yet another 2-1 victory.

Highland Gers

The referees have been poor, inconsistent and just not up to standard. However, let's not use this as an excuse. In the games we've played since the break we have been rotten. It started with Stranraer and it hasn't improved. We've taken the lead in games and can't see them out. We got terrible decisions against us in the 90s and 00s but we were steamrolling teams so it didn't matter. Now that we're struggling these matters come into focus more.

Our PR is so bad we can't bleat about refs. We're so busy chucking out useless statements like confetti it simply wouldn't hold any weight. It would just seen like another moan. We need to be selective when making statements to make maximum impact. Look at that mob, don't say much but then wham, a complaint made to ofcom and Sky are banned.

You don't start dishing out statements when you get gubbed, if we're going to do we should do it right... and start by getting rid of Traynor.
I agree we have been below par since the break, but that Doesn’t mean the ref should not do his job properly

Tough away fixtures can and are won or lost on marginal decisions- and we have been on the end of some shockers this season. Last night as poor as we were they had a goal that should not have stood and we were denied a perfectly good one.

I’m old enough to remember the 80s, 90s etc but have never seen it as bad as it is now. We really need someone to speak out